The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 70
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1151

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; LOL thats completely inaccurate. What are you eventually going to be driving on........the road...........what are you not going to be ...

Registered User Jables_WRX_Junki's Avatar
    LOL thats completely inaccurate. What are you eventually going to be driving on........the road...........what are you not going to be driving on.........a dyno. I geuss i would just assume someone manually tuning your A/F Ratio, Timing, in all situations from 0 RPM - 6000 RPM , up hill down hill , cornering , rolling take offs. lol and he use to rent out the DYNO at pre, but has stopped doing that for whatever reason....lol.. Like i said though, im not doubting bobbys professionalism at all. OBVIOUSlY he has many many references and satisfied customers. Im not putting down PRE in any way. All im saying is all your realistically gaining with a dyno tune is your chart after words with your hp and torque curve, But for 60 bucks, i can go run my car on a dyno and get the same thing after paying half of what dyno tunes cost. This guy isnt no rook or newb. Hes extremely knowledgable and has been building successful engine and trannys for subies for decades. labor is $70.00 an hour. He has many many videos of subie builds and tunes. I will say this, and obviously your not going to believe me but i know of atleast 3 guys that have came to HMS ( horizontal motor sports) reqeusting either they build a new motor since they had blown there motors with such an aggressive tune without putting in to mind a. the life of the engine and condition b. age of turbo,size,condition c. supporting mods QUALITY. or for the higher HP, more power capable subies, requesting more power since they felt like could some how produce more, but just was not seeing it. They have continued to see steve not just because he is good at what he does, but more than anything he cares about your car and keeping it in good running condition. Like i said before hes been a Subaru Tech for decades and is by far noted as someone who takes a program, plugs it, tweaks it, your done. But i know Bobby is been at it just as long and is definetly made a name for himself. So no hard feelings, im not trying to say one is neccessarily better than the other, but both has its pros and cons and is all PERSONAL PREFERENCE.
    Last edited by Jables_WRX_Junki; 02-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last edited by Jables_WRX_Junki; 02-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Last edited by Jables_WRX_Junki; 02-11-2013 at 10:47 AM.

I Support ClubWRX

The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jables_WRX_Junki View Post
    Um im sorry, but where exactly did i post about street racing lol?! I don't see it anywhere in any of my posts. If you are referring to the post about "road tunes", all the tunes are done on a privately owned street. So i am pretty sure that if it is there property, they can do as they wish, and again, he is not "racing" anyone. Ecspecially in other peoples cars. I do not condone street racing, or even reminiscing about street racing for that matter. If i am missing something here, please bring to my attention.
    The post I edited had people's names and talked about street racing. One Evo claimed having x amount of HP but another Evo won the race with x amount of HP.

The rules are simple, follow them or log yourself off the site.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

o, sorry man, i honestly did not even think about that. My sincere apology...........

I Support ClubWRX

The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!!

o, sorry man, i honestly did not even think about that. My sincere apology...........
    Sounds sarcastic, but I'll take it. Thanks for posting.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Whats up guys. New to the Subie community here. I'm mobbin a 2011 WRX Hatch out near North plains. If your out in the area flag me down always good to meet fellow enthusiasts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-16 14.19.34.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	111981

I have heard good thing about PRE, I would also recommend looking into Torqued Performance. He just moved up to the Portland area a few months back, but he has lots of tuning experience and is a lot cheaper than most places I have looked into. He also has off the shelf maps that you can flash open source or with a Cobb AP.

Right now I am running mostly stock, so I'm just rockin off the shelf maps myself.

Any of you guys installed the Lamin-X headlight/taillight overlays before? I have a set for my taillights I ordered, but I hear there a PITA to install. lol Would gladly take any tips or advise before attempting to install them myself.

New to forum and Subaru....looking for tuner or enthusiast local to Beaverton or Portland area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Check out HMS ( Horizontal Motorsports) in tualitin. You will not be disappointed. Ask for Steve, tell him what you want, and your golden.

Check out HMS ( Horizontal Motorsports) in tualitin. You will not be disappointed. Ask for Steve, tell him what you want, and your golden.
    awesome...thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdslogic View Post
    New to forum and Subaru....looking for tuner or enthusiast local to Beaverton or Portland area.

There's also Cobb Surgeline. Cobb Tuning Surgeline
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    There's also Cobb Surgeline. Cobb Tuning Surgeline
    I have Cobb marked as a favorite already and figure I will go there one I am able to start tuning.....fire now I just need to know the car is running as expected and there are no issues to be aware of....unless they can tell that as well

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdslogic View Post
    I have Cobb marked as a favorite already and figure I will go there one I am able to start tuning.....fire now I just need to know the car is running as expected and there are no issues to be aware of....unless they can tell that as well

Cobb can do a relatively inexpensive "pre-dyno" inspection to make sure the car is squared away prior to tuning. They are a full service Subaru shop, so they can either make the repairs (for $$$$$) or you can take it elsewhere and come back.

Let's also not forget PRE in North Portland near PDX. PRE is a really great shop, has years of Subaru experience, and is also a vendor for Clubwrx. Check them out here on the vendor forum.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow... I missed a lot and have not posted here in a while!! Hi !!

Welcome to all the new Subie peeps!

Please come out and checkout PRE's new location. 13339 NE Airport way. Bobby has been tuning since 2004, he is full of knowledge and has done all the work to our Subarus. We now own 3. Bobby isn't limited to just tuning Subarus but all makes and different Engine Management systems.

Well, I hope you all are enjoying the forum! We're all pretty cool here
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES