The Official Idaho Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Idaho Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hows all going to subiefest from ID??...

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    hows all going to subiefest from ID??
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wooooooooohooooooo Nighthawk! That makes three of us now!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    Wooooooooohooooooo Nighthawk! That makes three of us now!!!
    w00t w00t!

Nobody's said anything on the idaho forum lately. I just moved to Mountain Home, I'll be stationed here a few years. I'm looking forward to modding my car and would appreciate if anyone could tell me where all the good shops are around here. And a drag strip
    "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" j/k....so gay!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, Jen. Subiefest was a blast, W1 booth was too busy to get to talk to Armin or Garrett, but got to hang out with some friends at the Subiewest booth and check out all the parts I wish I had on my car.

What is there to do around Portland? We're here until Monday and it's as boring as heck...
    Bugeye Mafia #63

Hi Steven,

For a drag strip, you have to go north to Firebird by Emmett (other side of Boise/Eagle area). From what I've heard, they are open for the next few weekends for spectator drags. Rumor is a new motorsports park with autoX, rallyX, circle track, and drag racing is going up near you, called WarEagle, but that's a couple years out.

As for shops, you have to buy most of your parts online or be willing to make a drive. Our local shop in Boise, Idaho Speed Center, is way overpriced ($200 to install 2 hoodpins) and doesn't do quality work when it comes to Subies. You're better off heading south to SLC or west to PDX to get any work done. There is a local NASIOC chapter that can help with items, too. They aren't that vocal or active in the community, but oh well, we'll work with what we have.

Welcome to the community, if you have other Subie owners on base it wouldn't hurt to try and get the organized and we'll get something going.
    Bugeye Mafia #63

Hey guys,

This thread caught my interest because I wanted to see how many locals were going to www.idahorally.com on June 16th. I probably won't be able to make the trip down to compete but I know the guys who are competing would love to have more rally enthusiasts attending, AFAIK, the only tarmac event on the west coast.

Cheers,
    Erik

I'll definitely add this to my calendar. It's only about 45 minutes away.
    Bugeye Mafia #63

Sorry jen and I didnt see you your post IDWRX. we would of shown you around. we had our friends from Tri-cities area here with us fri and sat night. we went for a drive sat after the drags. maybe next time we can meet up.
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

That's cool, Bobby. Hopefully we'll have better Idaho representation at Subiefest 3.

We ended up going to Kells on Friday night, hung out on Saturday night, and went to everything in Washington Park on Sunday. All in all not too bad of a weekend.
    Bugeye Mafia #63

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by IDWRX View Post
    That's cool, Bobby. Hopefully we'll have better Idaho representation at Subiefest 3.

We ended up going to Kells on Friday night, hung out on Saturday night, and went to everything in Washington Park on Sunday. All in all not too bad of a weekend.
    I'm sure we see eachother at the next one !!!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Wow, so, this thread hasn't really moved much, has it? Okay, just to get a discussion started, how can we build up the Idaho ClubWRX community?
    Bugeye Mafia #63

Found a great little dirt road to play rally on. About 18 miles north of Ketchum there is a road going to Prairie Creek Trailhead. It's a pretty decent dirt road with jumps, fast straights, and a good twisty part that was partially covered in mud and snow. The car needs washed again but it was a blast. Next time, I'll have to try it faster then 30 miles an hour and without my son in the car...
    Bugeye Mafia #63

idaho

looks like its been awhile since anyone posted here but i am in lewiston idaho with a silver 04 sti and one of my best friends has a blue 04 sti about 6 blocks away from me. just wanted to see if there was anybody else around. i also know a guy in clarkston washington with a nice bolt-on 06 sti but he may already be a member here, i haven't talked to him since i bought the car or i would've asked him. there are some twisty roads around here but watch out for the cops, they don't give warnings for 80 in a 55 around a 30mph corner woops

Hey There!

Hey guys, I've been on ClubWRX forums abit, but just joined. I pray my wife will let me drive to Utah and buy my STI tomorrow!