The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 116
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by cabbage what resistor do i need to block the evc? also anyone know where to get hks ...

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage
    what resistor do i need to block the evc? also anyone know where to get hks dp gaskets? by the way hks"s carbon ti sounds sick. will be better when i get the rest of the piping in.
    Regular subaru downpipe gaskets are fine, should have them at the dealership, or you can order online. 2.2K ohm 1/4 watt resister, I believe. Just do a search for 2.2k and you should find the info, you can get them at radio shack.

(It's EGT)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanks. the gaskets that i got from subaru don't seem to be the ones that will fit. one is too small and the other is oval shaped. the guy at subaru did not seem like he knew what i was looking for. he tried to give me a donut gasket and a tiny gasket then took my vin and looked up parts that way and still did not get it right.

what size is the bolt to cover the hole for the sensor?
    '02 silver wagon injen intake, hks carbon ti catback, hks uppipe, downpipe, hks ssqv, hks turbo timer.

cabbage- which silver subaru wrx sedan? bugeye or blobeye?
    the bugeye is me, the blobeye is a kid who went to my HS. He's running stg 4 or something, i think a 16G...and Nos. But like i predicted, its broken now..
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage
    what resistor do i need to block the evc? also anyone know where to get hks dp gaskets? by the way hks"s carbon ti sounds sick. will be better when i get the rest of the piping in.

- i used a 2.2k 1/2 watt 5% tolerance resistor---give me a call if you need one still---i found the spares that i had in my toolbox at work

thanks i'll call you when i get back in town. that siver sedan is a bugeye i think ive only seen it once heard it twice.
    '02 silver wagon injen intake, hks carbon ti catback, hks uppipe, downpipe, hks ssqv, hks turbo timer.

Anyone else planning on a visit to the drag strip tonight? I will most likely be out there.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

yeah... lots of peopel hear me more than see me.
    catless, open downpipe.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

The only three or four times I've seen your car in town... well, let's just say... you weren't driving.

btw, I've still got that steering wheel so your bro doesn't have another hissy fit. if you don't have my #, its 5413801373.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

haha he can be a hissy-fitter. who was driving? maybe him. i've seen you a few tiems at weird angles, couldnt say hello. i ahve my own car now so i drive the subie less and less. my car got pwned by a track day yesterday, ended up drifting my brother 325is alllllll day. most fun drifting the kart track for free. the coordinators werent too pleased when we drifted but boy was it fun...

Anyone familiar with the folks on Merry Lane in White City who are rebuilding wrecked Subies and selling them?

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    who was driving?
    I think I've seen both of your parents driving it... one time it was funny in the rite-aid parking lot, whoever was driving was just rolling around, trying to be as quiet as possible.
    So how's that rally project? I still haven't washed my car since winter , so I'm up for kickin' up some dust whenever I'm not at work.

I need to get out to the autox track... it was open today, right? So what are the hours, prices, etc? Do they have a website?
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

i was there at a mr2 meet, invited by the club operator's daughter. no wait time, and free for me! i have no rally project as of now, i have a new bmw i am nursing back to health... ill give you a call soon for that pedal setup if you have it...

my boost has been weird lately, for a whieli had no issues hitting 16 consistently and spikign to 17 often, now with the cold aiur i am getting less? doesnt seem right to me... oh well i also have an UP leak that is back, i think the gasket finally gave out, it hisses at me whenever its not hot...
    cheers

soory i havent been abel to get a hold of you for the resistor lots of stuff going on right now. my car is ****en up right now. blew a radiator hose now the whole cooling system is weird i dont know if you talked to kelly but my car was smoking like a ***** this weekend. my clutch is also going out and i still havent worked on my uppipe yet. I will try give you a call this weekend hopefully. by the way does any one know who does good cluch work around here. subaru estimated me a little over a grand to replace my clutch. and hewitts quoted 900 for an act clutch installed. if i can find a place that will do it for like 4-5 hundred if i buy the thing on my own that would be great.

Ya kelly called me and told me about the smoking issue. what color is the smoke? white or blue? how bad did it over heat? when it over heated and you topped it off with coolant did you check the coolant resevoir for the turbo? are you low on oil ? has it been using oil? is it using or loosing coolant? as for the clutch the last place i would take it would be jewitts, those retards cant even do the simplest little things to a Honda.......ask Cade what they did with the bov on his sti if you take it anywhere and pay an ass load, take it to the dealer, at least you know that it will get done right. Oh the reason for all the questions is : if you overheated it really bad and its white smoke, then you may have lost a head gasket or cracked a head or a jacket in the block...............now if its blue then its oil and that could be a lot of different things.Is there a lack in power?, is it missing or feel like the motor is laboring to run or excelerate? I would try to figure out what it is asap....in my experience if you let this kind of crap go on for to long you end up with a ton more problems along with other possible damage.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.