The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 74
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1168

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Sharp looking car though! Congrats! I had to walk from the 07 posted above you... Bad trans leak Sent from ...

Sharp looking car though! Congrats! I had to walk from the 07 posted above you... Bad trans leak

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    ^^Welcome! Is that Carr Subaru?

I wasn't a fan of their sales staff, but their service/parts dept is great. I bought my Outback from Lithia in Oregon City.
    It is Carr. Also wasn't initially impressed, but after going back and test driving a used STI and working with TJ, I was willing to give them a shot. He called me the morning they came in, before they were even off the truck. They had a BS markup, but we got past that pretty easily and I really had a great experience with them. I'm very surprised considering what I've heard. I think it really comes down to luck of the draw, as I had a much worse initial interaction at another area dealership that had much higher reviews on google/yelp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What up P-Town! Thread seems to be on life-support but I don't expect everyone to monitor it regularly. I've owned my 2013 STI for just over a year now and I can still say that I love it. While it's my first subie (I still got fords/chevys/muscle cars/etc., what can I say... I'm diverse) I love its heritage and uniqueness. I don't see many WRX's in portland let alone STI's. Granted we all look the same, but it's what's under the skin that counts.

Anyone else kind of annoyed that the 2015 WRX has inched closer to being an STI? (6-speed, SI-Drive, etc.) So what really set them apart now? Yes, I realize the engine and suspension is different, but I wonder where subaru is headed....

On a side note, I just participated in breaking the world record for the largest parade of Mustangs (800+). The record for Subaru's is 371 in 2013. Wondering if we can get 400+ WRX/STI's together... Tuner-fest @ woodburn anyone?

What up P-Town! Thread seems to be on life-support but I don't expect everyone to monitor it regularly. I've owned my 2013 STI for just over a year now and I can still say that I love it. While it's my first subie (I still got fords/chevys/muscle cars/etc., what can I say... I'm diverse) I love its heritage and uniqueness. I don't see many WRX's in portland let alone STI's. Granted we all look the same, but it's what's under the skin that counts.

Anyone else kind of annoyed that the 2015 WRX has inched closer to being an STI? (6-speed, SI-Drive, etc.) So what really set them apart now? Yes, I realize the engine and suspension is different, but I wonder where subaru is headed....

On a side note, I just participated in breaking the world record for the largest parade of Mustangs (800+). The record for Subaru's is 371 in 2013. Wondering if we can get 400+ WRX/STI's together... Tuner-fest @ woodburn anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk_rocker View Post

FYI SI drive is only for the shift modes on the CVT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't see many WRX's in portland let alone STI's.
    Then your clearly aren't paying attention

WRXs and STIs are everywhere around Portland, unless you live in the inner city, maybe. Then it's hipsters in beat up GLs or Legacy wagons.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Ok, let me clarify that. I can't drive down the road without seeing an Outback, RAM truck, Honda Accord, SUV of some kind... But I can go for miles before seeing another WRX. The point being that we're somewhat exclusive and don't fit the mold of the average driver.

Regular Car Reviews: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX - YouTube

I kinda want my 3 minutes back after watching that video....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need thicker skin. You got to be able to laugh at yourself every now and then. I'm guessing you're not a fan of Portlandia either...

Heh no, it was ment to just simply poke fun at the vid... I am very rarely a stuck up yuppy....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you need thicker skin. You got to be able to laugh at yourself every now and then. I'm guessing you're not a fan of Portlandia either...
    Meh, I don't think that regular car review guy is as funny as he thinks he is. I mostly agree with his statements, but just haven't found any of his reviews all that funny (for any car he's done). I had the same opinion as havokk. I'm not offended, it just isn't funny to me. \_(ツ)_/

Portlandia, on the other hand, is hilarious. My in laws have been extras on the show a couple times. My mother in law was one of the cyclist protesters in this sketch.

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but oh well.

Saw a DGM 15 WRX tonight crossing the Fremont Bridge going west, drove beside you for a while, don't think you probably noticed me until I pulled ahead. I was in the GBP 2015 WRX. The DGM still had a temp plate and Royal Moore plate holders.

Also, there is a beautiful WRB 2014 WRX hatch in my garage, still has the Wentworth plates on and a Timbers sticker on the back.

If either of the owners happen to be on here just wanted to say you have some sharp looking rides!

Today I saw a my first 15 STI cruising down TV highway in beaverton, near CARR Subaru, it was silver and beautiful! Looks much better in person...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Hey all im new here Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1963.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	148065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1966.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	148073but not new to subies, wife has an 05 LGT (stock), 99 outback b4 that. I just picked up a 2002 automatic wrx cobb tuned, 3" turboback, PRE intake, AEM wide band, AEM truboost: off=stock, a=13-14psi, b=17-18psi, lowered on eibachs. Car is great it just sat for over a year b4 I got it and someone bolted an STI wing to the trunk without sealing the hole so I have mold/mildew issues. In the process of stripping out the interior and cleaning it and may redo the seats and carpet at some point (I do custom auto upholstery on the side). I am new to tuning and this is my first modified modern car ( owned several datsuns) so any useful info you guys and gals have please feel free to offer advice.

He PNW. New member here just saying hi. Here's our '13 WRX. RA mudflaps and a Magnaflow cat back for the time being. Going to Oregon Trail Rally has me itching to do more with the car, but all in due time!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.