The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 125
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Marty- I may be interested in those rotas if I can get rid of my stockers....

Marty- I may be interested in those rotas if I can get rid of my stockers.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY View Post
    sssssooooo has anyone done a clutch----i think ours is about done....when we put the new motor in i took a look at the clutch and between the "spirited' drivinng that me, Amber and Bobo had done, she was kinda fried. Just another thing to add to the list of stuff to do with tax returns---thankfully with having a kid this year we should get a killer return
    I have done a clutch on one. It is pretty simple actually.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Bobo does lithia have a mini dealer yet? --i need a price for a rightside tail light on an 05 mini S.---holla----hell quit ****in around and just buy another suby will ya!
    Nope we dont, I will get you a price on one tho from Rasmussen... We just bought a Porsche dealership!!.. I wonder what employee price is on a Cayman S

I need the last 7 of the VIN # to be sure to get the right one there is a production date break 07/04 quote 45254 $75.02 plus a little freight! (that is worst case, the other was a couple bucks cheaper)
    Last edited by T0rque; 12-04-2006 at 09:15 AM.

sssssooooo has anyone done a clutch----i think ours is about done....when we put the new motor in i took a look at the clutch and between the "spirited' drivinng that me, Amber and Bobo had done, she was kinda fried. Just another thing to add to the list of stuff to do with tax returns---thankfully with having a kid this year we should get a killer return
    Mine is currently between clutch jobs. I say this because I just took it to DHM to have the clutch done, and now I can't get it into gear with the engine running. Turn the engine off, it drops right into gear. I don't think it's releasing completely. I supplied the parts (ordered off the net) and the mechanic suspected a faulty pressure plate. Since it was a fairly cheap clutch kit (Spec stage 1) and I know nothing about clutches, I'm inclined to side with him, but it really sucks, because now I probably have to buy another one. I'm thinking I'll just go with an OEM replacement. Anyone have any advice on what to expect from the mechanic? Should I expect any kind of price break on the labor, or do you think it will cost me the full meal deal again?

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like the part number you got was not for the right car (not that you ordered it wrong, they may have miss boxed it). I have very seldom see a bad clutch part. Either the part is wrong, or the "mechanic" messed it up on install. The only time I have ever seen the car not go into gear correctly when the car was running was the customer supplied us with a clutch for a hydraulic clutch and they had a cable actuated clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Sounds like the part number you got was not for the right car (not that you ordered it wrong, they may have miss boxed it). I have very seldom see a bad clutch part. Either the part is wrong, or the "mechanic" messed it up on install. The only time I have ever seen the car not go into gear correctly when the car was running was the customer supplied us with a clutch for a hydraulic clutch and they had a cable actuated clutch.
    Yeah, the pressure plate looked basically the same as the the OEM clutch. He complained that he had difficulty getting the release bearing to seat during reassembly. I'm thinking he might have damaged the fingers, but it's impossible to tell at this point without pulling the tranny off again. I just want my car back ASAP, so I'm thinking at this point the easiest solution is to have him order a new pressure plate/cover from SOSVM and use the clutch disk/bearings that I already supplied. If we have to deal with replacement of the one I supplied, either because it was packaged incorrectly or because he messed it up, it's going to be a week or more while I wait for parts to ship.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea no use in waitting, you want to get me your vin# I can get you a price on a subaru pressure plate

I'm going to just let DHM deal with it. I told him to go ahead and get the parts ordered so he has them on hand, then replace whatever needs to be replaced when he pulls it apart, and return the parts he didn't use. That way if he determines that he screwed up the install, I don't have to deal with it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry dude, but him admitting he screwed it up.. Isnt going to happen. He is already telling you it is a bad pressure plate. He more than likely doesnt have the throw out bearring (release bearring) installed right and it bent the hell out of the pressure plate. Sorry dude, good luck tho on getting it back working good again!

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and we'll see what the pressure plate looks like when it's all said and done. If he wants to tell me lies, then that's just going to cost him business, because you know I'll let everyone on every board I'm on know about it At this point, I'll assume he's an honest guy and go with the flow. Another pressure plate isn't going to break the bank, but paying for the labor might...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea thats what I would be pissed about is the labor. The pressure plate isnt much. I hope he is telling it to you straight, you know just as much as I do if it is a bad part. I hope he just doesnt think your some guy who he can BS around.

He's already put in double, if not triple the time he billed me for. He even came in on a saturday to work on it. So far he's been a stand up guy. He knows Dave (Carrman) too, I guess they have some history. I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes.

Just another thing to add to the list of stuff to do with tax returns---thankfully with having a kid this year we should get a killer return
    Isn't that for the, *ahem* kid?
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Hey guys, I'm new here and from Medford.

Anyways, I was waiting for the light at "the Big X" (see here) and a WRB STi drove past going northbound on Crater Lake Highway. It sounded good, who's is it?
    Last edited by yeliwmots; 12-05-2006 at 07:51 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did it have the STi Wing and black wheels, or wrx wing and silver wheels?

I dont know of any other Blue STi's with exhaust in the valley. The wrx wing and silver wheels is Cade's. The others is a HS kids car (atleast he was in HS last year)

How is the car Wade? I talk to the guy all the time he buys a lot of parts from us and exclusively us when he works on Honda's. I would of had him work on my SUBY over anybody here in town if I didnt know how to do it.

ON another note guys, I can get parts pretty much for anything cheaper than most places, aftermarket or factory. That includes performance parts and wheels and tires so before ordering anything, give me a shot

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.