The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 121

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Dallas, does the child seat work very well in the WRX? Does anyone know if the 06 WRX/STI's are any ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Dallas, does the child seat work very well in the WRX? Does anyone know if the 06 WRX/STI's are any bigger than the 05's?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    For those of you who don't know.... I lost a friend riding on Saturday. I know you all like to rip up the mountain roads just like we do on our bikes so please be safe doing so. Drive within your limits and keep it in your lane.

Troy
    Holy crap, anyone I know? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Holy crap, anyone I know? What happened?
    No one you know, just a friend of mine from G.P. Long story short is he went into a corner too hot, drifted wide and met a dump truck.... He lost... it was a very sad deal, he was only 19.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    No one you know, just a friend of mine from G.P. Long story short is he went into a corner too hot, drifted wide and met a dump truck....

child seat

the rear facing seat that they kinda lay down in and you have to use while they are infants and toddlers fits like crap, you have to tilt the front seats kinda forward so that it fits.....its not like im really tall and have the seat back that far either. once you go to the front facing seats i dont think it would really be an issue. We want to get her the recaro car set thats adjustable untill the dont have to use a seat....that thing would be bad......if you though that the wrx or sti was a family car think again, the back seat is just to small getting a kid and car seat in and out all the time sucks ass. Its actually easier in the Integra, even with the recaro race seats to get her in and out....if we trade in the rex i dont know if we would get another, now that we are pretty much starting a family wether we like it or not.

I Support ClubWRX
    So I am actually more leaning towards the Legacy than the WRX, for her car, but I still want something fun so I thought maybe the STi would pass good enough to put the child seat in, but I sit all the way back with the back seat reclined a little... BUT performance/fun how much difference is there really between the STi and the Legacy B Spec?

Not too much difference. You just get a more refined car with the Spec B.

I Support ClubWRX
    hmm so maybe the legacy special addition and a legacy spec b is in my garages future

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    hmm so maybe the legacy special addition and a legacy spec b is in my garages future
    Ya gotta love that!

I Support ClubWRX
    hah yup yup.. So what has everyone else been up to, where has marty been?? What about wade hows wade? Troy, sorry about your friend man, things always happen for a reason, keep your head up and stay strong about it. Congrats on the bike by the way looks like your having fun with it.

So why all the thought on the need for room in the back seat ? is there little bobos on the way.............If so i feel sorry for you--man i havent slept in eight months--i think im loosing my mind , anyway if i were to chose another "family" car, i dont know that i would go with another car, i think i would go with an SUV. When you have kids you start to look at vehicles a little different. You have to think about Safety #1 then think about getting a kid in and out of a car multiple times, when a kid, car seat and other crap that weighs 20 plus pounds.You really need room for all the other crap that goes with taking a kid places. I know that it doesnt sound like alot, but when you havent slept through the night in eight months, trust me it will. while i love cars as much as the next, we bought the rex with the idea that it would be the "perfect" family car, but like i said its a ***** getting the kid in and out, plus when you try to go anywhere the trunk is damb near full of kid crap and there is no room for groceries, and other crap.......I could go on and on but she finally went to sleep, so peace out!!!

----oh if anyone is thinking about or has a wife/girlfriend with notions of how great it is to have kids and how they or you want to start a family, just let me know and you can borrow mine for a few nights, trust me it'll change your mind.----oh she's real cute and sweet you know you want to watch her-please-please -anyone-please

I Support ClubWRX
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dude get some sleep everything will be good in the morning!!!

So heres the thing tho, when your soon to be wife is only 4'11 3/4" and maybe 110 lbs soaking wet, lifting the 20+lbs into an suv is going to be a challenge in itself. The Honda Element has some extremely cool kid friendly features like... Open doors and hatch and spray the biotch out with a hose... But the back seats have such huge amounts of leg room, it would be tough to help the baby with anything if they need it while driving, plus the way the seats are configured it would be tough to get one in and out. Who knows, I am not YET a future dad, but it will happen pretty soon, weird how your views on things change when you are in a loving relationship.

Any way hows the new job going Dallas? I am DYING to get out of the dealership.. They promise a lot but never deliver.. Where are you working at now??

the new job is cool so far, a totally different change of pace. as for the element, i like to think of my self as a honda guy to the core- i hate the element, not only is it ugly but its also a dog. I dont know if they changed it or not but last time i looked at an element you have to open the front door to let someone out of the back doors if you seat belt is on----talk about a design oversight. but i do like the semi water proof interior.

now for the serious stuff: MAN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you just got a free pass out of the last one, to go and screw this one up with chitlen

I Support ClubWRX
    ??? No No No dude, she isnt pregnant I said I was looking at new cars that were safe and nice and new now so that we can get ourselves situated around the payment and all for the next year or two before we have the kids.. I am deffinately not running into a brick wall already poppin out a kid!!! Oh and by the way, I didnt get a free pass, I got Rammed with no lube and a restraining order

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Oh and by the way, I didnt get a free pass, I got Rammed with no lube and a restraining order
    Coulda been worse... saw this show last night, dude got WORKED OVER by his ex:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in693298.shtml