The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 129
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Wade-0 Anyone know of a killer product to get these nasty yellow stains outta my upholstry? Thats ...

  1. #1921
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,522
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Anyone know of a killer product to get these nasty yellow stains outta my upholstry?

    Thats gross dude.. I hate smoke!!! Febreeze auto maybe??


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #1922
    Registered User Wade-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Southern Orygun
    Posts
    3,809
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Thats gross dude.. I hate smoke!!! Febreeze auto maybe??
    That's what I was thinking. I'll pick some up at the store tonight.

  4. #1923
    Registered User carrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Medford, the final frontier
    Posts
    233
    Don't know what to say about what happened Wade. I do know he over books himself at times because he's damn popular, and now he's the only independant Subie mechanic in the valley. I've never had a problem from him on any of the 4 cars I've had him work on. Last one I had him work on was my finace's Legacy, and he was so far behind when I came to get it, I helped out by running after parts, changing the belts myself, and helped him repair the taillight water leaks in the hatch. I wasn't paying the bill as it was a used car warranty picking up the tab, so the cost of me helping him wasn;t an issue to me. I'd have to say he's a victim of his own success. Not trying to justify what happened, or make excuses. Merely relaying my own experiences. I don't blame you for not going there again, but until I have a problem I'll let him continue to do my stuff. Especially since I need plugs soon.....

  5. #1924
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A.shleezy
    Posts
    247
    wrx stockers w/ re950s still for sale... $290 takes them.

    ...and after reading briefly over Wade's fiasco, well, I'll know where NOT to take my car if it ever needs a mech.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

  6. #1925
    Registered User carrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Medford, the final frontier
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one View Post
    wrx stockers w/ re950s still for sale... $290 takes them.

    ...and after reading briefly over Wade's fiasco, well, I'll know where NOT to take my car if it ever needs a mech.

    Oh well, makes it that much easier for me to get an appointment should I need one.......

  7. #1926
    Registered User Wade-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Southern Orygun
    Posts
    3,809
    Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    Last one I had him work on was my finace's Legacy, and he was so far behind when I came to get it, I helped out by running after parts, changing the belts myself, and helped him repair the taillight water leaks in the hatch.
    For some reason, when you told me that story at the meet in Eugene, I assumed you meant you were actually EMPLOYED by him. I don't remember you saying that you did all that stuff because he was so far behind schedule.

    Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    I'd have to say he's a victim of his own success. Not trying to justify what happened, or make excuses.
    I don't doubt that he's a skilled mechanic. What I can't accept is that when I originally scheduled the appointment with him in November, just before Thanksgiving, he told me he had the whole first week of December open. Then, suddenly when I'm wanting to pick my car up, he's slammed and behind schedule? It's pretty obvious that he was lying, and there's no excuse for that. I was more than patient with him. I gave him 2 extra days before I had to put my foot down. Good wrench or not, that's just not how you treat customers.

    This whole thing would have been a non-issue if he just would have been honest about his schedule, and asked me to bring the car in when he had time to dedicate to it. The job should only take half a day. When I picked up my car, I asked him what the story was with the car he had on the lift, and why was it more important than mine. He told me that car had been sitting on his lot for longer than mine, and it was an easier job. Ummm... the stories just aren't jiving here my friend.

  8. #1927
    Registered User carrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Medford, the final frontier
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    For some reason, when you told me that story at the meet in Eugene, I assumed you meant you were actually EMPLOYED by him. I don't remember you saying that you did all that stuff because he was so far behind schedule.

    No, I did what I diud as I had to take the Legacy back to CA the next morning, and I needed it done. He had it for a week, and it still wasn't done on Friday when I was dropped off to pick it up.

  9. #1928
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,522
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    No, I did what I diud as I had to take the Legacy back to CA the next morning, and I needed it done. He had it for a week, and it still wasn't done on Friday when I was dropped off to pick it up.
    Im not bashing your friend at the shop but we never have a car sit here that isnt a used car for more than 3 or 4 days. Really it is only that long if they are waitting on trannies or motors from outside vendors or hondas.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  10. #1929
    Registered User Wade-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Southern Orygun
    Posts
    3,809
    Ok Bo, I dropped it off at your shop this morning. I've never seen so many raised eyebrows and sideways looks. The guy that greeted me when I pulled up actually said "A Subaru?"

    I don't know how much background you gave them about what was going on with the pressure plate and all that, but they didn't ask so I figured you had.

    Oh yeah, the Febreze Auto worked great.

  11. #1930
    Registered User carrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Medford, the final frontier
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Im not bashing your friend at the shop but we never have a car sit here that isnt a used car for more than 3 or 4 days. Really it is only that long if they are waitting on trannies or motors from outside vendors or hondas.

    Well I'm willing to wait a little extra time to let a Subaru specialist work on my car as opposed to a general tech. I only want someone who's Subaru savvy touching my car.

  12. #1931
    Registered User Essvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Methford, OR
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    I only want someone who's Subaru savvy touching my car.
    Thank god your exhaust hasn't fallen off yet
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

  13. #1932
    Registered User carrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Medford, the final frontier
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
    Thank god your exhaust hasn't fallen off yet
    You said you were a Subaru tech!! Liar!!!

  14. #1933
    Registered User Wade-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Southern Orygun
    Posts
    3,809
    Hey Dave, changing out the plugs isn't too difficult. I have a plug socket with an integrated swivel that makes the job a lot easier. The hardest thing with the wagon is moving the washer fluid bottle out of the way. I've done mine and Noelle's RS, so I'm kinda savvy if you want some help

  15. #1934
    Registered User Essvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Methford, OR
    Posts
    290
    Dave was there when I did my plugs... he knows what its all about.. SMALL HANDS... smell like cabbage, you know CARNIES
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

  16. #1935
    Registered User carrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Medford, the final frontier
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
    Dave was there when I did my plugs... he knows what its all about.. SMALL HANDS... smell like cabbage, you know CARNIES

    I remember watching your car belch fire when they wire wired wrong..... BTW, nice OBS you have there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •