Can't go wrong with those rules. Sounds like a plan. I like to do some aggressive driving when i'm alone, but not in a caravan. That's askin for trouble.8am sounds perfect. As for the route, it would be a little bit faster taking 6 to 101 from centralia, and we will make up some time going 70-80 on the freeway, but its less scenic, and more cops.
Its all up to you guys and we can discuss where we go when we meet up depending on how we are all feeling. Half the fun is getting there IMO.
I do favor the freeway option, just that freeways are boring. Thoughts?
I'll bring a notepad so that we can write all our numbers and stick together on the way down. Caravaning is fun if people don't get left behind.
Good caravaning rules are,
1. Little to no aggressive driving,
2. Keep the line, like a rope being extended. drivers in the morning are gonna be nervous enough to see 10+ WRX's on their butt. Even if we are good people.
3. Don't run yellow or red lights. Give ample time for the whole group to drive together. Cars get left behind mainly in the intersections. Those playing catch up are more inclined to get into accidents because of stress. Its happened to my friends. Also in the Golden Gardens run a few months ago.
4. Maintain speed limit or go 5-10 over,
5. Designate a lead car and a tail car is also good. If we lose anybody, we slow down, call the tail and see whats going on and continue as necessary, or stop. If someone needs to take a leak, call the lead car and we will pull over.
6. Maintain safe driving distance, at least 2-4 car lengths behind the other car. things happen out there and if we break suddenly, not all of us have brembos, or good brakes in general, especially the other cars.
7. Everyone carry a map for Washington and Oregon. I should have one as well already cause I frequent that state.
I hope this helps, see you all Sunday