The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 72
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 226263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1158

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So got my first speeding ticket in Oregon on the 217 in Tigard. I was going 72 in a 55 ...

Got my first speeding ticket in Oregon

So got my first speeding ticket in Oregon on the 217 in Tigard. I was going 72 in a 55 and it's a $160 ticket. What's funny is, it's rare you can even go 55mph on this highway the traffic is so bad. Anyhow, wondering if anyone knows of a good/cheap traffic lawyer in the Portland area? or if I can go to traffic school or whatever? Really don't want my insurance to go up.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    So got my first speeding ticket in Oregon on the 217 in Tigard. I was going 72 in a 55 and it's a $160 ticket. What's funny is, it's rare you can even go 55mph on this highway the traffic is so bad. Anyhow, wondering if anyone knows of a good/cheap traffic lawyer in the Portland area? or if I can go to traffic school or whatever? Really don't want my insurance to go up.
    How did you even get up to 72 on 217? That's like the most clogged up highway in Oregon. You might be able to go to traffic school. I've always just paid the tickets, and have been lucky enough not to see my rates increase. I've never considered a traffic lawyer worth the expense for a simple moving violation.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    How did you even get up to 72 on 217? That's like the most clogged up highway in Oregon. You might be able to go to traffic school. I've always just paid the tickets, and have been lucky enough not to see my rates increase. I've never considered a traffic lawyer worth the expense for a simple moving violation.
    Yeah I know that's next to impossible... It was in the middle of the afternoon so no traffic, and I guess I got lucky...Whats worse I was heading to do volunteer work... I moved here from Las Vegas a few years ago, and there I had a lawyer I'd pay $50 too, and get the ticket cut in half and reduced to a parking ticket. Was hoping to find something like that here, but maybe I'll just have to pay it.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

Registered User Jables_WRX_Junki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Yeah, you should research here and on Nasioc. Lots of info on why the ecu and manual boost controllers don't get along.

Happy tuning.

T.J.
    Actually, I have had a Grimmspeed MBC that has had zero issues. Set @16psi as my max. NEVER goes past. Very good MOD for cheap, although I am considering running a hybrid Boost control system and add the 3 port grimmspeed electronic boost control solenoid since I hear its much better and more accurate

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jables_WRX_Junki View Post
    Actually, I have had a Grimmspeed MBC that has had zero issues. Set @16psi as my max. NEVER goes past. Very good MOD for cheap, although I am considering running a hybrid Boost control system and add the 3 port grimmspeed electronic boost control solenoid since I hear its much better and more accurate
    Yeah, but a MBC is removing ALL ECU control of the turbo. If something goes wrong with the turbo, the ECU will have no way to cut boost. Personally, I'd rather not do that.

You're right about the hybrid setup, though. Properly tuned, it provides the best attributes of ECU and manual control without the drawbacks (at least none reported so far).
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Registered User Jables_WRX_Junki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Yeah, but a MBC is removing ALL ECU control of the turbo. If something goes wrong with the turbo, the ECU will have no way to cut boost. Personally, I'd rather not do that.

You're right about the hybrid setup, though. Properly tuned, it provides the best attributes of ECU and manual control without the drawbacks (at least none reported so far).
    I see what your sayin. But I geuss I see it as I have a good quality boost gauge ( defi ) , and can tell if the turbo is not boosting properly, plus I had issue with boost creep at one point and I would get fuel cut off to keep from damaging. But all in all, ive already decided to run the 3 port EBCS. But, I have had my MBC installed for over a year and have not had any issues besides the boost creep thing and I had it re tuned and fixed up. I spool extremely quick and holds solid.

Hey! New to the Club, Im Kevin and I drive a black 06 WRX in Portland!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye26 View Post
    Hey! New to the Club, Im Kevin and I drive a black 06 WRX in Portland!
    Welcome aboard Kevin!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Greetings from across the river. I just bought my first Subie, a '14 DGM WRX hatch on New Years Eve. I think this is the start of a beautiful relationship.

Just saw a super nice bagged subie at Oreilly's in cedar hills. Idk if the owner is on here but I just came in to buy oil in an Orange shirt! If you see this, nice car!

Already posted in the new member section but thought I'd say hi here too. Just bought a 2010 OBP wrx hatch.

Soo... Just entired the 217 freeway following a red RS... I hope your on here dude I wanna know what kind of exhaust you're running! That thing was a monster!

Go Go Seahawks!!! 12th Man Stand Up!

Sent From My Nexus 7
    Peep The RA Build RS25 Journal or Type-RA Journal

Little morning cruise on 217 with a black STi hatch. I was a little late waving back cuz I was changing the station but nice car man!

What time today? I was on 217 a few times in a black hatch, not an STi.