The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 57
Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1158

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Sup. I had an 03 bugeye, then a 06wrx untill a deer took it out. Just bought a 2011 wrx ...

  1. #841
    Registered User Trunkmonkey56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    233
    Sup. I had an 03 bugeye, then a 06wrx untill a deer took it out. Just bought a 2011 wrx and man do I love it. Stock it feels at least as fast if not faster than both my previous cars at stg 2, and handles better than the 06 that had sti suspension. By far the best wrx made . I belong to a local motorcycle group in portland, and get togethers are tons of fun. We should have meets if there arnt any already.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #842
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Camp Pendleton, Portland OR
    Posts
    72
    i miss oregon!

  4. #843
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    Sup. I had an 03 bugeye, then a 06wrx untill a deer took it out. Just bought a 2011 wrx and man do I love it. Stock it feels at least as fast if not faster than both my previous cars at stg 2, and handles better than the 06 that had sti suspension. By far the best wrx made . I belong to a local motorcycle group in portland, and get togethers are tons of fun. We should have meets if there arnt any already.
    Sucks about the deer man. I have a silver 11' also. I just got the windows tinted and the tail lights tinted and I love it. Car is rediculous. I was wondering the same thing about the meets. What kind of motorcycle do you have?

  5. #844
    Registered User TrueSilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    That would be dave. He has a custom exhaust bobby built @ PRE!!! Single exhaust with a tanabe muffler.
    It sounded good really deep. I was gonna get a custom exhaust but I seen invidia has a single exit I might go with that. I do want a tune after I get everything put on. I was extremely happy with my last wrx that bobby tuned.
    06 STI CGM -Current-
    10 STI-SE DGM -SOLD-
    04 WRX PSM -SOLD-
    Blobeye Syndicate #88

  6. #845
    Registered User Trunkmonkey56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    233
    When the deer took out my car, I decided to get my first motorcycle...a sv650s 2006. I've been riding it yr round with no car for the last 3 yrs. Great bike, that has been easy to learn to ride fast on. I love to track the bike, so don't see myself tracking the car cept for maybe an auto x here or there. Do u ride? Ill do like I do on the moto forum and just post up a meet sometime, and c who shows

  7. #846
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    When the deer took out my car, I decided to get my first motorcycle...a sv650s 2006. I've been riding it yr round with no car for the last 3 yrs. Great bike, that has been easy to learn to ride fast on. I love to track the bike, so don't see myself tracking the car cept for maybe an auto x here or there. Do u ride? Ill do like I do on the moto forum and just post up a meet sometime, and c who shows
    Good choice for your first bike. Those are pretty reliable and easy to learn to ride. Yeah I have a 2008 Yamaha R6 Raven Edition. I rarely ride due to time constraints but I love it. Such an amazing bike. What moto forum? PNW Riders? This is my first Subaru and damn is all I have to say. The WRX comes packaged with so much for such an inexpensive price. I couldn't justify spending almost 10k more on an STI as a daily driver for 40 more horsepower and adjustable power displacement to the drivetrain. I'd definitely show up for a meet I think that'd be pretty cool.

  8. #847
    Registered User Trunkmonkey56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    233
    Yeah love the bike. Mod the suspension, and no bike will lose me on the street unless piloted by a better rider. I love the R6, just doesn't fit me. Yeah PNW riders is the forum I frequent. Lotsa good people there. Got my girl a ninja 650 this spring for her first bike and she's doin great. Ill post somethin up for a meet if someone doesn't beat me to it. I'm trunkmonkey on pnw if u wanna look me up there

  9. #848
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    Yeah love the bike. Mod the suspension, and no bike will lose me on the street unless piloted by a better rider. I love the R6, just doesn't fit me. Yeah PNW riders is the forum I frequent. Lotsa good people there. Got my girl a ninja 650 this spring for her first bike and she's doin great. Ill post somethin up for a meet if someone doesn't beat me to it. I'm trunkmonkey on pnw if u wanna look me up there
    Nice. Yeah I've been riding since I was 3 years old and love life on 2 wheels. Busy career and other hobbies keep me from riding very much. Should of took advantage of the nice weather recently to ride and take pics of my WRX but didn't. I haven't been on PNW in a long time, I'll have to take a look around. Thats awesome that she rides.

  10. #849
    Registered User TrueSilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    171
    how and why do you ride in the rain? I ran into so many bad drivers in the summer, I cannot imagine in the rain. My first bike was a 954RR it is all about self control, I had it for 2 years then sold it. Bikes are fun but having metal around me makes me feel safer, drivers here pay no attention to bikes
    06 STI CGM -Current-
    10 STI-SE DGM -SOLD-
    04 WRX PSM -SOLD-
    Blobeye Syndicate #88

  11. #850
    Registered User Trunkmonkey56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    233
    Well I ride in the rain for a few reasons. I'm a nut and love riding. If I don't ride, I start to crave it. Also, riding in the rain can be fun. I love the smells and cool weather that u don't get in the summer. I don't commute on the bike, so other cars arnt as much of a big deal, but ur right, they don't c u, and I feel much safer with metal around me. Rain riding is also about self control no matter how much power u have. I've explored the limits of traction, and lean angle in the rain. Bottom line, riding all yr in the rain made me a better rider faster. Not everyone likes it. My sportbike even has an ugly hard case on the tail cause its water proof and holds a ton of crap.

  12. #851
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSilver View Post
    how and why do you ride in the rain? I ran into so many bad drivers in the summer, I cannot imagine in the rain. My first bike was a 954RR it is all about self control, I had it for 2 years then sold it. Bikes are fun but having metal around me makes me feel safer, drivers here pay no attention to bikes
    Oh I don't like riding in the rain what so ever. I've ridden in it twice and I hate it. Got caught in bad thunderstorms both times 50 miles away from home. Yeah I stomped a size 12 boot in the hood of some ladies car and left a nice dent in it. Reminding her to get off her cell phone while driving and pay attention to her surroundings. She ran a stop sign and almost hit me. I swerved out of the way and swerved back and stomped on her hood. I was freaked out and pissed. People pay no attention to their surroundings. Lots of bad drivers out there.

  13. #852
    Registered User KnightFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    salem, oregon
    Posts
    284
    Trunkmonkey56 Sup. I had an 03 bugeye, then a 06wrx untill a deer took it out
    I hate thoes damn deer, i ran into a ditch in my 03 (fault of a deer) not much damage but controll arm, good excuse for full new suspension spring/strut, poly bushings, endlinks and so on.. extremly responsive now

    Im down here in SO_LAME (Salem) and would be down for a meet, i got a couple buddies in pdx w/ sti/wrx as well.. We should set somethin up, Trip to the mountain when the season starts or somethin,

    Iv'e tried to set up a few meets but ppl down here are so damn flaky it gets annoying then ya just sittin in a random parkinglot waiting for no-one lol

    i love it a lil more north and plan on moving to tualitan/beaverton asap

  14. #853
    Registered User KnightFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    salem, oregon
    Posts
    284
    really been lookin for a good street bike as well, use to do motox until i broke my femer and only hopped on the 250xr(huge for me when i was 11 lol) a few times since but haven gotten on a bike in many many years and can feel tho longing in my loins..
    Whats a good starter bike?

  15. #854

    Princess Moderator

    03WRX_YELLOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Gresham, Oregon
    Posts
    14,843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSilver View Post
    It sounded good really deep. I was gonna get a custom exhaust but I seen invidia has a single exit I might go with that. I do want a tune after I get everything put on. I was extremely happy with my last wrx that bobby tuned.
    When u get tuned let me know!!!! I haven't seen you in a few years lol. You still live out in the boonies? Lol
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

    BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

  16. #855
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightFury View Post
    I hate thoes damn deer, i ran into a ditch in my 03 (fault of a deer) not much damage but controll arm, good excuse for full new suspension spring/strut, poly bushings, endlinks and so on.. extremly responsive now

    Im down here in SO_LAME (Salem) and would be down for a meet, i got a couple buddies in pdx w/ sti/wrx as well.. We should set somethin up, Trip to the mountain when the season starts or somethin,

    Iv'e tried to set up a few meets but ppl down here are so damn flaky it gets annoying then ya just sittin in a random parkinglot waiting for no-one lol

    i love it a lil more north and plan on moving to tualitan/beaverton asap
    I'm down for a meet that'd be awesome. Anybody going to the MT. Hood Rally tomorrow?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •