About to get a '15 WRX (comes in August) - who do you trust for service?

This is a discussion on About to get a '15 WRX (comes in August) - who do you trust for service? within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello, I'm set to take delivery of my new WRX in August sometime; so excited, I can't wait! I've been ...

About to get a '15 WRX (comes in August) - who do you trust for service?

Hello,

I'm set to take delivery of my new WRX in August sometime; so excited, I can't wait! I've been looking for places on the Seattle side to take my car in when I need maintenance, oil changes, general service; mainly I want a good place that I know will take care of my car. I've heard of some places that are great on the East side (which could be okay, since I work there), but ideally would like something closer to home (North Seattle). Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't trust anyone to work on my cars, I do all my own work. But when the need arises to bring the car to a dealer I look for one that will allow me to watch my service be done.

Quote Originally Posted by clamsjager View Post
    I don't trust anyone to work on my cars, I do all my own work. But when the need arises to bring the car to a dealer I look for one that will allow me to watch my service be done.
    +1

Since my car had been in my possession, no one else has touched it. Many people don't treat other people's property with respect, simply cuz it's not theirs. That's not to say there aren't great people to do the work, but if I can do it myself...I'm doing it.

Thanks for the replies; however that doesn't really answer my question. While I, myself can do some maintenance type things, like changing the oil and brakes, I don't have the expertise, time, nor space in my garage to do any work above that (including possible upgrades/mods to the engine). I'm just looking for some recommendations on where one might go for good trusted Subaru-ccentric work. Please direct me to the right topic/discussion if this isn't the right place, as I'm still learning to navigate around the site.

Thanks again!

You will probably just have to research, and ask locals in your area who they would recommend. I wouldn't let my local Subaru dealership touch my car, I've done electrical work there and I see how this boys treat the vehicles.

Other that's that Idk what else to recommend. I live in a small town, so it's mostly word of mouth around here and small private businesses.

I would see if you can make time and room in the garage, there is nothing like doing stuff yourself on your car. And an added bonus is you learn the workings of the car and possibly save yourself a lot of money in repair bills over a popped off coupler or stuff like that.

Side not I actually one time loosened my coupler on the dude of the highway so I wouldn't ha etc go to work. Sent my boss a pic and stated I wouldn't be able to make it in.