The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 10
Page 10 of 187 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Good luck with the oil change! Whats everyone up to this weekend? I am thinking of trying to go to ...

Good luck with the oil change!

Whats everyone up to this weekend? I am thinking of trying to go to the growers market on saturday. Hopefully I will be able to make it this time.

Other then that, I need to get an oil chance. Will most likely switch to synth. I am around 15,500 miles. Unless, anybody recommends taking it to the dealer to do regular maintence?

I guess I will go snoop around some of the other forums.
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldnt recomend doing anything around SOSVM......friggen bull dykes..........anyway Doing your own work wont void your warranty (oil change wise) so you can do it if you want. They are saying because the car is modified they dont have to work on it if they choose not to......and because I work for lithia and did not buy the car from them they chose not too.

I found the perfect spot to work on my car- behind Lumpy's at that old self-serve gas pump. So I got myself a transportable oil pan (the damn threads on the lid skip when you try to tighten it though)- and changed my oil and did the pcv valve too- cause I noticed some oil in my MAF when I last cleaned my air filter. I also went to oil stop today and got my trans. and diff's flushed. Did someone here say they used Redline fluids? I asked, and they said they use 'chevron' fluids. Oh well. They tried to sell me a coolant flush- which I probably need- but I'll put that off and maybe do it myself sometime.

Anyway- the black one is feelin' pretty refreshed this evening.

The Oilstop by Tinseltown told me they used Redline fluids.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wade was that you I waved to the other day or your doppleghanger buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs
    Hey Wade, you have Yokohama AVS ES100s on your car right? How do you like them? Depending on how much I can get approved for to buy a house, I might get some OZ Superleggeras and slap the Yokohama AVS ES100s on them.
    I would never recommend these tires to anyone. They drone really bad on the freeway. I hate em. Check out the Pirelli PZero Nero. That will probably be my next tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs
    The Oilstop by Tinseltown told me they used Redline fluids.
    I got Redline from the one in Ashland too. But maybe they don't stock the ATF, I dunno. I had to ask for it specifically, or they would have used some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Wade was that you I waved to the other day or your doppleghanger buddy?
    I didn't see anyone waving at me in a white sedan. But sometimes I'm oblivious to anything that's not directly in front of the hoodscoop

I started a yahoo group for us

Join up, then we can all send emails to the group in one shot.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/roguesubies/

If anyone wants to demonstrate their l33t h4x0r $k1lz at web design let me know. I don't usually have enough energy to set up personal stuff after doing it at work all day long.

that would be awesome if we had our own site... ROGUE SUBIE POWER!

edit:
    ...there... no skillz, but I added a few things...
    Last edited by the_black_one; 04-29-2005 at 09:23 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    whoever it was waved back...now I feel dumb, oh well., I am dumb so no big loss haha

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    whoever it was waved back...now I feel dumb, oh well., I am dumb so no big loss haha
    Subie drivers need to unite against the evil fart can drivers anyway. One love baby. I try to wave to people in their Subies but its usually old people with white hair driving them.
    Last edited by Biggs; 04-30-2005 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Join up, then we can all send emails to the group in one shot.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/roguesubies/

If anyone wants to demonstrate their l33t h4x0r $k1lz at web design let me know. I don't usually have enough energy to set up personal stuff after doing it at work all day long.
    I updated my webpage today guys. Check it out. I got some sweet pics in the new Billings Ranch development a few doors down from my house. Great background of Grizzley Peak. Check out the videos I posted of my runs last night at the new Championship Dragway. I ran a 13.37 @ 102mph. That is my best time yet! A bunch of muscle car guys were laughing that I was wearing a helmet in a "ricer" car. (It is actually NHRA rules that you wear a helmet if you run under 14sec) After my first run they quit laughing because I ran quicker than any of them. I made some domestic muscle my Beeotch!
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

Nice vids Bob

I can understand them laughing at some cars like Civics and other japanese cars, but STi's and Evo's are not rice. They're japanese muscle and worthy of respect. The fact that they were laughing at you shows that they don't know much about cars.

Anyone have any tips on cleaning the seats? I've been told that distilled water works for some people and to some effect it does but it doesn't work well enough. My seats keep getting uglier and uglier.

Kick ass STi Bob.
    Last edited by Biggs; 04-30-2005 at 11:01 PM.