Day CRUISE to LONG BEACH, WA - JUNE 3rd SUNDAY - Page 10
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on Day CRUISE to LONG BEACH, WA - JUNE 3rd SUNDAY within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So its Tacoma then, howabout we all meet at the Krispy Kreme next to the Freeway at the Tacoma Mall, ...

A plan?

So its Tacoma then, howabout we all meet at the Krispy Kreme next to the Freeway at the Tacoma Mall, no one can miss that honestly. But what would be the route from then on be?

My route from Oly for curiosity sake would be taking 101N West towards Aberdeen, jump onto Hwy 8 W, then Hwy 107 S, get back on 101 going S until we hit Long Beach

Some cop traffic can be expected up to Montesano but after that its smooth sailing with some nice scenic roads. Travel time is upwards of 2 and half hours if we are training from Olympia.

If we need to be in Long Beach by 12, meeting up in Tacoma at 8-8:30am would make the most sense. Giving time enough for people to join us from further north, but be on the road at 9am tops to Long Beach.

Thoughts, would this be a conceivable plan? Cause I haven't seen one yet.

And where are we meeting at in Long Beach anyway? A specific place or Address?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like a plan to me... and yeah, where exactly in long beach are we meeting up?

Quote Originally Posted by miken_wa View Post
    sounds like a plan to me... and yeah, where exactly in long beach are we meeting up?
    The Go-Kart track was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm not sure if that's the "official" meeting place.

Quote Originally Posted by SPhiNi View Post
    The Go-Kart track was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm not sure if that's the "official" meeting place.
    We are meeting there, but wait to hear from 03wrx_yellow first before you go. I am almost sure that that is the place to meet.

Krispy Kreme sounds good to me. But let's make it 8am. I don't wanna be late gettin to the beach.

As far as route, i would say I5 south to 6 west then 101 south to Long Beach. Looks like the quickest IMO.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

krispy kreme, freeway, mall ok got it... now watch me get lost, geeze i hope not.
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

Just make sure everyone exchanges numbers before you go. Then when you are all together have one person man the front and one man the back. We have a couple of Nextels that make it easy to communicate quickly.

sounds good so far, long ass drive though

what exit is that krispy kream? like i said, i dont really know the area down south.

the phone thing sounds good. i also have nextel
    308whp/285tq
    Size DOES matter...
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    Proud PRE customer
    Tuned by Bobby

It's the highway 16/38th St. exit. Krispy Creme is on Tacoma Mall blvd.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

I Support ClubWRX
    Have fun guys! Long long trip for me but its my buddies wedding anyway. You guys will just have to survive without seein my gorgeous self

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Have fun guys! Long long trip for me but its my buddies wedding anyway. You guys will just have to survive without seein my gorgeous self
    I saw you in April...but I do miss you! lol...

Meeting Spot

LONG BEACH Go-Karts
    915 SW 10th St.
    Long Beach, WA 98631
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    It's the highway 16/38th St. exit. Krispy Creme is on Tacoma Mall blvd.
    You should post up An Address Matt!
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    You should post up An Address Matt!
    I'll probably make a ghetto map on paint later... just for fun. lol
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

more planning

8am sounds perfect. As for the route, it would be a little bit faster taking 6 to 101 from centralia, and we will make up some time going 70-80 on the freeway, but its less scenic, and more cops.

Its all up to you guys and we can discuss where we go when we meet up depending on how we are all feeling. Half the fun is getting there IMO.

I do favor the freeway option, just that freeways are boring. Thoughts?

I'll bring a notepad so that we can write all our numbers and stick together on the way down. Caravaning is fun if people don't get left behind.

Good caravaning rules are,

1. Little to no aggressive driving,
    2. Keep the line, like a rope being extended. drivers in the morning are gonna be nervous enough to see 10+ WRX's on their butt. Even if we are good people.
    3. Don't run yellow or red lights. Give ample time for the whole group to drive together. Cars get left behind mainly in the intersections. Those playing catch up are more inclined to get into accidents because of stress. Its happened to my friends. Also in the Golden Gardens run a few months ago.
    4. Maintain speed limit or go 5-10 over,
    5. Designate a lead car and a tail car is also good. If we lose anybody, we slow down, call the tail and see whats going on and continue as necessary, or stop. If someone needs to take a leak, call the lead car and we will pull over.
    6. Maintain safe driving distance, at least 2-4 car lengths behind the other car. things happen out there and if we break suddenly, not all of us have brembos, or good brakes in general, especially the other cars.
    7. Everyone carry a map for Washington and Oregon. I should have one as well already cause I frequent that state.

I hope this helps, see you all Sunday

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbolad View Post
    8am sounds perfect. As for the route, it would be a little bit faster taking 6 to 101 from centralia, and we will make up some time going 70-80 on the freeway, but its less scenic, and more cops.

Its all up to you guys and we can discuss where we go when we meet up depending on how we are all feeling. Half the fun is getting there IMO.

I do favor the freeway option, just that freeways are boring. Thoughts?

I'll bring a notepad so that we can write all our numbers and stick together on the way down. Caravaning is fun if people don't get left behind.

Good caravaning rules are,

1. Little to no aggressive driving,
    2. Keep the line, like a rope being extended. drivers in the morning are gonna be nervous enough to see 10+ WRX's on their butt. Even if we are good people.
    3. Don't run yellow or red lights. Give ample time for the whole group to drive together. Cars get left behind mainly in the intersections. Those playing catch up are more inclined to get into accidents because of stress. Its happened to my friends. Also in the Golden Gardens run a few months ago.
    4. Maintain speed limit or go 5-10 over,
    5. Designate a lead car and a tail car is also good. If we lose anybody, we slow down, call the tail and see whats going on and continue as necessary, or stop. If someone needs to take a leak, call the lead car and we will pull over.
    6. Maintain safe driving distance, at least 2-4 car lengths behind the other car. things happen out there and if we break suddenly, not all of us have brembos, or good brakes in general, especially the other cars.
    7. Everyone carry a map for Washington and Oregon. I should have one as well already cause I frequent that state.

I hope this helps, see you all Sunday

Good Rules.... Thats How Bobby and I do it!!

Us in Front and Chan man in the Rear... LOL - we both have Nextel phones... He makes sures all is in line... Losing people sucks! But We havent lost anyone yet!

Well, we have map quest maps... not full state maps.
    Last edited by 03WRX_YELLOW; 05-31-2007 at 09:58 AM.