The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 107

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; By the way guys, I'm putting my yellow 78 DL 2-door up for sale. Only 72,000 miles on it, asking ...

By the way guys, I'm putting my yellow 78 DL 2-door up for sale. Only 72,000 miles on it, asking 1500 or best.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you dont live on Park st, ashalnd do you? there is a yellow Dl selling there too....
    i keep thinking the loyale im getting will be too slow! comes with 90 horse, but its been through a lot..
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

No, I'm in Medford. I'll have to go to Ashland to see this DL.....

yeah... could be a GL or some variant, but its rather old-school of the old subarus...could be from the mid-80s but i dont know.. how many horses does yours have? 4 or AWD?
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

gotta love AC...

I'm all for planning a drive, but I've tried before to get peeps onboard- unsuccessfully. If you're intterested, post up, and maybe we can herd up a decent crew and plan something everyone can make...
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    yeah... could be a GL or some variant, but its rather old-school of the old subarus...could be from the mid-80s but i dont know.. how many horses does yours have? 4 or AWD?

Only front wheel drive, and it's a 1600 so kinda low on power.

depends on when the meet is. I'm moving down around June 16 and working full time. Couldn't say when i'm available or if my neighbourhood I will be living will be safe for the Subaru or not. I might just need to take the Corolla down if the place I live is a little shady with thiefs.

I Support ClubWRX
    where the hell do you plan on living?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by subaruman5
    depends on when the meet is. I'm moving down around June 16 and working full time. Couldn't say when i'm available or if my neighbourhood I will be living will be safe for the Subaru or not. I might just need to take the Corolla down if the place I live is a little shady with thiefs.
    Things are pretty different down here. I'm not saying cars don't get broken into or stolen, but it's nothing like up north.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    where the hell do you plan on living?
    This weekend, i'll be down there looking for an apartment with a co-worker. If you want this would be a good time to have a meet. Maybe at dealership would be best. Ill keep you tuned on what will happen exactly this weekend

I sure hope you guys are correct on the less theifs than up north. I heard there is abunch of meth going on down there but I also heard Eugene is #1 for that in the country. So who knows haha

I'm down for a meet...

here's my idea for a meet/drive:

-run the dead indian/greensprings loop that goes past several lakes- maybe stop at a rec. area for lunch/bbq (i'm sure we could arrange provisions... ) here's the route in mind:

...any thoughts?
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    ...any thoughts?
    That's one of my favorites
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

im down to go, i just feel odd not having a suby ahha

and i figured out what was wrong with my car, i knicked the power steering line and it sprayed everywhere. gotta get that replaced, we be great if someone at the honda dealership could get me the part i need
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

yes, lets drive!

so i went for a drive with a guy i met the other day, he in his SR20 powered 240. he claims around 250 wheel, very impressive, has me by a car and a half a little over a hundred (from 2nd roll, little bit of lag on my part). anyways we went up dead indian in the rain, and to my surprise i couldn't keep up. i didnt want to run my new brakes too hard, and i know my tires were dead but adrenaline kept me going... on corner exits i got a little loose from the rain and should have slowed down.., until i almost spun on an uphill set of twisties, on a slight downhill-before-uphill right hander... very scary. i drifted it (from braking, i think) wayyy to much, countering left, then right, then straightening out...

anyways the kid is a very good driver, he is a mechanic at infineon and was telling me about how he gets to drive the formula cars they work on, which a buddy form my old town also does, and who he happened to know, what a small world. once its dry we will drive it again, i havent had anyone to drive with in a while who was as fast or faster, so it was a fun night, even though i got a little stupid. im ordering tires soon, i think im going with Azenis ST-115, not the super grippy ones, they have treadwear 360.
    anybody recommend anything else with that or better treadwear for summer tires?