Just out of curiosity, I'd like to hear from you guys/gals that are homeowners on the pros and cons of the NW states. We're looking to possibly relocate there from Virginia. I'm looking into western ID area, primarily. I'm in the IT profession, so my few initial questions are:
1. How's the weather, year-round? Do you get four seasons?, does it get stupid hot? Frigid cold? Rain all the time?
2. Financially, how expensive is it to live there?
3. Personal Property taxes? Are they insane? Real Estate Tax: City, State, or yes?
4. Job availability: Is there a decent chance to get a job in the IT field? Any suggestions?
5. Location-wise, what does living in a particular area of the state(s) give you, pro/con wise?
6. Education: How is the education system there? Good? mediocre? suck?
I appreciate your input, in advance.