The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 59
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I have 15% all around and its perfect. I had limo on my 07' silverado and I will never do ...

I have 15% all around and its perfect. I had limo on my 07' silverado and I will never do that again. It was so hard to see out at night.10-15% is just right

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared77 View Post
    I have 15% all around and its perfect. I had limo on my 07' silverado and I will never do that again. It was so hard to see out at night.10-15% is just right
    nice where ya get it done and how much?

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSilver View Post
    I recommend Highline Customs. Extremely fast service and great work! I have a friends and family cards from them too. Here is mine. Also a 5 door with 4wd in Oregon qualifies as a suv. Tint as dark as you like on the back windows.

Very nice!!!!!! Looks good!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    Very nice!!!!!! Looks good!
    Thanks! All I need is a tune now. I will probably stop by they shop at the beginning of the year when I get some funds together again.
    06 STI CGM -Current-
    10 STI-SE DGM -SOLD-
    04 WRX PSM -SOLD-
    Blobeye Syndicate #88

Tires in Portland?

Hey Oregon peeps! I'm moving from Las Vegas to Portland, Jan/Feb 2011. What kind of tires are you guys using in Portland? Right now I still have my stock 09 WRX tires, that have 27k miles. I'm debating if I should get some performance all season tires before I head up there. I'm a skier and a hiker, and I'm planning on a lot of exploring, so I'm guessing summer tires won't cut it.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    Hey Oregon peeps! I'm moving from Las Vegas to Portland, Jan/Feb 2011. What kind of tires are you guys using in Portland? Right now I still have my stock 09 WRX tires, that have 27k miles. I'm debating if I should get some performance all season tires before I head up there. I'm a skier and a hiker, and I'm planning on a lot of exploring, so I'm guessing summer tires won't cut it.
    Definately need to get some all season tires, even in the summer it rains and we really have some wierd weather up here, im currently running the goodyear eagle f1 and couldnt be happier, ive tried to loose controll( in parking lots and what not) and ill start to slip maybe a lil but awd kicks in and these shoes hold on tight , ive taken to the MT. and on cold night snow still held strong, although i would rather have a nice set of winter tires just for that the all seasons do fine

I just bought a 2011 wrx that comes with dunlop summer tires and so far they've been fine even when pushing the car. We did have a week recently of freezing temps with little moisture and they were fine. U will need different tires for the mtn for sure though. On my previous wrx's I had a seperate set of rims with snow tires on them. They were so much fun in snow or ice. They did ok in rain or dry, but definately have to drive normal on them. If ur gonna have only one set all seasons should b fine, but there are times at the mtn where the law requires snow tires or chains which u can't put on the subie.

I Support ClubWRX
    Whattup portlanders? I'll be in Sherwood the 18th-20th ill be in my 07 Wrx

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    I just bought a 2011 wrx that comes with dunlop summer tires and so far they've been fine even when pushing the car. We did have a week recently of freezing temps with little moisture and they were fine. U will need different tires for the mtn for sure though. On my previous wrx's I had a seperate set of rims with snow tires on them. They were so much fun in snow or ice. They did ok in rain or dry, but definately have to drive normal on them. If ur gonna have only one set all seasons should b fine, but there are times at the mtn where the law requires snow tires or chains which u can't put on the subie.
    I've been doing lots of searching, and it looks like the Continental DWS are going to be winners for me. The price is right, and all the reviews I read were pretty good. I'll probably go with 245/40 17's. I was wondering about chains, I couldn't use them on all 4 tires?

Continental ExtremeContact DWS
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

Absoloutly no chains on any amount of tires or tires with uneven tread ie: different brands or different used milege tires. It will burn up the diffs that give a constant 50/50 awd. If u ever need the spare drive as little as possible. Should b in the manual. Also if towed, it has to be a flat bed and not two tires up and two on the ground rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    Absoloutly no chains on any amount of tires or tires with uneven tread ie: different brands or different used milege tires. It will burn up the diffs that give a constant 50/50 awd. If u ever need the spare drive as little as possible. Should b in the manual. Also if towed, it has to be a flat bed and not two tires up and two on the ground rolling.
    Ah, OK. Do you know of any "meets" in Portland? When I get out there, I won't know anybody, would be cool to meet some other Subaru peeps.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    I've been doing lots of searching, and it looks like the Continental DWS are going to be winners for me. The price is right, and all the reviews I read were pretty good. I'll probably go with 245/40 17's. I was wondering about chains, I couldn't use them on all 4 tires?

Continental ExtremeContact DWS
    You can use cable chains on the front but you have to keep the speed to 20mph and below. It should be stated in the owners manual.

Best option would be a nice winter tire. I have used my summer tires in the snow I can drive good with them just stopping is the problem.

Ah, OK. Do you know of any "meets" in Portland? When I get out there, I won't know anybody, would be cool to meet some other Subaru peeps.
    I have not seen many meets happen on these forums for a long time (someone correct me if I am wrong) activity here is very minimal compared to what it used to be.
    06 STI CGM -Current-
    10 STI-SE DGM -SOLD-
    04 WRX PSM -SOLD-
    Blobeye Syndicate #88

We were talking about meeting up in this thread much like my motorcycle groups, but I've been so busy with work I haven't posted one up and nobody else either. Still want to if work will slow up. Pdx is a fun town. Lotsa stuff to do. When I moved from LA I was cold for a yr, and still get sick of the rain lol

I Support ClubWRX
    A bunch of people went to Toys for Tots Fun Run last weekend. I went with my "Option5" buddies, but haven't seen a ClubWRX-specific meet in some time.

It would be great to meet some of the WRX owners around me. I live less than 1 mile from PDXTuning and Surgeline, so you'd think I'd see more subie's around...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    A bunch of people went to Toys for Tots Fun Run last weekend. I went with my "Option5" buddies, but haven't seen a ClubWRX-specific meet in some time.

It would be great to meet some of the WRX owners around me. I live less than 1 mile from PDXTuning and Surgeline, so you'd think I'd see more subie's around...
    Well lets stop just talkin bout it ha ha, im down for a meet almost any weekend, we were talkin bout a coffe or burger type meet just to see how many ppl are serious enough or can make it then go from there , im thinking nice windy runs or somethin to that effect

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.