The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 58
Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1108

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Never thought of it before, but a mtn meet for subies is a good idea, and if no one shows, ...

  1. #856
    Registered User Trunkmonkey56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    233
    Never thought of it before, but a mtn meet for subies is a good idea, and if no one shows, I can still have fun while up there. I can't make it in the snow on stock 2011 rims and tires though. Id love to find some 02-03 wrx rims for cheap. One way or the other we'll get something goin soon. Far as riding goes, I know many riders who just don't like the rain for reasons and experiances u mentioned. I gotta say though, this new subie is so much fun in the rain. I may not be ridding in the wet much this season. I have a buddy who is a dirtbiker, who just got his first street bike. His balences is excellent, but his skill at speed is not. He bought a fast bike (R1) that I tried to inform him against. Slow speed manuvers, and wheelies, or general riding is no prob for him due to dirt experiance. Once at speed he apexes to early, goes into turns to fast, brakes late, and I can c moments of panic. He is ok most of the time, but c these probs only when he picks up the pace. I'm not his daddy and just do the best I can to help him. Anyway I would recomend a 650 twin like the suzuki sv or kawi ninja for u. It has good linear power that is easy to learn to manage. It is much like the WRX. A car that is too sporty maybe for a brand new driver, but not so sharp as to get a driver into trouble and maybe cover some mistakes when trying to learn to drive fast. These bikes also make way more low end trq at the expense of upper hp much like the wrx. This makes the bike managable and fun. The R1 my buddy bought is too fast, breaks to hard, and steers to sharp. Its like learning to drive fast on a dodge viper or something. Not recomended.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #857
    Registered User KnightFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    salem, oregon
    Posts
    284
    dsquared77 Quote:
    I'm down for a meet that'd be awesome. Anybody going to the MT. Hood Rally tomorrow?
    Sweet lets get something together; Wish i would of known bout the mthood rally i would of played hookie but now stuck at work

    Trunkmonkey56 Quote: Never thought of it before, but a mtn meet for subies is a good idea, and if no one shows, I can still have fun while up there. I can't make it in the snow on stock 2011 rims and tires though. Id love to find some 02-03 wrx rims for cheap.
    Yeh a mtn run has been on my mind for a while, when the pass is clear its an awesome drive up that way, i think you would be fine on stock shoes maybe chains if it gets rough but last year i had no issues at all, We have awesome traction
    I say we get something started ha ha


    650 twin like the suzuki sv or kawi ninja for u. It has good linear power that is easy to learn to manage. It is much like the WRX.
    OOOOO i like lol, thanx for the recomondation ill do some research and see what fits me best

  4. #858
    Registered User TrueSilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    When u get tuned let me know!!!! I haven't seen you in a few years lol. You still live out in the boonies? Lol
    Yup still out here, still sucks here too. I will definitely let you know, I need my car running right after I put all my parts on. Maybe next month or the following, waiting on some funds that are taking forever to get to me
    06 STI CGM -Current-
    10 STI-SE DGM -SOLD-
    04 WRX PSM -SOLD-
    Blobeye Syndicate #88

  5. #859
    Registered User Trunkmonkey56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    233
    Didn't know bout the rally tmrw which I can't make. Heard snow down to 4000 ft this weekend which would be on the mtn. Stock dunlop summer tires on the 11 will not handle any snow from what I've read. Also chains are a no no from my past reading with my older WRX's unless somethings changed. Riding motorcycles has shown me awesome roads that are prob less policed than mt hood. I was thinking of getting started with a coffee meet first to see who shows, and then meet for drives and stuff later. One of the guys I ride with drives a M3, and they meet for long drives all the time. Would be tons of fun. They run roads that bikes ride.

  6. #860
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    Didn't know bout the rally tmrw which I can't make. Heard snow down to 4000 ft this weekend which would be on the mtn. Stock dunlop summer tires on the 11 will not handle any snow from what I've read. Also chains are a no no from my past reading with my older WRX's unless somethings changed. Riding motorcycles has shown me awesome roads that are prob less policed than mt hood. I was thinking of getting started with a coffee meet first to see who shows, and then meet for drives and stuff later. One of the guys I ride with drives a M3, and they meet for long drives all the time. Would be tons of fun. They run roads that bikes ride.
    Sounds good to me, meet up for some much needed caffeine then head out.

