The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 51
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Might be a little early in asking but will there be any drives taking place during the summer months? Mainly ...

Might be a little early in asking but will there be any drives taking place during the summer months? Mainly august? Reason I'm asking is I'm taking leave to go to a buddies wedding in Eugene on Aug 14th (which also happens to be my 30th b-day) and hoping I can jump in on one of these drives I always read about.
    Would be in the 08 and hopefully have it at Stage 2 if not a VF52 swap. Have to see how friendly the tax man is this year with refunds.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Endura Tech Coilovers!

I was wondering if anyone around the Portland area has Endura Tech coilovers on their WRX or Subaru for that matter? I want to take a ride and see how they feel. Or if you have the Turn In Concept coilovers? Please let me know what you think or if I could take a ride to see how the feel!. Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Jen has endura techs on her forester.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris22 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone around the Portland area has Endura Tech coilovers on their WRX or Subaru for that matter? I want to take a ride and see how they feel. Or if you have the Turn In Concept coilovers? Please let me know what you think or if I could take a ride to see how the feel!. Thanks!
    I Pm'd you a few days back... just waiting to here from ya
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

sorry...

Sorry for the delay in response... busy busy... anyways... I will have to check out my sched to see when I can actaully drive up there. I'm about 45 min away. Thanks for the fast reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    I Pm'd you a few days back... just waiting to here from ya

hey, just purchased my first wrx about a month and a half ago. 2010, mostly stock for now. rolling around SE Portland. Nice to meet everyone, seems like a cool place. pics to come!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris22 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in response... busy busy... anyways... I will have to check out my sched to see when I can actaully drive up there. I'm about 45 min away. Thanks for the fast reply.
    No Problem... just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Silver2010 View Post
    hey, just purchased my first wrx about a month and a half ago. 2010, mostly stock for now. rolling around SE Portland. Nice to meet everyone, seems like a cool place. pics to come!
    Welcome!!! My mom lives in SE Portland, off of Foster Rd. near 82nd area.
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome, feels almost like a second home. I really have learned lots after lurking for a couple months. It's nice to be a part of a community of like-minded individuals.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver2010 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, feels almost like a second home. I really have learned lots after lurking for a couple months. It's nice to be a part of a community of like-minded individuals.
    I agree! Its great here, the people are awesome! Where in SE portland do you live at?

Anyone intrested in getting a weekly meet going? I know it's cold and rainy out but we do drive subies!! I'm down for any day or time, I figure somewhere around the Portland Metro area. If people are down I'd be glad to find a spot. Let me know.

i dont own a subi but i live in corvallis and ive been thinking about getting one. i got a couple questions i thought maybe some of you oregonians could help me out with. im driving a 06 tacoma right now, but i was looking to trade it for an sti. im completely new to the subaru world so i dont really know the whole difference between each car, i.e wrx vs sti etc. im looking at something AWD, that will just grip the road going up to hood or bachelor. let me know what you all think. thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    well if you want a car to perform in the snow the WRX might be a better choice for you. I think the STi is to raw for snow. Maybe I am wrong, I am sure it would do fine but there is a lot of HP and torque on tap when you hit that throttle. The WRX is a little more tame.

The WRX prior to 09 had 223 hp and 225 lbs ft of torque. 5 speed manual or auto, standard 4 wheel disk brakes.

The STi has brembos at all 4 wheels, 17s with a summer tire, 6 speed manual only, 2.5 liter 300hp/300lbs.ft. It also has DCCD which is an adjustable center diff to send more power front or rear.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    well if you want a car to perform in the snow the WRX might be a better choice for you. I think the STi is to raw for snow. Maybe I am wrong, I am sure it would do fine but there is a lot of HP and torque on tap when you hit that throttle. The WRX is a little more tame.

The WRX prior to 09 had 223 hp and 225 lbs ft of torque. 5 speed manual or auto, standard 4 wheel disk brakes.

The STi has brembos at all 4 wheels, 17s with a summer tire, 6 speed manual only, 2.5 liter 300hp/300lbs.ft. It also has DCCD which is an adjustable center diff to send more power front or rear.
    thanks for the quick response! i thought that sti was like subaru's version of TRD for their cars. so you could get a wrx by itself without the sti package? im guessing its called? any idea on what a 05-07 costs?

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    I agree! Its great here, the people are awesome! Where in SE portland do you live at?
    Actually, South-Southeast Portland, over on the border between Clackamas and Portland. A couple of minutes from Clackamas Town Center. I hope you guys keep me in mind if there's a local get-together. My car is stock with the exception of mudflaps as of right now, but I'd love to learn more about what people do to their cars and whatnot.
    Last edited by Silver2010; 01-19-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Being more specific...?