The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 52
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 thanks for the quick response! i thought that sti was like subaru's version of TRD for ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
    thanks for the quick response! i thought that sti was like subaru's version of TRD for their cars. so you could get a wrx by itself without the sti package? im guessing its called? any idea on what a 05-07 costs?
    Yes 02-03 WRX only

04 was the first year of the STi.. Kinda a lame version deffinately worth finding an 05+ if possible.

05 was the same body as the 04 technically but a little better lot of bugs worked out.

06 was a body change went ugly imo also has a different turbo.

07 stayed the same as the 06 but they had a different turbo.

08 is another different body that just got fugly.

2005 the WRX used a 2.0 liter motor

In 2006 the wrx upgraded to a 2.5 liter motor and really good brakes.

2007 wrx stayed pretty much the same as the 06.

2008 wrx body changed and brakes went back to crap.

09 the wrx has a few options... The wrx upgraded the turbo giving 265 hp but stayed with the 5 speed trans and crappy brakes. You can also purchase a WRX GT which is basically the same as the 08 WRX (227 hp)

Prices really vary on mileage, year, location and blah blah best to check out New Cars, Used Cars, Blue Book Values & Car Prices - Kelley Blue Book

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver2010 View Post
    Actually, South-Southeast Portland, over on the border between Clackamas and Portland. A couple of minutes from Clackamas Town Center. I hope you guys keep me in mind if there's a local get-together. My car is stock with the exception of mudflaps as of right now, but I'd love to learn more about what people do to their cars and whatnot.
    Maybe I can get a small get together going if you'd like...We can meet up at PRE in Portland. Off 181st and Division st. Let me know if weekends are okay? Sat night for Dinner and some chatting? You can meet some of our Car Club members
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

portland,Or and Subaru's are like peanut butter and Jelly

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonman1111 View Post
    portland,Or and Subaru's are like peanut butter and Jelly
    yup, goes hand and hand... LOL

You in portland too?
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

Yup....Near Tualatin if u know where that is.....Ive been dreaming about buying an 05 wrx wagon/ then doing a full sti swap taking it to Mt.hood and playing in the snow/ dirt....if only the economy was better

What's up Oregonians. Going to be comming home for a few weeks this summer to visit the family and go to a buddies wedding in Eugene. Tentative dates are Aug 10-28th. Curious if there are any drives that are usually scheduled around that time of year or any regular meets happening in Southern Oregon (from Klamath Falls). I sold my bugeye after owning it for a year and am concentrating on the 08. Got the ok from the wife to do a VF52 swap amongst a few other things. Just waiting on taxes. So hopefully that will be complete come this summer.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

suspension help...

I have a 2003 wrx and I know Jen has Endura-Techs on her Forester so I got that covered but my issue is trying to find a good comfertable coilover for dd. I would be willing to do springs/strut but the wheel gap in the front drives me crazy! So if anyone knows of a good spring strut set up that combats the front fender gap unlike the majority of the springs out there please let me know. Also I'm lookin for someone that has Stance LX+ coilovers in the area, and the TiC SST coilovers. Please if anyone ca help me out I want to know what the opinion is of these set ups for daily driving. Or if possible I could ride in the car to see for myself. Jen I will hit you up as soon as I have time to ride in the Forester. Thanks all!

you need to take a ride in the forester. its a comfortable coilover and does well in performance. Forester rides nice, looks good low and performs great. hope to see you soon!
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally wouldn't consider coilovers for a dd. If your concerned about raising and lowering I'd keep the factory springs/struts for winter and a performance setup for the other 10 months. But I'm just that retarded

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had coilovers on both of my subaru's as Daily drivers ....on my wrx (when it was my daily driver and but now only in the front) and forester. If anyone knows me they know how picky I am about the ride of my car! LOL I'll complain to bobby til I'm blue in the face... LOL. He has put on Cusco's and DMS CO's and I was not happy at all!!! Nor did they stay my forester for long either! I'm happy with my CO's I have now. (Endura-Tech ftw) I drive my car everywhere! Another thing I like is I can lower my car and make it higher when I please. I've had a few different CO on my forster and the Endura tech is by far the BEST! Its even softer of a ride on the softest setting then my stock STi suspension was... But I guess if you're not sure about them then maybe you should start out with springs/struts combo.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    I personally wouldn't consider coilovers for a dd. If your concerned about raising and lowering I'd keep the factory springs/struts for winter and a performance setup for the other 10 months. But I'm just that retarded
    LOL why wouldn't you put CO on a dd?

Quote Originally Posted by wagonman1111 View Post
    Yup....Near Tualatin if u know where that is.....Ive been dreaming about buying an 05 wrx wagon/ then doing a full sti swap taking it to Mt.hood and playing in the snow/ dirt....if only the economy was better
    You're alittle west then south of where I live. Hope one day your dream of having a Wrx wagon will come true!
    Last edited by 03WRX_YELLOW; 01-23-2010 at 07:17 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just buy struts and springs to best fit my needs and run them. I don't need the adjustability coilovers offer. I never change the car other than alignment after I lower them. I set it ad forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    I've had coilovers on both of my subaru's as Daily drivers ....on my wrx (when it was my daily driver and but now only in the front) and forester. If anyone knows me they know how picky I am about the ride of my car! LOL I'll complain to bobby til I'm blue in the face... LOL. He has put on Cusco's and DMS CO's and I was not happy at all!!! Nor did they stay my forester for long either! I'm happy with my CO's I have now. (Endura-Tech ftw) I drive my car everywhere! Another thing I like is I can lower my car and make it higher when I please. I've had a few different CO on my forster and the Endura tech is by far the BEST! Its even softer of a ride on the softest setting then my stock STi suspension was... But I guess if you're not sure about them then maybe you should start out with springs/struts combo.

LOL why wouldn't you put CO on a dd?

You're alittle west then south of where I live. Hope one day your dream of having a Wrx wagon will come true!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I just buy struts and springs to best fit my needs and run them. I don't need the adjustability coilovers offer. I never change the car other than alignment after I lower them. I set it ad forget it.
    you like it sweet and simple!

I wish... :(

I wish I could do strut/spring but everytime I see a WRX with springs and that front fender gap I throw up in my mounth... lol basically I hate it. And so far I have not found a springs that takes the measurement from hub to fender to around 13.25" or 13.5. If you know of a spring let me know and pics if you have any. I drive an 03 wrx. So far the closest I have come is the H&R. But people say those suck. This is why I must run coils for dd. Any help please?

ride...?

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    you like it sweet and simple!
    hey I was wondering if we can schedule that ride...? I have a certian spot of freeway that I want to test them on... problem is that its kinda far away for you... Tualatin... let me know what we can work out... Ill pay you for gas.

question:::::does anyone know,,what years wrx/sti back seats fold down???? Does an 05 sti front bumper fit on an 05 wrx?