The Official Idaho Thread - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Idaho Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hiya JustSteve!!! Congrats on your new baby! So what did you get???? Nice to see someone else on here from ...

Hiya JustSteve!!! Congrats on your new baby! So what did you get???? Nice to see someone else on here from this area. I am north of Rathdrum.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

Hello Ophelia,

I purchased a new 2006 WRX TR Silver in color. Since it was a 06 I got a great deal. I had them install the SPT Catback exhaust. Sounds pretty good. Not to loud and a nice deep tone. I really wanted the blue color like yours I think that color looks sharp. However, I am very happy with silver. I am tinting the windows next. Thanks for responding to my post. It is nice to hear from a local.

JustSteve

I just got my 06 in Sept. A couple of months ago I got my windows tinted. YaY!! I went to TintWorks and got the Formula One Ceramic tint 15%. I love it. I need to update my avatar pic.... Maybe I will see ya out and about.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

Ophelia,

Did you like the service that you received from Tint Works? Would you recommend them to someone for window tinting? Namely me? Do you think that they could have done a better job or that you could have received better quality service somewhere else? If so where? Has the quality of the product lasted through now? I know, so many questions without even a hello, so here you go: Hello.

JustSteve

I have taken various cars and trucks to Tint Works over the last 7 years. I have always been pleased with the job they have done. When I had my wrx done there was zero bubbles and it looks awesome. If you go there call first. He does a lot of home tinting and isn't always in the shop. I have seen other tint shops work and I believe that TW's was done better than other places that I have seen. Low cost isn't everything. It was $220 for the ceramic tint for front/back/sunroof. The tint has a nationwide lifetime warranty.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

Wink

Thanks for the info Ophelia, I talked to them (TW) today and it sounds like they have what I am looking for. I will probably get my windows done in the next couple of weeks.

JustSteve

I wonder how long it would take to drive from NJ to Idaho
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Too Long.

WAY too long!!!

Glad to hear it Steve!! I think they will do ya good. If ya wanna look at the finished product before just let me know!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

That sounds like a good idea, I am trying to decide how dark of a tint to go with. Definitely will go with the Ceramic tint though.

JustSteve

just dependsn on personal preference on how dark. I love my 15% tho it is a tad darker than legal. I think 22% is legal here.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

Cool

I think I need to get a picture of my car to use as my "avatar". I think I might take a picture with myself standing next to the car with a big cheesy grin because I enjoy the car so much. Sure beats my ford focus.

I know it sure beats the heck outta my dodge intrepid!!!!!!! i do need an updated avatar pic........no cheesy grin of mine in it tho!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

I installed a K&N Filter today in my stock air box and it seem like I get better throttle response. K&N website says you get 1-4 HP gains. Not much but the throttle response is the better advantage over the factory filter. The K&N filter seems like a good upgrade to keep things stock but gain performance and better filtration for the car. IMO.

JustSteve

I'm gonna be moving to Spokane, WA as soon as my house sells so close enough. It's right by Coeur d' Alene and Post Falls and all that.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.