The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am going insane, I have a vf39, a sti tmic, and a uppipe, also powersteering rack bushing staring me ...

I am going insane, I have a vf39, a sti tmic, and a uppipe, also powersteering rack bushing staring me in the eye teasing me... they have been sitting there for about a month I still need injectors, and fuel pump
    Billy
    352whp 365ftlbs P-R-E tuned
    12.32 @ 110mph (old dyno numbers 315/341)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by *03wRx* View Post
    I am going insane, I have a vf39, a sti tmic, and a uppipe, also powersteering rack bushing staring me in the eye teasing me... they have been sitting there for about a month I still need injectors, and fuel pump
    GET UR DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    03 whats your car lowered on? It looks lower than mine in the front and Im lowered 1.8" I need the front to be a straight 2"

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by dubrexsti View Post
    GET UR DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am working on it, just need about 350 bucks and I can install myself!
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    03 whats your car lowered on? It looks lower than mine in the front and Im lowered 1.8" I need the front to be a straight 2"
    I have the JIC flta'1 coilovers um I am not quite sure how much it dropped my car I forgot to measure before I took the stock suspension off... but I think I measured from the ground to the fender 25" front and 24.75" back if I remember correctly... hell I will measure it again tomorrow and find a stock subie around town and measure it
    Billy

NoPo in the hizzy

2007 PDX WRX Wagon, baby! Just got past 500 miles on her, halfway through break-in.

Any locals have a access port for an 07? I can pay cash for a quick re-map! Also have a full Snap-On rolling toolbox if you need to use a garage space in exchange for an ECU reflash. Hit me up at rude944 at aol

I wanna catch up with the meetings one of these times. Seems like good stuff. Trade parts, talk mods and shoot the schiesse. I'm liking this Rex and loving the boost!

Quote Originally Posted by RudeRex View Post
    2007 PDX WRX Wagon, baby! Just got past 500 miles on her, halfway through break-in.

Any locals have a access port for an 07? I can pay cash for a quick re-map! Also have a full Snap-On rolling toolbox if you need to use a garage space in exchange for an ECU reflash. Hit me up at rude944 at aol

I wanna catch up with the meetings one of these times. Seems like good stuff. Trade parts, talk mods and shoot the schiesse. I'm liking this Rex and loving the boost!
    Accessport are married to individual cars. If someone remap your car they would not be able to use it on theres. You need to get a cable to reflash your car. Oh and someone that has software and the know how. Probably best to have it dyno tuned. Ask Booby(I mean bobby, oops) to help. Bug him a lot about the cable.

I Support ClubWRX
    I so need an accessport....

I need a car I can tune.
    R.I.P. Roy W Clark You will be missed.
    2006 Impreza 2.5I
    Sitting on some cobbs...
    "Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world!!"

I so need an accessport....
    best mod I have done so far imo
    Billy

Thanks for the heads up on the Access Port. Seems to be a smart control from the manufacturer of the unit to marry one to a specific vehicle, however, hosing the owners.
    $700 is pretty steep for computer tuning, but then again, If this makes it safe and clean from a warranty service perspective (yes, I realize the error of this line of thought). Further, I can remap to any profile I would like, from race gas to any mod and back home again. So correct me if I am wrong, I can go back and detune it to stock for warranty work, no?

I think the answer is the stage 2 from Cobb... now to come up with $1800 and not have the fiance notice, would be a miracle in its own right!

"Honey, the money went to making the car MORE reliable for our perspective"

Remind me of the old gearhead adage: Fast, Cheap, or reliable... pick any two!

I Support ClubWRX
    You can go stage 2 cheaper than 1800 bucks

You can go stage 2 cheaper than 1800 bucks
    Absolutely! Go used dude. There are plenty of people around here w/ more money than they know what to do w/ who change out their exhaust every 8 weeks. And version 1 access ports are pretty cheap these days. The version 2 has some sexy new toys on it but isn't that much better functionally as far as I know.

Good luck, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I Support ClubWRX
    Even paying full retail for brand new stuff you can do cheaper than cobb stage 2.

Accessport $695
    Downpipe $350 (Invidia)
    Catback $550 (invidia)

Total $1595- Leaves enough to give another hunk for an up pipe.

Yeah I paid 650 for my cobb access port, and forget what I paid for my invidiav4 catted and borla xr1 cbe... It came out to a total of 1600.00 all brand new...

You could always go used too, there is nothing wrong with finding great deals on great stuff...

Access Port saves your stock data before you remap it and when you unmarrie it, it goes back to your stock data, so you will be ok for warrenty work...
    Billy