Day CRUISE to LONG BEACH, WA - JUNE 3rd SUNDAY - Page 10
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 263

This is a discussion on Day CRUISE to LONG BEACH, WA - JUNE 3rd SUNDAY within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So its Tacoma then, howabout we all meet at the Krispy Kreme next to the Freeway at the Tacoma Mall, ...

  1. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NE Tacoma
    Posts
    471

    A plan?

    So its Tacoma then, howabout we all meet at the Krispy Kreme next to the Freeway at the Tacoma Mall, no one can miss that honestly. But what would be the route from then on be?

    My route from Oly for curiosity sake would be taking 101N West towards Aberdeen, jump onto Hwy 8 W, then Hwy 107 S, get back on 101 going S until we hit Long Beach

    Some cop traffic can be expected up to Montesano but after that its smooth sailing with some nice scenic roads. Travel time is upwards of 2 and half hours if we are training from Olympia.

    If we need to be in Long Beach by 12, meeting up in Tacoma at 8-8:30am would make the most sense. Giving time enough for people to join us from further north, but be on the road at 9am tops to Long Beach.

    Thoughts, would this be a conceivable plan? Cause I haven't seen one yet.

    And where are we meeting at in Long Beach anyway? A specific place or Address?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #137
    Registered User miken_wa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    redmond, wa
    Posts
    64
    sounds like a plan to me... and yeah, where exactly in long beach are we meeting up?

  4. #138
    Registered User SPhiNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by miken_wa View Post
    sounds like a plan to me... and yeah, where exactly in long beach are we meeting up?
    The Go-Kart track was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm not sure if that's the "official" meeting place.

  5. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by SPhiNi View Post
    The Go-Kart track was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm not sure if that's the "official" meeting place.
    We are meeting there, but wait to hear from 03wrx_yellow first before you go. I am almost sure that that is the place to meet.

  6. #140
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Krispy Kreme sounds good to me. But let's make it 8am. I don't wanna be late gettin to the beach.

    As far as route, i would say I5 south to 6 west then 101 south to Long Beach. Looks like the quickest IMO.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  7. #141
    Registered User neener's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    311
    krispy kreme, freeway, mall ok got it... now watch me get lost, geeze i hope not.
    un poqito.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

  8. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    621
    Just make sure everyone exchanges numbers before you go. Then when you are all together have one person man the front and one man the back. We have a couple of Nextels that make it easy to communicate quickly.

  9. #143
    Registered User Hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    284
    sounds good so far, long ass drive though

    what exit is that krispy kream? like i said, i dont really know the area down south.

    the phone thing sounds good. i also have nextel
    308whp/285tq
    Size DOES matter...
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    Proud PRE customer
    Tuned by Bobby

  10. #144
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    It's the highway 16/38th St. exit. Krispy Creme is on Tacoma Mall blvd.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  11. #145
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have fun guys! Long long trip for me but its my buddies wedding anyway. You guys will just have to survive without seein my gorgeous self


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  12. #146

    Princess Moderator

    03WRX_YELLOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Gresham, Oregon
    Posts
    14,843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Have fun guys! Long long trip for me but its my buddies wedding anyway. You guys will just have to survive without seein my gorgeous self
    I saw you in April...but I do miss you! lol...

    Meeting Spot

    LONG BEACH Go-Karts
    915 SW 10th St.
    Long Beach, WA 98631
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

    BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

  13. #147

    Princess Moderator

    03WRX_YELLOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Gresham, Oregon
    Posts
    14,843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    It's the highway 16/38th St. exit. Krispy Creme is on Tacoma Mall blvd.
    You should post up An Address Matt!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

    BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

  14. #148
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    You should post up An Address Matt!
    I'll probably make a ghetto map on paint later... just for fun. lol
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  15. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NE Tacoma
    Posts
    471

    more planning

    8am sounds perfect. As for the route, it would be a little bit faster taking 6 to 101 from centralia, and we will make up some time going 70-80 on the freeway, but its less scenic, and more cops.

    Its all up to you guys and we can discuss where we go when we meet up depending on how we are all feeling. Half the fun is getting there IMO.

    I do favor the freeway option, just that freeways are boring. Thoughts?

    I'll bring a notepad so that we can write all our numbers and stick together on the way down. Caravaning is fun if people don't get left behind.

    Good caravaning rules are,

    1. Little to no aggressive driving,
    2. Keep the line, like a rope being extended. drivers in the morning are gonna be nervous enough to see 10+ WRX's on their butt. Even if we are good people.
    3. Don't run yellow or red lights. Give ample time for the whole group to drive together. Cars get left behind mainly in the intersections. Those playing catch up are more inclined to get into accidents because of stress. Its happened to my friends. Also in the Golden Gardens run a few months ago.
    4. Maintain speed limit or go 5-10 over,
    5. Designate a lead car and a tail car is also good. If we lose anybody, we slow down, call the tail and see whats going on and continue as necessary, or stop. If someone needs to take a leak, call the lead car and we will pull over.
    6. Maintain safe driving distance, at least 2-4 car lengths behind the other car. things happen out there and if we break suddenly, not all of us have brembos, or good brakes in general, especially the other cars.
    7. Everyone carry a map for Washington and Oregon. I should have one as well already cause I frequent that state.

    I hope this helps, see you all Sunday

  16. #150

    Princess Moderator

    03WRX_YELLOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Gresham, Oregon
    Posts
    14,843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbolad View Post
    8am sounds perfect. As for the route, it would be a little bit faster taking 6 to 101 from centralia, and we will make up some time going 70-80 on the freeway, but its less scenic, and more cops.

    Its all up to you guys and we can discuss where we go when we meet up depending on how we are all feeling. Half the fun is getting there IMO.

    I do favor the freeway option, just that freeways are boring. Thoughts?

    I'll bring a notepad so that we can write all our numbers and stick together on the way down. Caravaning is fun if people don't get left behind.

    Good caravaning rules are,

    1. Little to no aggressive driving,
    2. Keep the line, like a rope being extended. drivers in the morning are gonna be nervous enough to see 10+ WRX's on their butt. Even if we are good people.
    3. Don't run yellow or red lights. Give ample time for the whole group to drive together. Cars get left behind mainly in the intersections. Those playing catch up are more inclined to get into accidents because of stress. Its happened to my friends. Also in the Golden Gardens run a few months ago.
    4. Maintain speed limit or go 5-10 over,
    5. Designate a lead car and a tail car is also good. If we lose anybody, we slow down, call the tail and see whats going on and continue as necessary, or stop. If someone needs to take a leak, call the lead car and we will pull over.
    6. Maintain safe driving distance, at least 2-4 car lengths behind the other car. things happen out there and if we break suddenly, not all of us have brembos, or good brakes in general, especially the other cars.
    7. Everyone carry a map for Washington and Oregon. I should have one as well already cause I frequent that state.

    I hope this helps, see you all Sunday

    Good Rules.... Thats How Bobby and I do it!!

    Us in Front and Chan man in the Rear... LOL - we both have Nextel phones... He makes sures all is in line... Losing people sucks! But We havent lost anyone yet!

    Well, we have map quest maps... not full state maps.
    Last edited by 03WRX_YELLOW; 05-31-2007 at 09:58 AM.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

    BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •