The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 113

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Edit: one more thing that worries me about their choice of words (assuming you quoted them accurately) is that they ...

Edit: one more thing that worries me about their choice of words (assuming you quoted them accurately) is that they seem to be implying that since you have removed all the cats in your exhaust, which is a violation of federal law, they are refusing to warranty your vehicle. Not necessarily because the car was modified, but because that particular mod is actually a federal offense. and something that would possibly be brought up if you took any type of legal action. This may be the kind of situation that if you push back too hard, you might get burnt. Especially considering that they have all the evidence they need locked up in their garage.[/QUOTE]

ya the thought had crossed my mind that if i tryed legal action that it would really get me
    nowhere and even deeper in the hole money wise. I wasnt really worried that i would get into any trouble due to removing the cats ( i was actually more concerned with him calling the cops for either threatening to: stuff my foot in his ass or running him over with my integra) The main reason that i wanted to post this is so that everyone around here understands that; i know the service advisor ( worked with him for years at vw/honda) really well and know the service manager really well from being in the local automotive business. These kind of connections still didnt help me and i want to clarify that the guys at sosvm really tried hard to fight for me, but in the end thier hands were tied. my call to soa went about as ****ty as the conversation with the rep. They explained that the district rep has the final say in the matter as he is thier "eyes and ears in the area"---they must be blind and deaf-- I will rack this one up as a very expensive screw up on my part and from now on if i take a car ( wether is a suby or something else) im going to cover my tracks and lie out my ass.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    understood, and i thought about just taking it, but i was glad when he changed it to a non-moving violation, which would have further slaughtered my insurance. 97 bucks isnt too bad. If i took it to court, (and it was a state trooper, btw) i feared more stuff would be brought up, like me not having the car registered or insured at the time....which could have ended up costly. plus, i was speeding either way. or do they throw that with one mistake?
    If the ticket isn't written correctly, it can be thrown out, depending on how bad the error is. The officer can also change it after handing you your copy. But that is just my experience - I once got a ticket that said I was headed south on I-5, and I was actually on the northbound side, but the officer had already changed it when I brought this up to the clerk.

That doesn't sound like too bad of a fine though. Get that thing registered and insured dude, before the ticket goes on your record!

Hey I heard that maybe on the 8th there is going to be a big or atleast a nice turnout at the Champion Raceway Drags, something like Jet cars and maybe some Funny cars. I think ill be up there for that. so if anyone knows any different tell me so i dont go there with my hopes up. lol. well anyways i have court this coming monday. ouch, i was SB on I-5 going 89 or 90 in a 65, while following a person in a Mazda 3, haha we got took by some CHP, there were 6.. ouch time... so anyways they clocked me for 96 eventhough i was at cruise control at 89 or 90, the other guy was speeding past me at 96 so the first officer to get on the scene and pull us over just said that we were both at 96... it is crap so i am going to see if i can talk my way through it. any other advice i could use on that would be great.. heh.
    "You brake and then turn the wheel, step on the clutch, and pull the e-brake. Release the e-brake, go into countersteer mode, then wait. Wait until you know the car is facing the corner exit direction. then you smile and slam on the gas as you exit the corner." - Keiichi Tsuchiya

wade- what do you mean, 'before it goes on my record'? shoudl i be rushign to get the car settled?

Viper- the jet cars are awesome! about the ticket, just be sure to bring up the cruise control and that by law or whatever manufacturers have the speedo a little high, so your situation doesnt make sense if you got pulled for 96.... maybe it was a different car and gave you all the same violation?
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

wade- what do you mean, 'before it goes on my record'? shoudl i be rushign to get the car settled?
    Whatever the date is on the ticket that you have to enter your plea by, it should't go on your record until after that date, because you haven't technically been found guilty yet.

oh yeah, smart.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

hey wade, you know that half the high school's computers have that WRC desktop background in your avatar set as their backgrounds? yeah.... i left a legacy.

yeah.... i left a legacy.
    hehe... nice

Think I can Do it?

