The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 106

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Wade-0 Getting my windows tinted Saturday morning Finally...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Getting my windows tinted Saturday morning
    Finally
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    Finally
    Geez, I've been waiting for someone to chime in on that for how long now?

Getting my windows tinted Saturday morning
    nice- where at? $$$$? ...reason I ask is cause I'm looking to do the same soon, assuming I'll be able to afford it.

...got a f'ing speeding ticket on my way home from graveyard shift at 7am a few days ago - 31 in a 20mph (downtown )... no traffic, clear and warm... he was set up and hidden on the right a ways down siskiyou- I know I was speeding, but jesus- PROTECT AND SERVE... I guess revenue generation is serving, maybe...
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    nice- where at? $$$$? ...reason I ask is cause I'm looking to do the same soon, assuming I'll be able to afford it.
    Eclipse, shop is behind SOSVM. He swung me a deal because I'm having both of our subies done, $230 for the wagon, $220 for the sedan. Regular price for a wagon is $250.

...got a f'ing speeding ticket on my way home from graveyard shift at 7am a few days ago - 31 in a 20mph (downtown )... no traffic, clear and warm... he was set up and hidden on the right a ways down siskiyou- I know I was speeding, but jesus- PROTECT AND SERVE... I guess revenue generation is serving, maybe...
    I almost got hit by a clueless b*tch in an SUV downtown today when I was walking across the street in the crosswalk. She rolls by me and says "Sorry" out the window, I replied "Slow it down" to which she replied, "I wasn't speeding, I just wasn't paying attention!"

Eclipse, shop is behind SOSVM. He swung me a deal because I'm having both of our subies done, $230 for the wagon, $220 for the sedan. Regular price for a wagon is $250.

I almost got hit by a clueless b*tch in an SUV downtown today when I was walking across the street in the crosswalk. She rolls by me and says "Sorry" out the window, I replied "Slow it down" to which she replied, "I wasn't speeding, I just wasn't paying attention!"
    That place used to advertise on medfordtoolers.com... had somekind of deal if you mentioned the ad- but it appears they do good work.

...and I don't know what to say... but I can safely say I ain't no clueless *****... Peds should have right of way, but I think the ped is also responsible for their own safety in a way... hence you not getting run the f over. ...so, are you saying you're glad I got nabbed? Time of day and lack of traffic/peds was my main tiff. The only person on the streets at that hour is that scraggly ass gray haired sunburnt bum who apparently lives downtown... would that really be a loss?
    Last edited by the_black_one; 05-13-2006 at 12:33 AM.

tommy's up here has a deal for those that mention the pdxwrx people...i'm getting mine for less than that..but i guess it only applies if you're up here huh? (portland)

...so, are you saying you're glad I got nabbed? Time of day and lack of traffic/peds was my main tiff. The only person on the streets at that hour is that scraggly ass gray haired sunburnt bum who apparently lives downtown... would that really be a loss?
    Naw, I'm just saying 31 in the plaza is a bit fast I'd never wish a ticket on anyone I know.

And for the record, I didn't just step out in front of the lady. I waited until there was an opening and started to cross. The next car pulled up in the lane closest to me and stopped to wait. I was halfway across and saw this lady coming with no intention of stopping, so I just stopped (in front of the other car that was waiting) and watched her. She slammed on her brakes at the very last instant, and stopped just in time.

Naw, I'm just saying 31 in the plaza is a bit fast I'd never wish a ticket on anyone I know.

And for the record, I didn't just step out in front of the lady. I waited until there was an opening and started to cross. The next car pulled up in the lane closest to me and stopped to wait. I was halfway across and saw this lady coming with no intention of stopping, so I just stopped (in front of the other car that was waiting) and watched her. She slammed on her brakes at the very last instant, and stopped just in time.
    IN the plaza... yeah, that would be ridiculous... but the 20mph goes all the way to the library/firestation.... thats about where he got me.... I accelerated early for the 30mph zone... guess grandma'n is the only way to go with my luck lately...

BTW, what % are you doing your tint? ...staying legal?

BTW, what % are you doing your tint? ...staying legal?
    Well, for some reason my stock window tint is a bit darker than normal. He said he could only go 50 on the front windows because they metered at 78%, but he gave me the option for whatever I wanted on the back half of the car. I decided I didn't want a big difference between front and back (I hate that look) so I chose 35 for the rest of the car. Technically it's not legal, but he said that wagons can usually get away with it because cops don't understand the tint law well enough. I tried to get him to go 35 in the front but he wouldn't, he said all the Medford cops carry tint meters now. The windows on the 2.5RS windows metered a bit lighter (81%), so he's doing 35 all around on it.

Hey guys, i'm not sure if a lot of you know me, but i'm originally from Bellingham Washington and moved down to Eugene Oregon for my Aviation Maintanence Tech. degree. This summer, i'll be working at Erickson Air-Crane. I was down for the interview yesterday May 13 and was also looking for a place to live for my 3 months this summer down there starting June 16. If anyone knows of a good neighourhood, smoke/drug free place for me to stay, that would be awesome. I'm still in the process of looking.

While I was down in Medford, I stopped by the local Dealership and said hello to NW OBS from www.rs25.com. I also bumped into Wade-O and his wife. During the late afternoon, I accidently stumbled upon a local track of yours. Coincidently, they were having practice for the Sunday Event. I decided to pay 16 bucks and take a few tries. Another of your locals was able to get some shots of my car. The guys name was Mike and did a great job. Here are a few pictures from the day.

Also, if you guys know about the Alki Beach Meet i'm putting on July 9th, 2006, we should definently put a Caravan and head up North since i'll be going in that direction anyways. Here is the thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...98#post1555298

Erickson AirCrane assembly plant

What the helicopters are made to do

The Subaru

Road Shot in Roseburg

wow, sweet car, swett pics. i totally forgot there was an auto-X this week..
    so what is the history of your car, mainly whats under the hood? looks legit..
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Car is NA. Next summer i'm planning the swap. I was surprised that there was no subarus at this track event. I only saw one evo 8. Do you guys usually go out there?

yeah, i went to a few last summer, and there were i think 4 of us wrx/sti'ers, a LGT and an older model. The STi's werent local though, i had the only wrx i think. your car looks very sweet! i dig the wheels..

so tonight im ordering some lights for the loyale project, i think im going with 2 sets of Hella 500's. they are relatively cheap and form what i hear offer around 70% of the light of the FF1000's, an expensive but advanced model... a mounting kit for the wrx is 33 bucks so that might be in the future soon too, we'll see. 4 is a lot of lights, but at 70 a pair thats not too bad, that way i can adjust the outer 2 for corners... not super-necesary but shall be nice...
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

SOMEONE advise me of the next autocross! i thought it wasnt until June! grrr... im bitter. Anyway, sweet ride man! We should all meet up sometime soon.
    2000 2.5 Rs-T @ 6psi
    Enkei-KYB-H&R-Perrin-Walbro-Falken
    STi-Greddy-Momo-IPD-Seibon-PP6
    Kartboy-Apexi-Borla-Autometer-Toyo
    ... you get the idea ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    no no my rotors on there now are the stock ones that have been resurfaced a lot. i put them on after the accident b/c the ones on during the accident (racingbrake slotted) were scuffed up while the wheel bearing made the wheel unstable. so the stock ones are wayy to thin and now causing the problems....whew. lets go for a drive soon or a meet of something...maybe next friday we could make plans...

I was going to say i thought i helped u put rotors on that beast!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC