The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 105
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 240kph Speaking of the black wrx wagon... Uhh yeah, let's have a moment of silence for first ...

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    Speaking of the black wrx wagon...

Uhh yeah, let's have a moment of silence for first gear. I'm going to get a sticker for my back window that says piss on Subaru. Possibly could have been prevented LOL but my transmisson has been getting noisier and noisier lately anyways. Southern Oregon Subaru said that there was nothing wrong with it way back when I first took it in. Then again it is S.O.S.

I sent a PM to DS1 motorsports to ask about the stock 5speed they're selling. If that doesn't work out I'l get mine rebuilt. Anybody want to recommend a tranny shop? The kind of tranny that shifts, not the kind you accidentally end up in a cheap Ashland motel room with. (should of noticed the adam's apple LOL)

long time no see,
    Steve
    yea, i spent the most of sunday checking out my car, lots of oil, no visiable cracks, im guessing a oil line somewhere came loose. hopefully u get another trans, it was nice to meet you out there steve
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    dam, sounds like some problems going on.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by EvoLSTi
    yea, i spent the most of sunday checking out my car, lots of oil, no visiable cracks, im guessing a oil line somewhere came loose. hopefully u get another trans, it was nice to meet you out there steve
    Good, that's awesome that it wasn't anything major. Nice meeting you as well. It was also pretty cool not to be the only one having mechanical problems on my run LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-O
    There are no cheap motel rooms in Ashland.
    So says someone with a lot of experience looking for them... j/k
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Good, that's awesome that it wasn't anything major. Nice meeting you as well. It was also pretty cool not to be the only one having mechanical problems on my run LOL.

So says someone with a lot of experience looking for them... j/k

yea, im gonna go by some dealerships and check out the 06 wrx tr. i like the two tone interiors on the subaru page so hopefully they look just as good in person. i dont wanna dump any more money into a honda, even if a k20z3 swap would be a nice addition.
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

I Support ClubWRX
    Well then you would just be like me.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Yeah, I've been checking out a few transmission shops in the area getting price estimates, etc... I've also been pm a member on the board a bit about shipping me a tranny from IL. It would be nice to do the work local but money's kinda tight. I have the next two days off so we'll see how it goes. I never realized how much I enjoy the wagon until it's incapacitated. I'm seriously considering putting my t-bird back together, though.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

amen, i hate my integra but not having it running makes me miss it
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Well then you would just be like me.
    Yeah, SLOOOOW!

Yeah, I've been checking out a few transmission shops in the area getting price estimates, etc... I've also been pm a member on the board a bit about shipping me a tranny from IL. It would be nice to do the work local but money's kinda tight. I have the next two days off so we'll see how it goes. I never realized how much I enjoy the wagon until it's incapacitated. I'm seriously considering putting my t-bird back together, though.
    You have a PM my friend.

meet soon? i havent been driving the sube lately... some MAJOR issues with brakes, stemming from the use of really thin rotors ( i hope)
    ordered Brembo replacement rotors (nothign special) and Hawk HPS Street Pads....couldnt afford lines, once again!
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    meet soon? i havent been driving the sube lately... some MAJOR issues with brakes, stemming from the use of really thin rotors ( i hope)
    ordered Brembo replacement rotors (nothign special) and Hawk HPS Street Pads....couldnt afford lines, once again!
    What now? You go through rotors faster than most people go through pads!

anyone know the history of the 04 WRB STi at Sosvm?

that is my next target for purchase, since the history of the OBP 05 STi wasnt so great
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

no no my rotors on there now are the stock ones that have been resurfaced a lot. i put them on after the accident b/c the ones on during the accident (racingbrake slotted) were scuffed up while the wheel bearing made the wheel unstable. so the stock ones are wayy to thin and now causing the problems....whew. lets go for a drive soon or a meet of something...maybe next friday we could make plans...
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    no no my rotors on there now are the stock ones that have been resurfaced a lot. i put them on after the accident b/c the ones on during the accident (racingbrake slotted) were scuffed up while the wheel bearing made the wheel unstable. so the stock ones are wayy to thin and now causing the problems....whew. lets go for a drive soon or a meet of something...maybe next friday we could make plans...
    im down to hang out at a meeting or whatever, but it would have to be from 6pm-10pm. thats the only time i could borrow the 4runner.

i still cant figure out where the oil is comming from and its annoying me. im gonna try to clean it all up and see if any leaks from a spot.
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

Getting my windows tinted Saturday morning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.