Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Southern Oregon Thread

195K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  rally02wrx 
#1 ·
Any ideas?

:cool:

(I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my ass of at the medfordtuners.com web site.)

I am actually still laughing..

still..

okay..

I'm done now.

#2,754 ·
hey guys I dont know if any of you remember the wheels on my yellos wrx. I still have them they are 18" racing harts and I cant use them on my STi and I have a nice set of AXIS wheels for my VW so I will sell them for $600 with 90% tread on the tires :)

#2,760 ·
Does anyone have one of these that i can buy or borrow just to unmarry my accessport from my car..

need it ASAP 7027389435 im located in grants pass oregon

CobbTuning.com - 02' Init Connector
Hey I've got one you can borrow. PM me.

For everyone else, I'm saying hi! It's been a long time since I've posted. Still got the black wagon, although i recently blew up third gear. Does anyone have a good local source for a 6-speed?

-Steve

#2,761 ·
I'm going to be in Southern Oregon the 16-26. Are there any meets or drives going on during that time? While there i will be able to install my DP and flash to stage 2 so i am looking forward to that. Also looking forward to being back home for that short time as there is hardly any love for subaru's in El Paso.

#2,767 ·
click on your name above your avatar, should take you right to it.

Here it is from your visitor messages:

Yesterday 01:58 PMrally02wrx
This is the asshat you 'had to send off..' Sorry for disrupting your drive. I just wanted to say that I stayed inside my lane the entire drive save only for passes that I signaled for, whatever the speed or alleged recklessness of the act. On the way down I simply was folowing the bigger cars fo my friend wrx and sti, and if I made an illegal pass on you while following them, I thought my little cars would not add much to the situation. I run proper grippy tires and stiff suspension so I found I could take corners easily compared to some of the heavier cars without good tires.
Sorry if this looked reckless to you and if it made things look bad for the drive- I am. But don't be so quick to judge. I also would have socialized more with the crew but wasn;t feeling a positive vibe from a young member who has an unrelated grudge.

maybe we'll meet on a backroad sometime.
cheers

#2,769 · (Edited)
Wade ~

John was in the silver Suby that hit the tree drunk on Friday night. Marty was in the Bimmer... I know this. Both of them were hounding the Forester till she put two wheels in the dirt to let them by.

By the time they got down to me (we were looking for a place to shoot pictures) there were 3 (the black STI was in 3rd). BOTH the silver Suby AND the BMW passed me (while I cruising at 65mph with our photographer). They passed over a blind crest and entry to a turn over a double yellow!

You were at the driver's meeting... you know my feelings about this. Had a sport bike been coming out of that corner at 100 mph, an accident would have landed right in MY lap.

The black STI waited till he got around the corner and could see to pass ~ that is why I let him stay. But, I still had a talk with him about hounding 'civilians' on our drives ~ trouble is just one cell phone away ~ all we needed was for her to dial 911 and have to deal with OSP all over again.

#2,771 ·
Wade ~

John was in the silver Suby that hit the tree drunk on Friday night. Marty was in the Bimmer... I know this.
I was referring to your reply to Marty's comment on your profile page:

Even slamming into a tree 2 days earlier is not enough of a hint for you? If you do see me on a back road, please stay FAR away. There was NO rash decision here, only one that the entire club came to (INCLUDING Raja). Good Day sir...

#2,770 · (Edited)
Reply To Marty!

Marty:

You should have met us at the meeting place (both you and John) and you would have been at the driver's meeting and known exactly my feelings about the driving you both were doing. You also would have known your actions would have you dropped from ever being invited back on our drives.

After 2 years and a dozen drives you two were the perfect example of what everyone fears in a fast group run. Someone mistakes it for a 'race' or in John's term a 'rally'. It's NOT. I will not be tolerated, people passing over double yellows, passing in turns, hounding 'civilian' drivers, etc. All this adds up to 'reckless' driving. And if OSP gets wind of this (the lady in the Forester dialing 911) and OSP is waiting at the truck stop we have one ****ing mess to deal with because of a couple people that have piss poor judgement when it comes to high speed choices and they chose wrong.

We do NOT drive slow ~ our drives hit the triple digits several times a run. But, we are orderly and drive with respect and safety for the other members and to the other traffic on the road. We do not own any road ~ it is not "my" road. It has slow cars, trucks hauling boats, and families on a Sunday drive. It is THEIR road too.

I do not want to be the one who organized an event with two guys passing over a double yellow that takes out a family going for a picnic to Hyatt lake in a gruesome head on! It's that simple. It's that black & white.

Michael

#2,776 ·
Hey guys, so if anybody remembers me, I'm Wes, I drove an SRP bugeye(w/ sti wing) in a couple drives a year or two ago along with a few other Grants Pass suby owners(wrb 06 w/ chargspeed bodykit, srp 03 wagon).

Anyways, I have since sold my 02 and am on the look for something new. My plan is to swap EJ20 into a 97ish impreza. I have no car or parts yet but trying to get a plan layed out as straight as possible before I start. I've looked into jdm and usdm swaps and the wiring on both will take me forever. I've also been looking into the jdm swap w/ rhd conversion(I have no doubts about completing the rhd). I remember there being a swapped gc8 rhd in my second drive w/ you guys. I was wondering if anyone could toss in some advice and if anyone knew his contact info, if he's not on here.

Some of my questions are:
- If I get my hands on a jdm front clip can I do the rhd conversion and just plug and play(basically)? Avoiding the major harness meshing.
-Pros and Cons to the above idea?

Thanks for reading, sorry for making it a book!

#2,779 ·
Southern Oregon Impreza Club Weekly Meets!

Wednesday Night SOIC 'Spring/Summer Meet & Greet' is back at Sonic!​

Updated: March 22, 2010!

Join us once again as we enter warm nights and bigger draws to our weekly meet. It is held on Wednesday nights at 7:30 PM at the Central Point Sonic Drive In. Easy I-5 access and plenty of room for us. See you there!​

#2,783 ·
Exhaust Questions

I have a 2007 Impreza N/A. I think thats what you call My car
with no turbo? anyway. I want just the muffler I dont want one too loud but dont mind some noise :) the Midas touch guys said
they have a Magnaflow? this is not My field so I'm turning it over to you guys.. PS. look forword to the meet at Emigrant lake soon.

thanks.

#2,784 ·
I have a 2007 Impreza N/A. I think thats what you call My car
with no turbo? anyway. I want just the muffler I dont want one too loud but dont mind some noise :) the Midas touch guys said
they have a Magnaflow? this is not My field so I'm turning it over to you guys.. PS. look forword to the meet at Emigrant lake soon.

thanks.
Save up for a good bolt on axle back like prodrive or somethig like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.