The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 128

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well... no DHM for any of my scoobys, or anything else for that matter. I know dave is going to ...

Well... no DHM for any of my scoobys, or anything else for that matter. I know dave is going to say that this was one incident and that he's usually good. BUT Wade is one of the nicest guys out there and all he had to do was be honest. Dishonest auto mechanic hmmm too cliche
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Speaking of your subies, I saw your WRX at the Oak Tree last night. Looked good, but it looked like the exhaust was different. And I don't think it was Zach behind the wheel. Did he sell it?

I Support ClubWRX
    What the hell Wade, clutch is a friggen major expense man! Supposedly Subaru has a bulletin out on these MOST aftermarket manufacturers have pulled the clutches for the WRX off the shelf. The only thing I have available is a factory clutch, I could have it Monday morning. Here is the prices and parts list

Clutch Cover (pressure plate) $115.93
    Clutch Disk $94.35
    Throw Out Bearring $102.20
    8 throw away bolts $1.16 ea.

They said something about gaskets too, so Im guessing I will need to order or get you a new DP gasket. Total of $321.76 plus the DP gasket if you need it, also freight of no more than 15 bucks. That is all factory parts I cant find you anything else, I guess it sounds like Subaru is having a hell of a time with these clutches.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Clutch Cover (pressure plate) $115.93
    Clutch Disk $94.35
    Throw Out Bearring $102.20
    8 throw away bolts $1.16 ea.

They said something about gaskets too, so Im guessing I will need to order or get you a new DP gasket. Total of $321.76 plus the DP gasket if you need it, also freight of no more than 15 bucks. That is all factory parts I cant find you anything else, I guess it sounds like Subaru is having a hell of a time with these clutches.
    Do you think there is really a difference in the clutch disk? I figured they were all pretty much the same.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nope the clutch disk isnt the issue. The pressure plate I think is the problem. I think the reason I can't buy an aftermarket clutch kit is because the pressure plates in them are garbage and that is the problem you are having. I am sure we can just order up the pressure plate and new throw out bearring and the new bolts and be good to go. Just use the clutch disk you have in there right now, unless it is causing the clutch disk to rub on the flywheel, then we are going to have even more issues

Yeah, I think the clutch disc is probably fine. I'm not sure why they would need to pull the DP off, but they do have to remove the intercooler, which requires pulling off the bypass valve. There is a gasket on that, but I actually replaced it not too long ago so it's all good. Think maybe that's what they were talking about?

I was under the impression that most of the aftermarket clutch vendors all use the same discs (at least the organic OEM types), and there are only really 1 or 2 companies that actually manufacture them (like Daikin).

So the real question here is, is it worth saving $95 by re-using the clutch disc, with the possibility of having to do this all over again if it doesn't work out. You have the expertise in this arena, my friend, so whatever you think I should do, just say the word.

Hey Bo, can you check the part number on the clutch cover? Is it 30210AA570?

The list of parts for the "revised" 2002 clutch is at the bottom of this TSB:

I already got the revised flywheel, DHM installed that with the SPEC clutch.
    Last edited by Wade-0; 12-15-2006 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Speaking of your subies, I saw your WRX at the Oak Tree last night. Looked good, but it looked like the exhaust was different. And I don't think it was Zach behind the wheel. Did he sell it?
    He still has it, Robin drives it more than he does though. Last I checked he didn't change the exhaust(its was probably just really dirty) However he does have all my stock parts so if he wanted he could have put that back on. Who knows.

I saw it the other day, almost brought a tear to my eye. It was a sexy beast.

I could have sworn it was a single tip, like a 4" or so. I thought you had a dual tip on it? I asked Gary if Zach had just been there and he said he hasn't seen him for months.

I Support ClubWRX
    I could have sworn it was a single tip, like a 4" or so. I thought you had a dual tip on it? I asked Gary if Zach had just been there and he said he hasn't seen him for months.
    Uh... You didnt happen to make sure the clutch master cylinder had fluid in it or bleed it did you?? Especially after replacing the clutch AND flywheel..

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Uh... You didnt happen to make sure the clutch master cylinder had fluid in it or bleed it did you?? Especially after replacing the clutch AND flywheel..
    First thing I did when I got it home. Dave said he bled it a few times too. I had him replace the hose with a stainless one, so that was my first thought too.

I Support ClubWRX
    I figured you had checked it, sometimes brain farts happen tho I totally spaced it but I am off on monday, if you need me for anything just call me I live like 2 min away, and my fiance' (I hate that f'in word) works in the office (by the parts department)and she can get ahold of me no problem
    <--- that is her in the pic, her name is Sam.

Anyone know of any killer products to get the disgusting cigarette smell outta my car?

Anyone know of any killer products to get the disgusting cigarette smell outta my car?
    Semen

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
    Semen
    Anyone know of a killer product to get these nasty yellow stains outta my upholstry?