The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 77
Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1158

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Goose42 Ha! So what's the skinny on the Westside meet, Monday, where and what time? That meet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    Ha! So what's the skinny on the Westside meet, Monday, where and what time?
    That meet is every Monday at 18643 NW Eider Ct in Beaverton (in the America's Tire parking lot). Starts at 7:00PM. Usually a little smaller, but a lot of good people go there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quick question. Im moving from NY to Oregon in the fall. My WRX has some seriously dark tint on the windows. How strict are the cops out there when it comes to tint? NY just uses it as a reason to pull you over and then nails you for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
    Quick question. Im moving from NY to Oregon in the fall. My WRX has some seriously dark tint on the windows. How strict are the cops out there when it comes to tint? NY just uses it as a reason to pull you over and then nails you for something else.
    Thirty five percent is state law, but you probably will not get pulled strictly for tint. You will also find a fair number of folks that do not run front plates, and do not get pulled simply for that, including myself. Good luck with your journey!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Thanks for the info. Cant wait to get out there. I ran no front plate on my '11 Tahoe in NY (a big no no). I only got stopped once and I told them it must have just fallen off. Unfortunately, I don't have any clever excuses for window tinting.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
    So I lived in Las Vegas before moving here, and I have straight up limo tint. I've got pulled over twice and the first cop actually broke out a machine to test the darkness of my tint, and told me I should change it but just gave me a warning. He did give me a ticket for no front plate though. 2nd time I got pulled over, the cop didn't say anything about my tint. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your cool to the cops if you get pulled over. also I always roll down my windows so it's not so obvious. You're gonna love it here! Subies everywhere!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    So I lived in Las Vegas before moving here, and I have straight up limo tint. I've got pulled over twice and the first cop actually broke out a machine to test the darkness of my tint, and told me I should change it but just gave me a warning. He did give me a ticket for no front plate though. 2nd time I got pulled over, the cop didn't say anything about my tint. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your cool to the cops if you get pulled over. also I always roll down my windows so it's not so obvious. You're gonna love it here! Subies everywhere!
    Just be cool with them is key, agreed. Heres a recent adventure I had. My wife and I were heading down hwy 26 on our way to the coast, and we had reached the Coastal Range, two lane hwy at that point, with passing zones few and far between. So we have eight or so cars in front of us, and the lead car is doing 50mph in a 55mph for miles. We finally get to a passing zone, lead car pulls in to the right lane, as does everyone else, still going 50mph. So I pop in the to the left lane, and pass them all, and resume with speed control. I get to the top of the hill, and lights are blaring. I pull over and leave my car running, hands visible. The trooper said, "do you have any idea how fast you were going", I respond with "no sir, I was concentrating on the road". He then tells me I was doing 95mph, and asks why I was driving so fast, I responded with "did you see how many cars I had to pass?" He starts laughing, I show him I had my cruise set at 64mph, and turned my car off, he then starts asking questions about my car, apparently he use to own a bugeye. He told me I was the politest person he had ever pulled over for a ticket, and that he would reduce the ticket to 70mph. He gave me his name and badge number and suggested I call Astoria first thing Monday morning and ask that it be reduced. Called them up, dropped his name, and they said he had already advised in the computer system that a reduction be made to 64mph. No points on my license, and it did not hit my insurance. I had paper tags at the time, though he did not seem concerned with no front plate. Moral; not all officers are ****s, be honest, and hope for the best!

I agree, Jamie, it is beautiful here, we have lived here since 94, and would not leave for the world!

Just be cool with them is key, agreed. Heres a recent adventure I had. My wife and I were heading down hwy 26 on our way to the coast, and we had reached the Coastal Range, two lane hwy at that point, with passing zones few and far between. So we have eight or so cars in front of us, and the lead car is doing 50mph in a 55mph for miles. We finally get to a passing zone, lead car pulls in to the right lane, as does everyone else, still going 50mph. So I pop in the to the left lane, and pass them all, and resume with speed control. I get to the top of the hill, and lights are blaring. I pull over and leave my car running, hands visible. The trooper said, "do you have any idea how fast you were going", I respond with "no sir, I was concentrating on the road". He then tells me I was doing 95mph, and asks why I was driving so fast, I responded with "did you see how many cars I had to pass?" He starts laughing, I show him I had my cruise set at 64mph, and turned my car off, he then starts asking questions about my car, apparently he use to own a bugeye. He told me I was the politest person he had ever pulled over for a ticket, and that he would reduce the ticket to 70mph. He gave me his name and badge number and suggested I call Astoria first thing Monday morning and ask that it be reduced. Called them up, dropped his name, and they said he had already advised in the computer system that a reduction be made to 64mph. No points on my license, and it did not hit my insurance. I had paper tags at the time, though he did not seem concerned with no front plate. Moral; not all officers are ****s, be honest, and hope for the best!

I agree, Jamie, it is beautiful here, we have lived here since 94, and would not leave for the world!
    Great story, and I know EXACTLY what your talking about. That's my only complaint about Oregon, peeps drive so slooooow... Just like you said, they go below the speed limit for no apparent reason . And usually they drive in the left lane so you have to pass on the right . I don't know if they are afraid, trying to save gas or what!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    Great story, and I know EXACTLY what your talking about. That's my only complaint about Oregon, peeps drive so slooooow... Just like you said, they go below the speed limit for no apparent reason . And usually they drive in the left lane so you have to pass on the right . I don't know if they are afraid, trying to save gas or what!
    Probably just aren't paying attention.

I've lived in Oregon my entire life. I love it here, and the only place I'd seriously consider moving to is Kauai when I retire.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaSteve View Post
    That meet is every Monday at 18643 NW Eider Ct in Beaverton (in the America's Tire parking lot). Starts at 7:00PM. Usually a little smaller, but a lot of good people go there.
    Ah not to far from me, might have to check this out! Dying to see a 2015 in person.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Don't get me wrong, I am completely respectful to all police officers. If I do something wrong and they stop me, theyre just doing their jobs. I just don't want them to have extra incentive to stop me.

Oh no, I did not take it as such. I hear ya about giving them a reason! Obviously going 40mph over the limit was reason enough in my case. I feel very fortunate, and you should have seen the **** my wife gave me, she had no idea we were going that fast!

On my way home yesterday, bumper to bumper traffic headed up Burnside near NW 23rd, I had a silver 03 or 04 I think beside me. Young couple, girl grinning from ear to ear. You gave me a couple of revs while we were stopped. Just wondering if you are on this forum? Bottom line, your ride is sick man, good work!

Don't forget about Cars and Coffee every Saturday in Portland! 15350 SW Sequoia Parkway. 8am-11am (most people show up around 9ish). If you want a sample of what is usually there, I posted an album of pictures from last month on page 76.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaSteve View Post
    Don't forget about Cars and Coffee every Saturday in Portland! 15350 SW Sequoia Parkway. 8am-11am (most people show up around 9ish). If you want a sample of what is usually there, I posted an album of pictures from last month on page 76.
    Thanks for the reminder, I cannot make it today, over committed, but I am almost certain I will hit it next week.

Had some new cars there today. Lambo Gallardo, Audi R8 V10, BMW M4, Dodge Viper ACR (along with some other Vipers), and much, much more.