Day CRUISE to LONG BEACH, WA - JUNE 3rd SUNDAY - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on Day CRUISE to LONG BEACH, WA - JUNE 3rd SUNDAY within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Turbolad 8am sounds perfect. As for the route, it would be a little bit faster taking 6 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolad View Post
    8am sounds perfect. As for the route, it would be a little bit faster taking 6 to 101 from centralia, and we will make up some time going 70-80 on the freeway, but its less scenic, and more cops.

Its all up to you guys and we can discuss where we go when we meet up depending on how we are all feeling. Half the fun is getting there IMO.

I do favor the freeway option, just that freeways are boring. Thoughts?

I'll bring a notepad so that we can write all our numbers and stick together on the way down. Caravaning is fun if people don't get left behind.

Good caravaning rules are,

1. Little to no aggressive driving,
    2. Keep the line, like a rope being extended. drivers in the morning are gonna be nervous enough to see 10+ WRX's on their butt. Even if we are good people.
    3. Don't run yellow or red lights. Give ample time for the whole group to drive together. Cars get left behind mainly in the intersections. Those playing catch up are more inclined to get into accidents because of stress. Its happened to my friends. Also in the Golden Gardens run a few months ago.
    4. Maintain speed limit or go 5-10 over,
    5. Designate a lead car and a tail car is also good. If we lose anybody, we slow down, call the tail and see whats going on and continue as necessary, or stop. If someone needs to take a leak, call the lead car and we will pull over.
    6. Maintain safe driving distance, at least 2-4 car lengths behind the other car. things happen out there and if we break suddenly, not all of us have brembos, or good brakes in general, especially the other cars.
    7. Everyone carry a map for Washington and Oregon. I should have one as well already cause I frequent that state.

I hope this helps, see you all Sunday
    Can't go wrong with those rules. Sounds like a plan. I like to do some aggressive driving when i'm alone, but not in a caravan. That's askin for trouble.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I feel like I am at school. So many rules. Haha. Those are good to have. Hopefully everyone is an adult and can act like one. Then we shouldn't have any problems. Everyone on their best behavior.

ghetto map!!!

Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dubrexsti View Post
    I feel like I am at school. So many rules. Haha. Those are good to have. Hopefully everyone is an adult and can act like one. Then we shouldn't have any problems. Everyone on their best behavior.
    untill we get on the beach LOL
    R.I.P. Roy W Clark You will be missed.
    2006 Impreza 2.5I
    Sitting on some cobbs...
    "Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world!!"

Quote Originally Posted by matt_93_gt View Post
    untill we get on the beach LOL
    Please don't knock over my sand castle with your fast cars

..D
    8:30, sunday am at krispy kream, got it. see ya there!

i am sorry to say but last night i found out at work that i am going to have to do a 12 hour shift, i also did a 12 hour last night, well first someome quit last monday, then someone else is on vacation thos week and yesterday someone told me that they will be gone the rest of the week due to a death in there family, so that means i have to work evne more to make up the lost people, so sorry but i can not join you guys this weekend, it sucks

..D
    HEY HOBO!!
    if you want to meet at the Federal Way park and ride (its rite off I-5S )and then go to KK, let me know.

i cant wait to go also, Something to do!

Also is there anyway i can get better gas mileage out of my car by a tune or something? I would like to talk to anyone about what i can do to help that out or make some power, A shop perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueSilver View Post
    i cant wait to go also, Something to do!

Also is there anyway i can get better gas mileage out of my car by a tune or something? I would like to talk to anyone about what i can do to help that out or make some power, A shop perhaps.

Bobby will be there and he is a tuner at Performance Race Engineering. He is Jen's husband. Look for the silver STI Forester. He will be able to help you.

You're gonna have to change me to a maybe. Co-worker just quit and guess who has two thumbs and hasta pick up the slack? This guy! I might be able to make it, depending on how much work I get done on Saturday. Sorry, I was really looking forward to this. If I don't see you, maybe next time?

Quote Originally Posted by ..D View Post
    HEY HOBO!!
    if you want to meet at the Federal Way park and ride (its rite off I-5S )and then go to KK, let me know.
    sure, im just tryin to figure out when to leave up here to make it down to tacoma in time. probably leave my place by like, 5-5:30 am

which exit is that btw?
    308whp/285tq
    Size DOES matter...
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    Proud PRE customer
    Tuned by Bobby

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Getting CLoser..... I'm so Excited!!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

ya, its gonna be fun. im gonna have a few people riding along with me
    308whp/285tq
    Size DOES matter...
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    Proud PRE customer
    Tuned by Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by miken_wa View Post
    Please don't knock over my sand castle with your fast cars
    I will knock it over if its in my way
    R.I.P. Roy W Clark You will be missed.
    2006 Impreza 2.5I
    Sitting on some cobbs...
    "Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world!!"