Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Southern Oregon Thread

195K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  rally02wrx 
#1 ·
Any ideas?

:cool:

(I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my ass of at the medfordtuners.com web site.)

I am actually still laughing..

still..

okay..

I'm done now.

#2 · (Edited)
medfordtuners :rotfl:

Wait, I shouldn't be laughing, my buddy just found somebody on there to buy my ka24de motor (SR20DET coming soon) out of the 240.

We should definitely have a meet soon. If anybody wants a CEL fix like the one here http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98891 I'll do it for free as I now have a few extra resistors. I've also got the cheap homemade mechanical rear o2 fix.

#3 ·
I am going up/down/tbe in the next month or two. I will most likely need the cel fix.

A meet sounds good, when I get all the parts in I am most likely going to need some assistance.

I am thinking ERZ up/down, Not sure on the cat back yet at this time.

Anybody know what catback mates good with the erz down?

Ahhh, its supposed to rain the next few days. The good news is, I am not going to the coast now, Hurahh!

What exhaust did you put on there 240?

Good luck in selling that engine.

I laughed my ass off on medfordtuners. I don't think I have laughed that hard in ages.

#4 ·
I've got the Espelir JGT500. I bought it used from Oh For Rex on this board. It sounds, for lack of a better term, wicked awesome. Now total I've got a Visnu uppipe (used $100), Helix downpipe (bought new but from somebody on this board $230), and the catback (used $320).

When you buy your exhaust parts shoot me a PM and I'll drive the two blocks and help with the install. It's pretty simple once you've done it once or twice.

#5 ·
I got banned from that websites messageboards because I made fun of their women and their cars. I asked why the hell are there people at medfordtuners that drive Lincoln Town Cars and Toyota pickup trucks. I also made a mention that one of the girls that showed her pics was surprisingly not hideous. We should crash one of their meets at the Dawg Stop :rotfl:

#6 ·
I was in medford today and a dude in his blue eclipse (N/A) revved his motor. I looked over and he shook his head and gave me the "my car is faster/I'm an icey hot stunta" look. We started pointing and laughing. He was rolling pretty hard, mean muggin it, until his girlfriend in the passenger seat started laughing too. :rotfl:

#8 ·
My car looks stock but doesn't sound stock anymore. In fact, I think most people are kind of confused when they see it. Well, that and the way I drive. I went and ate some pizza with a few of the Performance Under Pressure guys and a couple of other people tonight. We all decided to caravan out to Rogue River Highway to look at a turbo Trans Am (rare). So basically the line up consisted of my WRX wagon, two turbo Legacys, a Buick Regal T-Type, a Civic, and a Datsun 510 tearing it up and sliding corners through town. It was fun. Then we went back and a crazy guy told me all about how he's a cryptologist with spinal cancer that used to work for the ISBN and proceeded to tie numbers together to explain everything from that tsunami to 911 to George W. Bush to social security to the bible to Kennedy. The guy was really intelligent and his whole speal was really trippy. Then again I like listening to that kind of stuff.

#9 ·
so I see 5 meet ideas for the future.

One, Crash the medford ricer...err..tuners meet up.

two, big install when I get my parts ordered (waiting on tax return money)

three, track down the poor poor kid in the blue n/a eclipse, and scare him.

four, watch Rich..(myself), race Biggs, because we both drive like grandmas.

five, Drink...and drink heavily.

#10 ·
yeah somebody should keep an eye out for those medford meets. i do know from my ricer buddies that every friday and maybe saturday they meet down by RCC and like we all know, drive a 5 block radius until the engines combust or they get pulled over. i went one time while it was raining and this chick kept telling me to use the e-brake to slide around and that it was fun, and when i told her i wasnt FF and i could just gas it to get it to step out she had no idea what iwas talking about..

#11 ·
rally02wrx said:
yeah somebody should keep an eye out for those medford meets. i do know from my ricer buddies that every friday and maybe saturday they meet down by RCC and like we all know, drive a 5 block radius until the engines combust or they get pulled over. i went one time while it was raining and this chick kept telling me to use the e-brake to slide around and that it was fun, and when i told her i wasnt FF and i could just gas it to get it to step out she had no idea what iwas talking about..
Thats not RCC Road anymore.........Its RICER ALLEY heheheh. Im with you guys, I used to be a honda guy and still am at heart but when that whole website was brought up to make fun of me and my car.....I got a little pissed. (I had the white 02 si with a carbon hood and MUGEN Flag down the side)

#12 ·
well from what i saw your hondas arent rice like the other guys in medford...im talking neons with major hood scoops and l.e.d. windshield wipers, and cavaliers with chopped springs and underglow in its 3 hoods scoops...
i think it would be funny to have a bunch of wrxs tear it up over there, and see what happens....street racing however is retarded in medford, (well in general i guess, but..) there the cops know whats up and its easy to get pulled in such a public place; but they dont really race i guess they just look at their sick paint and mad body kits so its not a big problem...