Hey i am going to need some support on the 7th of July, on a Friday i think, if any of you guys want to show up. i am going to run my WRX at the Champion reaceway in Medford, Whitecity more like it, heh heh, i am going to try and get a 14 or a 13.9 trap speed. i have a few friends that think i can break the 14's barely and another that thinks too highly of himself that thinks i cant even get a 14.3 or 4. my modifications are TBE, big brake rotor kit, 225/45/R17 Kuhmo ASX, K&N SRI Typhoon, and i am ordering a Cast Iron Turbo XS Uppipe that i will have installed on by then. anyone think that i can get 14 or just a smidge under with my setup? i know the track has massive traction and i am going to try a few diferent things like air up my tires over the PSI limit to help with breaking traction or atleast get the wheels to slip a bit. i am not going to drop the clutch per-say because i think that i will have shraptnel laying all over the track from my tranny or drive line busting. so i think a slip might do the trick. my clutch is fine for now so it shouldnt be a prob. i have been practicing my launches alot and i do pretty well especially against other guys that drag alot. i haven't been on a drag strip per say with my vehicle so i am not sure how it will run quite yet with so much traction, so i dont know what i should do the first run. i will have a few runs that night so we'll see. if anyone can let me use their Cobb AP that would be too awesome, and i can get into the 13's no prob then, hahahahahaha... but reply on whatever you guys think. any other tips too haha.. Oh BTW i saw 2 WRX's one Blue and one Yellow with Guys driving, i waved but i wasnt sure if it was anyone on here. it was an 02/03 model type. and it was on monday that i saw them driving around Central Point, Medford. anyways i have been visiting Medford lately and i drive an Aspen White 02 WRX with Gold Rota's.
    "You brake and then turn the wheel, step on the clutch, and pull the e-brake. Release the e-brake, go into countersteer mode, then wait. Wait until you know the car is facing the corner exit direction. then you smile and slam on the gas as you exit the corner." - Keiichi Tsuchiya

I say 14's. Now go prove me wrong

well i there was an error in the shipping for my uppipe and i prolly cant make 14 or less with what i have so i think next time i will go for it so im prolly not gonna run this friday, ill run next one when i have the uppipe on. eh, ohwell. ill still be up there this weekend for the Jet cars and stuff. there should be a good turnout.

got the car back

whats ups guys, well i got the car back today. God the thing feels slow with it all back to stock. After driving it the wifes not really hot on a stock rex so it looks like we'll be going back to Acura. So if you see a white 05 thats lowered with sti side strakes and a debadged deck lid, i'd suggest looking the other way. I think that we sold all of the aftermarket parts to a friend of a friend, he's going to come over this weekend to look at the parts. I'll let him know about the forum---give him a nice welcome=)

------------oh by the way if anyone wants the shortblock, it may still be good for a nasty build, the first person with 50 bucks and a truck gets it, email me or call me--Dallas 890-2507

Thanx to everyone here for a warm welcome and if you see some ahole in a white 4 door integra try not to give me the finger for waving

Why not get an STI then if she wants power?

We are going to go test drive cars next week. We were thinking along the lines of something with a little more size and options, verses the performance. We have custody of my niece that is 5 months old and if you've ever tryed to put a childseat in the back of a rex you know how big of a pain that is. But at the same time she really wants something with some nuts, so were going to look at, the 06 STI, the Mitsu Evo, Acura TL and one of the new caddis. All these cars are around the same $$$, but some bring different things to the table. The new sti has been refined and comes with some killer power (just a little bit more than the Evo) , but the Evo comes with alot of things standard that the STI doesnt come with and you have to pay for as extra options. These two are in the "performance" section of our minds. While i am not partial to either of the cars, after riding in a friends stock evo, i have to say that i was impressed. Now just because i said that doesnt mean that were going to buy one (cause it really matters what my wife wants). Now on to the "luxury" section, the TL and the caddi both offer things that the perfomance cars cant, luxury for one. Two: no loud noise from the exhaust. Three: The kind of car that your can put big gay chrome 20" wheels on! and four: it just a nice easy car. Who knows what we're going to do, we still have to test drive

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY
    The new sti has been refined and comes with some killer power (just a little bit more than the Evo) , but the Evo comes with alot of things standard that the STI doesnt come with and you have to pay for as extra options.
    Or just wait a little longer...

http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2007/sti/index.html