The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 103
Page 103 of 187 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by carrman So because they had to fix it to make it sellable, that makes it worth nearly ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carrman
    So because they had to fix it to make it sellable, that makes it worth nearly what a brand new one sells for? More reasons never to buy from the Lithia group....
    Look Bro, I could care less what you say about lithia, I dont sell the cars, I just run the parts department. I was telling those other guy's info about a car they were asking about.

Yes when ANY car dealership buys a car that is called what they are into it. If they have to put brake pads and tires on a car that means the cost that they are into it goes up. It is the price of doing business. ANY car dealership in this world does the same thing.

The 1 tire they did replace is within spec. The other tires are new, just the one tire for some reason was basically bald.

Like I said, I wouldnt buy the car, it was ridden hard and put away wet.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    The 1 tire they did replace is within spec. The other tires are new, just the one tire for some reason was basically bald.
    Wow, now my imagination is really going. How the hell do you roast 1 tire, break both mirrors and a windshield, and burn through your brake pads but still have 3 practically brand new tires? Someone needs to come up with an interesting back story for this one. Maybe make a contest out of it

And jeez Bo, you don't have to get so defensive. You should be used to the Lithia hate by now, in fact, you should have some of the best stories!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Wow, now my imagination is really going. How the hell do you roast 1 tire, break both mirrors and a windshield, and burn through your brake pads but still have 3 practically brand new tires? Someone needs to come up with an interesting back story for this one. Maybe make a contest out of it

And jeez Bo, you don't have to get so defensive. You should be used to the Lithia hate by now, in fact, you should have some of the best stories!
    I wasnt getting defensive it just seemed like he was roasting on me more than the company. I tell you dude this place gets dumber by the second. We will see soon, Im going to be working for corporate training the parts managers and staff when we buy new dealerships...So watch for them to get dumber!

Im not to entirely sure on the whole tire thing but it looks to me like some suspension parts were replaced and one wheel was shinier than the other so Im guessing he hit a curb replaced a wheel and noticed his tire was bald, replaced suspension parts ran it dam near out of gas and bought a hybrid honda civic with navigation.

Probably right about the curb thing. My guess is he did it pretty soon after buying the car when he didn't know how to handle the beast and had it fixed but never had the alignment checked. Ran it too long with messed up camber/toe on that wheel, probably thought the car drove like sh*t... and everyone knows how expensive premium gas is (I just paid $50 to fill my tank yesterday)... decided it was a crappy car and went looking for something else.

Pretty funny he traded it for a civic hybrid though, just proves he (or she) isn't too bright. I read an article that on average, the civic hybrid only gets about 2mpg better mileage than the Civic Si, with significantly less power. The reviewer actually said the car barely has enough power to get out of it's own way.

I wasnt getting defensive it just seemed like he was roasting on me more than the company. I tell you dude this place gets dumber by the second. We will see soon, Im going to be working for corporate training the parts managers and staff when we buy new dealerships...So watch for them to get dumber!

Im not to entirely sure on the whole tire thing but it looks to me like some suspension parts were replaced and one wheel was shinier than the other so Im guessing he hit a curb replaced a wheel and noticed his tire was bald, replaced suspension parts ran it dam near out of gas and bought a hybrid honda civic with navigation.
    Well seeing as how you are an innocent parts guy, I have no contempt for you. Now, if you were a salesman....;-)

the car looked suspicious, oh well i guess it wasnt worth my time anyways, im new here in oregon, i dont know about this lithia group, the salesmen were nice, and they seemed willing to work out a nice deal. cars are too pricey new at sosvm, the search continues.
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by gc8impreza00
    Here is the schedule for the Southern Oregon drags (summer '06)

Friday Night Super Drags: May 5, 2006
    E.T. Championship Race: May 6, 2006
    Friday Night Drags: May 12, 2006
    Friday Night Drags: May 19, 2006
    Friday Night Drags: May 26, 2006
    E.T. Championship Race: May 27, 2006
    so i take it friday night drags are the nights i can run, basically what we called test and tune nights back home. are there any requirements? like cars running 12.99 or faster have to have a helmet or something like that, roll cages ect.