#13 ·
We will have to crash one of their little meet ups. It would be entertaining to say the least. When and where do they usually meet up? I am not sure where RCC is. Im guessing its the community college of redwood highway? Or is it some place in Medford? Eh...

Anybody's place of business hiring?

--Rich

#14 ·
They mean RCC Medford campus. If you guys really want to go I could find out when they meet up and everything.

Oh by the way, I just test drove an STI again about half an hour ago. What a great way to make your car feel slow. The temptation is strong to trade my car in. I've got an appointment on Friday to see how much my car is worth to them.

#15 ·
yeah i bet its tempting...did you get anythign in the mail from subaru last month? they sent somehting about a guaranteed trade-in value or something, i bought mine in 2002 though...when i drove my buddy's STi i was amazed at the torque down low- that would be tempting but depending on your situation it could be cheaper to do something like a turbo-back, a simple Vf-34or 22 with injectors and fuel pump..yadda yadda yadda...
but if its not too much money go for the STi you'll have a beefy gearbox and ubertorque...
the RCC i meant was by a blue RCC sign off jackson i think...before the nissan/bmw dealer, and they always drive aorund liek a 4-block radius allllllll night but most end up in that one little alley...

#17 ·
I thought about it for a while, and realistically I want to pay off a lot more of the wagon before I trade it in. I'm thinking in a year or two. Then with the trade in and a fat down payment, I could get much lower payments than I'm doing now. Oh, but that tranny feels so good. When I first drove an STI, I hadn't learned to drive a Subaru yet, having only driven two WRX's. Now that I've altered my driving style it was so much more fun to drive one. The salesman was cool about it too. Told me to drive it like it was my own, just like the last one did. He didn't bust out any powerslides, though. That guy was crazy. I did play around with the DCCD and launching. Think about that when you buy your brand new STI and baby it through the break-in period.

#18 ·
The guy I test drove with was a fricken nut case!!! He took me out in Navigators Landing and went 100 down the straight stretch towards the 90, then just to get better gearring he down shifted and basically powerslid around the corner damn near tagging the curb right before the car caught grip and launched us straight ahead again....I swear to god we were about a half inch from the curb and doing at least 80 around the corner...........
All said and done he busts a line from Bad Boys 2........WHHOOOOOOOOO THAT ONE PUCKERED UP MY BUTTHOLE

#19 ·
Hey, we should all meet up this weekend. Bo might have some parts to install too. I talked to Troy last night and he suggested getting together this weekend. The sun has been out, it might be perfect weather for a cruise.

Do either of you guys remember the name of the salesman that you were dealing with? I know Joel and Jon pretty well.

#20 ·
Wade-0 said:
Do either of you guys remember the name of the salesman that you were dealing with? I know Joel and Jon pretty well.
I think the first time I test drove an STI last year around June or so the salesman's name was Joel. He waited till we got around the corner and the car was warmed up, then a couple of 4 wheel drifts/powerslides. He was telling me how they all got sent to a three day performance driving school in Cali.

I think the salesman a couple days ago was named Seth.

LPPTundWRX - I keep reading your avatar where it say "Mugen spec" EP3. I'm kind of interested, what all did you have done to it?

#22 ·
My 02 Civic Si went as follows:

K24A1 Block and Internals
K20A2 Head with ITR cams
DC Race Header
AEM CAI
AEM SRI
CTR Valve cover
CTR Engine cover
CTR Spark plug covers
MSD Ignition Coils
Nology wires
Mugen Aluminum lower control arms
DC Sports titanium upper strut brace
Mugen rear strut brace
Neuspeed X Brace
Mugen Head Gasket
Mugen Tstat and Rad cap
CTR Rear sway Bar
CTR Rear Hatch Spoiler
Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood
CTR Front Headlamps
CTR Rear Taillamps
Invidia Cat Back-Mugen Mid Pipe
Mugen Flag Decals (strip down the side of the body)
CTR Guage Cluster
Hondata K Pro
Honda Intake Manifold Gasket
Spoon Throttle Body 70mm
17"x7" Racing Hart Evolutions CP??

I think that was it...I cant remember anything else off the top of my head. I didnt get around to getting a 6 speed tranny out of the type r's, and I never got around to getting the 5 lug. But I had ordered the front and rear Japanese bumpers with CTR Front Lip Rear Lip and Side skirts but had to cancel because of all the problems I was having. So I traded it in for my WRX

#23 ·
Did you have to go through all the BS of going to the dealer and having them reprogram the security code? I've heard that's a PITA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.