The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 111

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hmm alright. well i never noticed it but subaruman posted some pics of a track in medford. and it looks ...

hmm alright. well i never noticed it but subaruman posted some pics of a track in medford. and it looks familliar, is that track near a shooting range? and does anyone know if the track is open? ok well if anyone wants to drive or do something tonight gimme a call. its 707-218-8017

Ryan
    "You brake and then turn the wheel, step on the clutch, and pull the e-brake. Release the e-brake, go into countersteer mode, then wait. Wait until you know the car is facing the corner exit direction. then you smile and slam on the gas as you exit the corner." - Keiichi Tsuchiya

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea its open, its 22 bux to race, track hooks really good so expect things to break. its called champion raceway. i might make a final appearance there next friday night drags. im gettin my new mounts put in whenever they get here from full-race.

anyways i was just tellin everyone im moving june 25th, so ill probally still be on the forums here and there but i wont be in oregon. i got UTI school in orlando florida fall so I can get my tech training and start my shop in auburn. its been fun (not really oregon sucks) so anyways.
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

are you guys talking about the autox track? I'd like to know when that's open (for juat anybody to run, no santioned event) ...for future reference.

I want to see how much of a disadvantage I have w/ an automatic... I'd probably use the lower gears (1,2,3) for torque, but I'm wondering if I would need to do much shifting... maybe just 1 and 2?
    Last edited by the_black_one; 06-10-2006 at 08:21 AM.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Quote Originally Posted by EvoLSTi
    its been fun (not really oregon sucks) so anyways.

Can anyone recommend a good paintless dent repair service? So far I've found DentPro in Jacksonville, but the yellow pages don't seem to have a category for this type of service.

door dings add character ...so do big dents in the quarter panel... and rock chips everywhere... and chips in the winshield... and scratches in the front door windows from the guides... and 160K...

you've got a ways to go...

Hey, at least I don't have to worry about a door ding ruining my perfect finish, and gravel-spitting rally runs are no worry either...
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Red face

Whats up guys! been a while.......wade check out dent crafters thier behind my work at hyundia........i hear that they do good work.---- oh by the way does anyone know where to get a new short block? my rex is in at sosvm. they think that we may have lost something in the bottom end.................still waiting for the prognosis..............they also dont know if our warranty is going to cover the repairs or not. im good friends with the service advisor there, but theres only so much that they can do because the car is "modded". At this moment if warranty doesnt cover it im looking at like a g for just the tear down and diag. then it maybe in the ball park of like 3500.00 for a short block and labor................%^$##* this sucks ass!!!!!!!!
    im thinking that if i have to pay for it i may just end up putting the new motor in my self at work then trading the f"er off for a new car.........

Don't trade it in... you can just buy mine... It doesn't have a BOV though so I'm not sure if the little lady will approve
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

ya she now understands that you dont want a bov............i was looking for motors and
    found that cobb sells complete short blocks for 2300 , is there anyone else that sells
    complete motors?

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY
    ya she now understands that you dont want a bov............i was looking for motors and
    found that cobb sells complete short blocks for 2300 , is there anyone else that sells
    complete motors?
    Check with PDXTuning, they've helped a few different guys source them, most ended up with 2.5l shortblocks and some serious torque monsters. Maybe check DHM for a quote on the rebuild. The way I see it, if/when my shortblock goes, it's time to upgrade to a 2.5. You know, make lemonade and sh*t

2.5l with a fp green = super sleeper do eeet
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Post Moving to Talent

Hey all, I am moving back home (or close to) from the Bay area. I am looking for Volk wheels for my '04 STi, front and rear sway bars, endlinks, also cheap intake and cat free exhaust. Can't wait to spend more time on the twisties in OR.

Also have two rooms for rent in Talent, nice like new house, large room is $375, smaller is $325.

Steve

Bumper + Battery...

All I am looking for a lighter bumper and battery, any advice from anyone? Does anyone out there have a light/small battery installed on a daily driver?

Quote Originally Posted by cking769
    All I am looking for a lighter bumper and battery, any advice from anyone? Does anyone out there have a light/small battery installed on a daily driver?
    JDM bumper beam is about 10lbs lighter, I believe, and there are a number of lightweight batteries to choose from, Braille being the first that comes to mind. I think another is Odyssey.

I was actually just reading about this topic last night, in this thread at NastySock:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1024419

Thumbs up Weight Saving Link

Thats a great link! Awesome to think I might see 3100 in the future! Lol guess I don't have to go on a diet after all...