The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 114

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Legacy GT spec B?...

Legacy GT spec B?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mmmmm................yummy daddy liky, more important so does the wife. Shes gonna call subaru tomarrow to find out how much and when we can get one. Nice they even come in white........like the last four cars we've had were white I was just thinking that these STIs will probably hold thier value better than the the regular version, being as they are only making a limited amount. The integra type r was a limited run car and the resale value only dropped like a few grand in 6 or 7 years..........im diggin the no spoiler and lip action.

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY

------------oh by the way if anyone wants the shortblock, it may still be good for a nasty build, the first person with 50 bucks and a truck gets it, email me or call me--Dallas 890-2507
    I know a guy who is looking for this motor to put into a sandrail.... I'll give him a call and see if hes interested in doing the rebuild. If so, I'll call you
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

thanx man i just need to get it out of the garage, at one point in time i had a freakin ton of Honda crap in my garage and now im starting to acumulate Subaru crap. I talked to the guy who is buying all the exhaust from our car last weekend, his name is lance. he lives in Ashland and drives a 03 wagon. We got to talking and hes in need of guidance as far as his mods are concerned. Hopefully well start posting on the site. I told him to ditch the bov and injen intake, but he got rid of his stock stuff. So if anyone has a stock bov and intake box let me know. Whats a reasonable price to ask for the access port? if nobody local wants or needs it then im going throw in on ebay.

oh ya i almost forgot, i called Subaru to find out more info on the limited version of the Sti. they dont have pricing yet so they cant really give me any details on it yet, but they still have that white 06 sti that they said "we could probably give you a killer deal on that sti because its our last 06" the wife was really eyeballin the thing when we picked up the rex.

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY
    I talked to the guy who is buying all the exhaust from our car last weekend, his name is lance. he lives in Ashland and drives a 03 wagon. We got to talking and hes in need of guidance as far as his mods are concerned.
    What color? Silver? Get him to post on here.

Im not sure what color when he calls me to get the exhaust i findout what color and have him post. He said that he was on here, but couldnt remember his password.

i dont understand that limited edition STi, its has 293 hp? why cant they just re-do teh ecu, remove a cat or two and throw on a larger turbo?
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    i dont understand that limited edition STi, its has 293 hp? why cant they just re-do teh ecu, remove a cat or two and throw on a larger turbo?
    It has the same power as the STI always has, they are just using a new rating system that is a little lower.

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx

no they wouldnt do that, because if they did it might cause a #4 rod bearing failure

god im dying to know how much and when we can get one, im just concerned about something crapping out on the rex. hopefully i dont have any issues trading the rex in.

need advise

So me and the wife were talking and we are thinking about keeping the rex.What it comes right down to is that we just like our car( the new body style is fugly as hell to me) we were happy with the performace of the car, im just concerned with longevity of the rest of the drivetrain.if we do trade in for a new sti limited, we'll probably be looking at a 550 dollar a month car payment ( that is going to seriously cut into Dallas' budget to build another car) So we were thinking that it seems like this was kind of a freak issue that we had and instead of blowing a ton of money in payments over the next 5 years, we might as well just mod the car like we want and hope for the best. If we keep the rex she still wants mods, cause the thing is just boring as hell compared to what it was before. So with that in mind we still have the access port, hks dp, hks turboback and uppipe. I was thinking that this time we would go with a bellmouth dp and maybe a different uppipe. get all the exhaust stuff put back on the take it up to pdx and get it tuned. I guess that i need advise on what uppipe and what bellmouth to go with. is there anything else that we should be looking at getting to help with longevity, reliability, power, response and drivability? Also i know that the wrx is known to have issues with trans problems, does anyone know the parts required to do the sti swap?, oh does anyone have first hand experience with doing a clutch r&r on a rex? When they had the thing tore down at the dealer it was about 1/2 way down, so that maybe something we'll be looking at too, any suggestions? Help me out guys, for some crazy reason we just cant seem to let go of the suby

need advise

So me and the wife were talking and we are thinking about keeping the rex.What it comes right down to is that we just like our car( the new body style is fugly as hell to me) we were happy with the performace of the car, im just concerned with longevity of the rest of the drivetrain.if we do trade in for a new sti limited, we'll probably be looking at a 550 dollar a month car payment ( that is going to seriously cut into Dallas' budget to build another car) So we were thinking that it seems like this was kind of a freak issue that we had and instead of blowing a ton of money in payments over the next 5 years, we might as well just mod the car like we want and hope for the best. If we keep the rex she still wants mods, cause the thing is just boring as hell compared to what it was before. So with that in mind we still have the access port, hks dp, hks turboback and uppipe. I was thinking that this time we would go with a bellmouth dp and maybe a different uppipe. get all the exhaust stuff put back on the take it up to pdx and get it tuned. I guess that i need advise on what uppipe and what bellmouth to go with. is there anything else that we should be looking at getting to help with longevity, reliability, power, response and drivability? Also i know that the wrx is known to have issues with trans problems, does anyone know the parts required to do the sti swap?, oh does anyone have first hand experience with doing a clutch r&r on a rex? When they had the thing tore down at the dealer it was about 1/2 way down, so that maybe something we'll be looking at too, any suggestions? Help me out guys, for some crazy reason we just cant seem to let go of the suby

Downpipe? Invidia! Uppipe? Doesn't really matter. Buy what you can afford. If you are looking for top of the line, then look at Crucial or APS. For the clutch, check out ACT streetlight. For reliability, maybe get a better intercooler, and start thinking about upgraded fuel rails, maybe a Crucial thermostat. Uneven cooling and fueling are the well known weak points. If/when it blows up, buy a 2.5 shortblock and swap your stock heads.

That's just my personal bullet list... there may be more to come.

thanx for the advise wade, we are going to sell the dp and go with an invidia, i think we'll go with the cooling system kit from crutial, a fuel rail kit from perrin, act stg 2 clutch and look around for a tmic. another question does pdx actually do custom dyno tunes for the accessport, when i talked to the guy there a few months ago he seemed kinda vauge and confused as to what i was asking...........should we stay with the access port or sell it and go with something else?

--oh ya i talked to lance today and his wagon is silver. He said that if you see it you'll know its him, cause the exhaust is loud as hell--? i think he took the tb off ? i told him to get on the forums and say whats up.

whats up guys this is lance and i drive a 02 wagon in ashland. i work down at the vinyl club and am down there almost every night were open.