anyone know the prices to run for the night?
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by EvoLSTi
    so i take it friday night drags are the nights i can run, basically what we called test and tune nights back home. are there any requirements? like cars running 12.99 or faster have to have a helmet or something like that, roll cages ect.

anyone know the prices to run for the night?

yeah im not quite sure of the times but anything under 13 needs a helmet and anything under... uhh... 11? needs a roll cage. (im not sure on all this stuff) friday night drags are the days you can go out and im pretty sure its 20 bucks to run. i think im going to head out there this weekend so i can see how my car runs in the quarter with my turbo kit on. We can meet up if you feel like headin out?
    2000 2.5 Rs-T @ 6psi
    Enkei-KYB-H&R-Perrin-Walbro-Falken
    STi-Greddy-Momo-IPD-Seibon-PP6
    Kartboy-Apexi-Borla-Autometer-Toyo
    ... you get the idea ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Probably right about the curb thing. My guess is he did it pretty soon after buying the car when he didn't know how to handle the beast and had it fixed but never had the alignment checked. Ran it too long with messed up camber/toe on that wheel, probably thought the car drove like sh*t... and everyone knows how expensive premium gas is (I just paid $50 to fill my tank yesterday)... decided it was a crappy car and went looking for something else.

Pretty funny he traded it for a civic hybrid though, just proves he (or she) isn't too bright. I read an article that on average, the civic hybrid only gets about 2mpg better mileage than the Civic Si, with significantly less power. The reviewer actually said the car barely has enough power to get out of it's own way.

mmm I dunno about that. The guy was probably used to higher horse cars maybe? The Civic Hybrid is probably the nicest hybrid Ive ever driven and since Ive been around when I was a tech and all Ive driven quite a few. The civic hybrid compares to the normal civic in power. The gas mileage is WAAAAY better than an si. I probably only average 22 in town and Ive seen civic hybrid owners (pre 06(the 06 is a better car) pull down 44 average in town.

mmm I dunno about that. The guy was probably used to higher horse cars maybe?
    That would be a safe assumption. The only rags I read are tuner mags. I'll see if I can find which mag it was.

Quote Originally Posted by gc8impreza00
    yeah im not quite sure of the times but anything under 13 needs a helmet and anything under... uhh... 11? needs a roll cage. (im not sure on all this stuff) friday night drags are the days you can go out and im pretty sure its 20 bucks to run. i think im going to head out there this weekend so i can see how my car runs in the quarter with my turbo kit on. We can meet up if you feel like headin out?

yea, meet where at friday night? i live on Ave A so that is like only a few mins away from the sports park. never been so it would be nice to go with someone so i can have someone to hang out with.
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

The gas mileage is WAAAAY better than an si. I probably only average 22 in town and Ive seen civic hybrid owners (pre 06(the 06 is a better car) pull down 44 average in town.
    It was this month's SubieSport, the editor's letter. He drove the hybrid for a week, then the Si. He said he averaged 29mpg with the hybrid, and 27mpg with the Si. His regular car is a modded 2.5RS. I guess it really depends on how you drive, I've heard you have to granny the hybrids to get anywhere near the EPA ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoLSTi
    yea, meet where at friday night? i live on Ave A so that is like only a few mins away from the sports park. never been so it would be nice to go with someone so i can have someone to hang out with.

well last time I met people at the taco bell in white city... Anyone else interested?
    2000 2.5 Rs-T @ 6psi
    Enkei-KYB-H&R-Perrin-Walbro-Falken
    STi-Greddy-Momo-IPD-Seibon-PP6
    Kartboy-Apexi-Borla-Autometer-Toyo
    ... you get the idea ...

I might come out, but I'll have to skip Taco Bell.

yea i dont think id wanna eat any taco bell before racing

but it doesnt matter, i wish we had a gas station that sold 100 octane from the pump

what time does everyone wanna met up
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy