The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! - Page 18
Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL Oregon Thread!!! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Former Bay Area guy. Now in Beaverton. Had an 04 JBP WRX. Now an 06 Graphite Gray Evolution MR. I'll ...

Former Bay Area guy. Now in Beaverton.

Had an 04 JBP WRX. Now an 06 Graphite Gray Evolution MR. I'll still hang with y'all though, even though I'm a turncoat.

-Bis

The WRX that became the Evolution IX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    Former Bay Area guy. Now in Beaverton.

Had an 04 JBP WRX. Now an 06 Graphite Gray Evolution MR. I'll still hang with y'all though, even though I'm a turncoat.

-Bis
    WELCOME!!!

You enjoying yourself here? Ohhh.. and I love Evo's! So, wouldnt mind if you came and hung out.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Thanks

I've been here just over 2 years now and I can honestly say the NW is a nice change of pace from the Bay Area, and California in general. I have my share of issues with things up here (weather, people driving WAY too slow, etc) but they're pretty minor, all things considered.

Looking forward to getting together with some car people though. I haven't done jack car-wise the entire time I've been here. It's depressing, really.

-Bis

Thanks

I've been here just over 2 years now and I can honestly say the NW is a nice change of pace from the Bay Area, and California in general. I have my share of issues with things up here (weather, people driving WAY too slow, etc) but they're pretty minor, all things considered.

Looking forward to getting together with some car people though. I haven't done jack car-wise the entire time I've been here. It's depressing, really.

-Bis

well, you should come out to the track (PIR) this weekend. we'll be heading that way for the late night drags.
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

I'll see if I can make it out there. Last time I was at PIR was for the American Le Mans series in '06.

I've heard rumors of a couple of Subie meets in the area around here as well - Friday nights at Sonic in Hillsboro and Saturday morning at Starbucks at Washington Square. But I have no clue if they're still happening or what their status is.

Might swing by Sonic on Friday night just to see if anything's happening there.

-Bis
    Last edited by Bismarck; 03-05-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Because I like ediing my posts?

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I think we'll be going out sat night to PIR.
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll see if I can make it out there. Last time I was at PIR was for the American Le Mans series in '06.

I've heard rumors of a couple of Subie meets in the area around here as well - Friday nights at Sonic in Hillsboro and Saturday morning at Starbucks at Washington Square. But I have no clue if they're still happening or what their status is.

Might swing by Sonic on Friday night just to see if anything's happening there.

-Bis
    You guys hit up Starbucks at Washington Square? I think thats pretty close to my sisters house in Sherwood. Ill have to make sure to meet yall there when Im up visiting

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    You guys hit up Starbucks at Washington Square? I think thats pretty close to my sisters house in Sherwood. Ill have to make sure to meet yall there when Im up visiting
    Sherwood is roughly 20 minutes or so from Washington Square, so it's relatively close. Honestly, I'm not sure if this meet even happens, but if it does, I'll show up for it should the opportunity present itself.

As for the drags, I couldn't find any time information other than a 7pm race start, but that was for the E.T. / Wednesday runs. So what time is everyone getting there and where's everyone going to be?

-Bis

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Friday and Sat nights is the Late Night Drags at PIR. Starts from 6pm to 12 midnight. $25 to Race and another $10 if you dont have your number for the year, $8 to watch.

We're there almost Every Weekend.

I am Braden and I drive an Aspen White 2k2 Bugeye... and I will be living in SW Portland (Marshall park...) in June!

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    I am Braden and I drive an Aspen White 2k2 Bugeye... and I will be living in SW Portland (Marshall park...) in June!
    its coming up fast
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by PREracing View Post
    its coming up fast
    Its scary how fast its coming up actually... going to briefs and meetings on how to effectively use my GI bill... could always go work at a dealer... they always hire ex military...

I Support ClubWRX
    oh boy... Oregon prepare to be Jebus infested...

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    oh boy... Oregon prepare to be Jebus infested...
    I think only the areas with good microbrews will need worry about my arrival. I have this awful, horrible, disgusting plan to travel to every single microbrew in Oregon. It will be horrible, let me tell you!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    I think only the areas with good microbrews will need worry about my arrival. I have this awful, horrible, disgusting plan to travel to every single microbrew in Oregon. It will be horrible, let me tell you!
    So there is a micro brew/pizzaria about 1/16 of a mile down the road from my door step