The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 32
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey everyone! I have been snooping around here the past couple days because I am highly interested in purchasing a ...

Hey everyone!

I have been snooping around here the past couple days because I am highly interested in purchasing a 2005 WRX STI and I thought I should register and ask if anyone knows of any deals out there. Thank you for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfa View Post
    Hey everyone!

I have been snooping around here the past couple days because I am highly interested in purchasing a 2005 WRX STI and I thought I should register and ask if anyone knows of any deals out there. Thank you for any help!
    Hey there...welcome! You'll have to look around. I dont know anyone whos selling one.

Good luck on your search! And enjoy the forums!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    Hey there...welcome! You'll have to look around. I dont know anyone whos selling one.

Good luck on your search! And enjoy the forums!
    Thanks a lot man..
    I can't wait to get rid of my civic

There is no selection on craigslist, so time to move on from there haha...

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey everyone!

541-770-3695 ask for Dustin.

They have a WRB STi with silver wheels, awesome shape low miles. Car looks beautiful.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    541-770-3695 ask for Dustin.

They have a WRB STi with silver wheels, awesome shape low miles. Car looks beautiful.
    okay, i will give them a call for some quick details a little later

thank you!

edit: does that happen to be located in central point?? if so, 300 miles!!

I Support ClubWRX
    okay, i will give them a call for some quick details a little later

thank you!

edit: does that happen to be located in central point?? if so, 300 miles!!
    Actually Medford, Oregon. Yea it would be 300 miles, but hey a clean car is a clean car right?

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Actually Medford, Oregon. Yea it would be 300 miles, but hey a clean car is a clean car right?
    yeah for sure. Do you know how much it is going for by any chance?

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah for sure. Do you know how much it is going for by any chance?
    Im not sure.

Damn, it is hard to find a decent price on any of these cars.

I just got off the phone with one guy who wanted 29k for a 40k miles 2005 STi.. (he also told me i would not find under that price unless it has lots of problems, lol..)

I am having no luck...
    Last edited by Malfa; 07-17-2008 at 01:49 PM.

I just got off the phone with one guy who wanted 29k for a 40k miles 2005 STi.. (he also told me i would not find under that price unless it has lots of problems, lol..)

I am having no luck...
    Wow, did you tell him for a few grand more you can get an 08 STi with 0 miles? I got my 05 STi for $23900 with 20,000 miles on it. Bone stock, just a scrapped rim.

The guy is just trying to find an idiot to believe his BS!!!
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn, it is hard to find a decent price on any of these cars.

I am having no luck...
    Well the one I told you about has 21,000 miles I think and they want 26,800. 1 owner car, new tires.

I think I have came to the conclusion that although I love this car it would be unreasonable for me to buy this...

It is just going to be too much for me...
    I saw some of these going for 20k but those are sketch, and if I want a quality one I will not get anything that low...

Oh well I guess... I was hoping I could get something over 20k but I really should stay under 20k...

I think I am looking more into an RSX-S now...

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I have came to the conclusion that although I love this car it would be unreasonable for me to buy this...

It is just going to be too much for me...
    I saw some of these going for 20k but those are sketch, and if I want a quality one I will not get anything that low...

Oh well I guess... I was hoping I could get something over 20k but I really should stay under 20k...

I think I am looking more into an RSX-S now...
    YUCK. For one, Id much rather pay the 120 dollars more per month for the STi. If I didnt want to pay that then Id buy a WRX and mod that. RSX Type S cannot and will not hold a candle to a stock WRX.

You were also a little sketchy about the drive for the 05 STi. You can purchase the car I am talking about if you drive to Lithia Subaru of Oregon City. They will have a driver drive the STi up there.

The only reason I was sketch about the drive is because I just got back from my 1200 mile trip to San Diego and back driving myself and I am tired of driving. But I would do it!

The real reason I am shying away at this point is that I am only going to be a senior in high school this upcoming year and I have to worry about college expenses quite soon. I love the Subaru.. but it seems kind of unreasonable for me to take out a huge loan at this point.

For the RSX I would still be taking out a loan, but not nearly as big compared to an STi.

RSX's are decent cars. I did not want a 2 door again, but I could definitely deal. 210 HP is quite decent, I don't really need a whole lot more haha.. and they get pretty good MPG and I have always liked the look of the type-r integra look on them...

Realistically, I should stay under 20k. Any other cars you think I should look in to??

I Support ClubWRX
    The only reason I was sketch about the drive is because I just got back from my 1200 mile trip to San Diego and back driving myself and I am tired of driving. But I would do it!

The real reason I am shying away at this point is that I am only going to be a senior in high school this upcoming year and I have to worry about college expenses quite soon. I love the Subaru.. but it seems kind of unreasonable for me to take out a huge loan at this point.

For the RSX I would still be taking out a loan, but not nearly as big compared to an STi.

RSX's are decent cars. I did not want a 2 door again, but I could definitely deal. 210 HP is quite decent, I don't really need a whole lot more haha.. and they get pretty good MPG and I have always liked the look of the type-r integra look on them...

Realistically, I should stay under 20k. Any other cars you think I should look in to??
    Personally Id look into Si's over the RSX anyday. Anytime an RSX would try and race any of my EP3s (I had 4...) None of them would ever win. Mos of my EPs were highly modified with 2.4 liters, but even when I modded the stock K20 they couldnt hang. Also the new 06+Si with the 6 speed and 200HP is a much better car with better suspension than the RSX. Personally Id still look into a WRX, AWD 227hp way safer and cheaper to insure than an RSX or an Si.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.