The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 31
Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; (4) Tinting material that has a lower light transmittance or produces a lower total light transmittance than permitted in subsection ...

I Support ClubWRX
    (4) Tinting material that has a lower light transmittance or
    produces a lower total light transmittance than permitted in
    subsection (2)(a) and (c) of this section may be applied to all
    windows of a multipurpose passenger vehicle that are behind the
    driver. This subsection applies only to vehicles that are
    equipped with rearview mirrors on each side of the vehicle. The
    windows as tinted shall meet the requirements for AS-3 glazing
    material established by 49 C.F.R. 571.205 (1993) and the
    American National Standards Institute standards incorporated by
    reference in that federal regulation. For purposes of this
    subsection, a ' multipurpose passenger vehicle' is a motor
    vehicle with motive power that is designed to carry 10 or fewer
    persons and is constructed either on a truck chassis or with
    special features for occasional off-road operation.

You can find the whole thing here, I found what I needed to find. It seems that if the window is behind the driver it can be as dark as you'd like.

Relating to vehicle window tinting; creating new provisions; and amending ORS 815.040 and 815.220.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The problem with this code is that the section that discribes "occational offroad use" leaves room for interpritation, which intern means that you can and will get the shaft.--take for example the law regarding exessive noise from a motor vehicle--the law dosent specify what can or cant cause the noise or how loud it can or cant be--now lets look at if you get a ticket for exhaust noise, you will get cited under this law--if you go to deq and do not exceed the maximum allowed noise levels than tecniquilly your car has legal exhaust and doesnt exceed legal levels--( according to local and state maximum noise levels for motor vehicles) -i among many others have been given tickets, jumped through these hoops and still gotten nailed with these tickets--most of you know how loud a wrx with an uppipe, downpipe, and turboback is-so you know how loud my car is--even at 4grand i still passed deq---the judge didnt care---

---my point--- tint as dark as you want, just remember that if you drive jap the cops are going to stick it where you crap

I Support ClubWRX
    True really atleast here in Southern Oregon.

I'm about 40 days out from being in Oregon. I sign out on terminal leave on the 20th, and will probably be in Oregon 6 days later!

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive got a friend selling his black 04 WRX its a beautiful car, gold 17" OZs tinted windows, its a 4dr 5 speed. He wants 15,160. About 58,000 miles. He has a thread in the for sale section if anyone is interested or know anyone interested.

I would have been had I not bought mine! I always loved black wrxs... but I fell in love with mine

I am finally back in Oregon! At my house unloading the truck here on Taylors Ferry... I love it!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Yahoo!! Welcome Back to OREGON!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Thank you, thank you! It is wonderful to be here... now its time for a beer... Deschutes I think...

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Thank you, thank you! It is wonderful to be here... now its time for a beer... Deschutes I think...
    we'll have to get together sometime and meet in person!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys, I have 4 days to sell my headlights. I want $550 plus your stock headlights. You will get the morettes, the shells and the custom built harness.

4 days? Merde... I have a big chink of change coming to me from the military (DITY move and I moved like 6k lbs of stuff...) and have always wanted Morettes... I'll see how soon I am getting paid and get back to you!

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    we'll have to get together sometime and meet in person!
    Of course we can meet in person! How much does PRE charge for installation for something like springs? My driveway blows and I need to go from the S-Techs to the H-techs and not scrape anymore!

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an invidia Catless downpipe with less than 500 miles on it with new downpipe to catback gasket and the invidia sticker for sale. $200 plus shipping or possible meet for late July.

I am also selling my less than 500 miles HKS catback exhaust it is the HKS Hi Power, gaskets still look brand new, all hardware. $350 plus shipping or possible meet for late July.

Is a catted tb exhaust legal in WA?

Later down the line I want to get a tb exhaust, but a guy I work with was saying he thought I wouldn't be able to pass emissions. Does anybody know about this? I live in Vantucky (Vancouver, WA).

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    4 days? Merde... I have a big chink of change coming to me from the military (DITY move and I moved like 6k lbs of stuff...) and have always wanted Morettes... I'll see how soon I am getting paid and get back to you!

Of course we can meet in person! How much does PRE charge for installation for something like springs? My driveway blows and I need to go from the S-Techs to the H-techs and not scrape anymore!
    hi there! we can do that for you. you'll have to call in and make a appointment of course, but we'll be happy to help you out. cost will be $255 for install on springs.
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace