2015 WRX CVT issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX CVT issue within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I have a 2015 WRX w/ the CVT and have been having some issues with it. All started when I ...

2015 WRX CVT issue

I have a 2015 WRX w/ the CVT and have been having some issues with it. All started when I had the first oil change done at Autowest Subaru in Roseville CA. After the oil change my car felt a Lil sluggish and was shifting hard for an automatic (I know in sport and sport sharp mode it shifts a lil quicker but this felt different than it was prior to the oil change. Then it started doing this thing where when I'd take off and hold it at a steady throttle not letting off it would shift really hard from 1st to what felt like 3rd then back to 2nd immediately back to 3rd then back to 2nd so on and so on until I let off the throttle. So I called the dealership and the service advisor said it's normal. I said bull**** and brought it in. After showing several techs what the issue was they finally took it in the back and 2 hours later discovered that the transmission fluid was over filled. This was at 3k miles now I have about 9k on it and it's still doing this funky shifting thing and I've taken the car back to the dealership several times one time they reset the transmission learning computer and that seemed to work for a couple days then it starts acting up again. Their telling me there's nothing they can do unless it starts doing it every time. I feel like I spent $30,000 on a lemon and the dealership doesn't give a ****. Any suggestions on what I should do would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey neighbor! I almost bought my 2015 at Autowest until Goldrush up in Auburn hooked me up with a better deal.

Anyways, I'd take the issue up with SOA. Explain your frustrations to them with the dealership and provide as much detail as possible. In some cases, they'll contact the dealership and work something out for you. But, to me this does sound like a warranty related issue.

GL man, and keep us posted.

Subaru of America - 1 (800) 782-2783
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

jnick - keep taking the car in for the same issue.

If, after 5-6 visits, it is still unresolved, contact a lemon law attorney.
    Document all visits in writing and save all service receipts.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah mine does NOT do that..

Normal.. pshh

^^ Both good ideas.. but bump it up to SOA
    Brain Blast!

My build: Minimal. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...han-never.html

2014 ISM Hatch (His)
    2015 CWP Premium (Hers)

That dealership screwed you. The tech most likely drained the CVT oil by mistake and replaced it with something other than the high torque CVT fluid that it needs. If it was shifting fine before you dropped it off for the oil change, then that is the most logical thing to happen. Take it to another dealer and have the CVT fluid inspected. Contact SOA afterwards and get a retainer for a lawyer. Just my $0.02, and keep us posted!

The CVT is a sealed system so the dealer shouldn't have messed with it.

Contact SOA. They will probably replace it for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.