  7. #861
    Registered User KnightFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    salem, oregon
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    I was thinking of getting started with a coffee meet first to see who shows, and then meet for drives and stuff later.
    Sounds good to me! it is a bit frustrating when ppl dont show, i agree on doin just a coffe meet to see who is gonna hold to their word

  8. #862
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightFury View Post
    Sounds good to me! it is a bit frustrating when ppl dont show, i agree on doin just a coffe meet to see who is gonna hold to their word
    Yeah I can imagine that getting pretty annoying. I'm game though.

  9. #863
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13

    Hood

    Took a drive to Mt Hood yesterday to see how the snow was accumulating and to get out of the city. Had my Nikon D-60 with me and took a few pics with some different settings and thought I'd share the tint job that I had done on my wrx a couple weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 55952_1442017613180_1315271801_31053009_3690988_o.jpg   55952_1442017653181_1315271801_31053010_3727936_o.jpg  

  10. #864
    Registered User BenS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by dsquared77 View Post
    Took a drive to Mt Hood yesterday to see how the snow was accumulating and to get out of the city. Had my Nikon D-60 with me and took a few pics with some different settings and thought I'd share the tint job that I had done on my wrx a couple weeks ago.
    Looks nice, where did you get your work done? I need to tint my windows and smoke my tails too... the clear tails on the hatch just bother me for some reason.
    STINK-EYE MOB #15 ||

  11. #865
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by BenS View Post
    Looks nice, where did you get your work done? I need to tint my windows and smoke my tails too... the clear tails on the hatch just bother me for some reason.
    Thankyou.

    Got my work done at Tommy's Tint
    915 SE 12th Ave
    Portland, OR 97214
    (503) 963-8468

    They do great work. 2nd vehicle they've done of mine and always quality service. How do you like your 5 door? I kept going back and forth but in the end stuck with the 4 door, just appeals to me more.
    Last edited by dsquared77; 11-01-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: forgot to thank for the props

  12. #866
    Registered User TrueSilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by BenS View Post
    Looks nice, where did you get your work done? I need to tint my windows and smoke my tails too... the clear tails on the hatch just bother me for some reason.
    I recommend Highline Customs. Extremely fast service and great work! I have a friends and family cards from them too. Here is mine. Also a 5 door with 4wd in Oregon qualifies as a suv. Tint as dark as you like on the back windows.



    Last edited by TrueSilver; 11-03-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    06 STI CGM -Current-
    10 STI-SE DGM -SOLD-
    04 WRX PSM -SOLD-
    Blobeye Syndicate #88

  13. #867
    Registered User Trunkmonkey56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    233
    Ill second Tommy's. Had my 03 and 06wrx's tinted legal there with documentation of legal tint, and lifetime warrenty. If something goes wrong with the tint he'll fix for free. He does tint for the car dealers around there, but its been many yrs since I had mine done. I'll probably go back for my 2011

  14. #868
    Registered User KnightFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    salem, oregon
    Posts
    284
    Any one know the legal limit ? im currently sittin at 30% on all 4 windows and a little lighter in the rear and wanna go alot darker, limo status if possible, can we get away w/ that up here on all 4 and rear?

  15. #869
    Registered User TrueSilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightFury View Post
    Any one know the legal limit ? im currently sittin at 30% on all 4 windows and a little lighter in the rear and wanna go alot darker, limo status if possible, can we get away w/ that up here on all 4 and rear?
    Legal limit is 35% or 30% I cannot remember, however I have always went with 20% on all my cars. Mine currently is a little darker then that.
    I do not recommend going to 5% (limo) It is extremely hard to see out of at night and would defiantly attract more attention to you.
    It all depends on where you live and drive and the law enforcement, some care some do not.
    06 STI CGM -Current-
    10 STI-SE DGM -SOLD-
    04 WRX PSM -SOLD-
    Blobeye Syndicate #88

  16. #870
    Registered User KnightFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    salem, oregon
    Posts
    284
    TrueSilver Quote:
    I do not recommend going to 5% (limo) It is extremely hard to see out of at night and would defiantly attract more attention to you.
    It all depends on where you live and drive and the law enforcement, some care some do not.
    Quite true would rater see where im goin than no-one see me lol and i love to night drive, never had a car w/ tint so havin the 30% i have now is awesome but want to try 20%, been in limo's before but attention wasnt really focused on the window tint if ya know what i mean lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •