The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 118

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Wade-0 Oh man, I have a feeling this isn't going to be good. He actually got really ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Oh man, I have a feeling this isn't going to be good.
    He actually got really lucky, but i'll let him tell the story when he gets a chance
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I got home from my haircut to find the answering machine and the cell phone going ape with masseages. Seems someone saw it abandoned up the north leg of Lone PPIne, and located one of my business cards, and called my employer. One of my co-workers went to the scene so the car wouldn't get towed. She came and picked me up when I got home, and to me to the car. They took my Alpine deck, my home made subwoofer box, and my cd collection. Dash wasn't torn up at all, they left the amp, and door speakers in place. Took my spare key and fired it up, and drove home! No other damage. I got lucky. Now I have to see about new remotes and new locks as they key and remote were no where to be found.

So you left your keys in the car? And how did they get into your garage? Did you leave your house keys in the garage door too?

So you left your keys in the car? And how did they get into your garage? Did you leave your house keys in the garage door too?
    No, I have my house keys on a seperate ring in my pocket. My garage has a door opener, so I'm not sure how they got into it. Yes it was dumb I left them in there, and yes I got lucky I admit. The alarm gets set in the garage now....

everything is back to normal on my wagon now. except for my clutch whic will be taken car of when i have the funds and time to deal with it. finally. i also got all my exaust peices installed i will never **** with a uppipe install again. that was the most pain in the ass job i have ever dealt with. and the stupidest once i got the stock up pipe out. it took from 2 in the afternoon to 11 at night.
    '02 silver wagon injen intake, hks carbon ti catback, hks uppipe, downpipe, hks ssqv, hks turbo timer.

Man you dont even know how easy it is to get past garage door openers. I was a repossesion agent for a few years before i worked for Lithia.........oh the stories i could tell, anyway You can make a code scanner from crap a radio shack. At least you got lucky and they only jacked the stuff they did and didnt break anything. i would call a lock smith and have all the locks in the car rekeyed along with getting new transmitters and having them recoded. It may be a pain in the ass but one of the things that slowed us down was if the door lock and the ignition switch were different keys, cause if for some reason they got a copy of one they still need the other to take the car. I have a ton of other ideas that i wont mention online to help....half of which i have on both our cars. Ive acually forgot that i did something to the car and couldnt remember or figure out why the damn car wouldnt start

Lance you need to ge the Access port on that they before you burn somthing up, not to mention call Kelly and have him the the resurculation kit for your bov.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage
    everything is back to normal on my wagon now. except for my clutch whic will be taken car of when i have the funds and time to deal with it. finally. i also got all my exaust peices installed i will never **** with a uppipe install again. that was the most pain in the ass job i have ever dealt with. and the stupidest once i got the stock up pipe out. it took from 2 in the afternoon to 11 at night.
    Took me 2 days the first time I did it. I could probably do it in around 3 hours now. Depends on how many beer breaks I take Clutch is on my To-Do list too, along with struts. wagons suck for suspension though, selection is pretty limited. I'm prolly going with KYB GR2, should be fine for me. I'd love to go Koni, but they're damn expensive.

I see you and/or your car all the time down in front of the Vinyl when I'm hanging out in the alley behind my office with all my nicotine fiending coworkers. One of these days I'll come down and say hi, if you don't first

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY
    Man you dont even know how easy it is to get past garage door openers. I was a repossesion agent for a few years before i worked for Lithia.........oh the stories i could tell, anyway You can make a code scanner from crap a radio shack. At least you got lucky and they only jacked the stuff they did and didnt break anything. i would call a lock smith and have all the locks in the car rekeyed along with getting new transmitters and having them recoded. It may be a pain in the ass but one of the things that slowed us down was if the door lock and the ignition switch were different keys, cause if for some reason they got a copy of one they still need the other to take the car. I have a ton of other ideas that i wont mention online to help....half of which i have on both our cars. Ive acually forgot that i did something to the car and couldnt remember or figure out why the damn car wouldnt start
    I have the Security+ garage door opener that uses a new code every time you push the button. Are those easy to get around too, or does it actually work?

Quote Originally Posted by carrman
    No, I have my house keys on a seperate ring in my pocket. My garage has a door opener, so I'm not sure how they got into it. Yes it was dumb I left them in there, and yes I got lucky I admit. The alarm gets set in the garage now....
    The more I think about it, the more it seems to me they knew your keys would be in the car, and they knew you had an aftermarket sound system. How many people knew that about you?

I have the Security+ garage door opener that uses a new code every time you push the button. Are those easy to get around too, or does it actually work?

ya you can still get around them, because they only roll a certain amount of codes. There are tool suppliers that specialize in auto repossesion equiptment, it doesnt take a whole lot of b.s. to be able to buy stuff from them. They make a tool called the ez opener --i think, it runs through like a million codes in 30 seconds or some crazy crap like that.....so you see how easy it is to open a garage door. My suggestion is to put some type of lock on your garage
    door that is electric and you can activate by a switch next to the garage door opener in your garage. That way if someone trys to open the door, it wont open cause its still locked. There is a ton of different ways you could go about it, just get creative..............and buy a wicked ass car alarm, ya know one that shoots flames and ****!!!!.......i think we would have fewer car thieves

The more I think about it, the more it seems to me they knew your keys would be in the car, and they knew you had an aftermarket sound system. How many people knew that about you?

Hell if someone wants to jack the integra out of the garage i always forget the keys ......just come and get it!!

My theft deterrent:

My garage door squeeks like a mofo, and my bedroom is directly above it. I pity the foo I catch in my garage!

I'm an idiot.

got pulled over in downtown medford last night. street racing. wow i thought i was above that. my friend and i had 45 minutes to kill so we went to go play with some ricers. looks like i got tokyo OWNED by an undercover Taurus. i got a little lost, made an illegal u-turn on an empty street, backonto a main one and kinda raced a mustang GT with loud exhaust. he was quick but i was quicker, went really stupid fast, changing lanes, etc. wasnt really a race i was just driving like i hadnt driven a turbo in a while (i hadnt).
    instead of getting exhibition of speed, speed contest, speeding or anythign else, the nice officer gave me careless and a citation for not carrying an up to date ins. card. this blows. this is like 3 1/2 seconds after i said to my friend, "were gonna get pulled over driving ike this." then i saw the lights.

and what sucks even more is now i cant afford sway bars for my bimmer. and this is after a few months of not driving fast on main roads....i have pretty much camped out on dead indian.

anybody know the rule on this hitting my insurance? i thought it woudl no matter what, but my buddy tells me if its six months or more since your last one, youre okay? my last ticket was a non-moving violation last month, and real ticket was a year ago.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

That kind of **** does nothing but encourage cops to pull people with imports over more!!!!!!, but i was young and dumb once too so i wont preach at you to much. as for the insurance thing it depends on your carrier and how many points you already have on your record. Hell at one time i couldnt drive for like a year because of my driving record. Im glad that i dont have to pay for the careless ticket you got

---remember just cause some d bag in some **** box thinks hes cool doesnt mean you gotta lay the smack down......just smile and let him get the ticket