The Offical Washington Thread? - Page 9
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Offical Washington Thread? within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by daver192 Hey All, Fairly new to the forum from the kent area. I have a base model ...

Quote Originally Posted by daver192 View Post
    Hey All,

Fairly new to the forum from the kent area. I have a base model 08 wrx hatch with vf-52 conversion and a host of supporting mods, big brake kits front and rear are next... Not sure what stage you would classify her love my suby
    WELCOME!!

Now when are we going to get a meet going guys?!
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

New WRX owner on Eastside

Hi all,
    I am the proud new owner of a stock '08 WRX premium sedan.
    We live in the foothills near North Bend.
    Anyone else have crap in the clearcoat of their stock paint? Body shop says its not a repaint but damn theres a lot of hair and crap in the clearcoat.
    Brian
    First time WRX owner
    '08 WRX sedan
    North Bend WA.

Welcome to the club man. My WRB wagon has more chips and scratches then I care to think about. Subarus are known for poor paint
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

Best WRX Mechanic in Seattle?

Hi all,

Sorry if I'm going out of order but I have a 2004 WRX wagon that needs some serious repair (Timing belt, re ar brakes, suspension, etc.). Anyways can people recommend the best mechanic in Seattle for Subaru service? I live in West Seattle. I used to World One Performance before they went to online only and I had a bad experience with Renton Subaru so I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks in advance!

Renton Subaru SUCKS. they're so pushy. they followed my family out to our car, as we were driving away they were trying to beg us to buy a car.

we havent had our subaru serviced/repaired yet, so i couldnt really recommend anything, but Auburn Subaru has pretty good employees, its just a bit out of your way...

You could look at going to Carter Subaru in Shoreline. I have not had service done to my car from them, but I have gone to their parts department several times and they seem to be well educated and more than happy to help customers out. Not sure if this really helps since I have not had any actual work done to my car from them.

i agree with carter in shoreline as well.. i always call them for help. i DO NOT reccomend the roy robinson in marysville.. they are horrible.. I went in to have my car have the fuel lines replaced under recall.. "somehow" after my car just happened to have the hose bolt for my power steering losened.. and leaking power steering out of my car... hmm.. coincedence? i think not..

then again its not your car if you dont do the work yourself.. =) i recently have done the breaks, struts, oxygen sensors and in the short past.. wheels. exhaust, intake, radiator, body parts.. and other things =)

I am do not really like Hanson Subaru in the Olympia Auto Mall area because they had no idea what some of the parts I was looking for was and I had to look on their diagrams and find them myself. I completely agree with the statement you made about working on your own car. My brother-in-law and I just did a ton of work to my car. New built short block, bigger turbo, FMIC, injectors, turbo inlet, and some other things as well. It can be stressful working on your own vehicle but yet also enjoyable at the same time.

There's a shop in Renton next to walkers. I think his shop is called the Subaru guru still. I highly recommend. Take my 04 wrx there all the time

AWD Auto in Kirkland - (425) 828-3600
    All Wheel Drive Auto: Independent Seattle Subaru Repair & Service

Ken Johanson is my go to Service Writer at the counter. He is very knowledgable and takes care of his customers for sure.

I agree with Ziggy. Working on your own car is very rewarding and much cheaper to boot! I buy parts from AWD Auto and do as much work as I can in my home garage. I just had my front suspension and brakes all apart to pull my front axles out and replace the CV boots. About $200 worth of parts but much less than what I would have to pay to have someone else do it.
    Last edited by 2002SubieWRX; 09-27-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4

Great responses. Thanks. I've heard good things about AWD Auto in Kirkland. Just a bit tough from West Seattle. I will also try Subaru Guru. Anybody got something close to West Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    AWD Auto in Kirkland - (425) 828-3600
    All Wheel Drive Auto: Independent Seattle Subaru Repair & Service

Ken Johanson is my go to Service Writer at the counter. He is very knowledgable and takes care of his customers for sure.

I agree with Ziggy. Working on your own car is very rewarding and much cheaper. I buy parts from AWD Auto and do as much work as I can in my home garage. I just had my front suspension and brakes all apart to pull my front axles out and replace the CV boots. About $200 worth of parts but much less than what I would have to pay to have someone else do it.
    BRO!! you didnt invite me to help?!
    actually i cant do much at the moment.. just had reconstruction surgery to fix a shattered bone in my finger.. big titanium screwthrough two bones

Quote Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 View Post
    BRO!! you didnt invite me to help?!
    actually i cant do much at the moment.. just had reconstruction surgery to fix a shattered bone in my finger.. big titanium screwthrough two bones
    Oh dang dude, sorry to hear about the finger! I'll call you when I do my brakes (rotors, pads, SS lines and master cylinder brace) which is the next project

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    Oh dang dude, sorry to hear about the finger! I'll call you when I do my brakes (rotors, pads, SS lines and master cylinder brace) which is the next project
    Haha it doesnt stop me from doing what needs to be done! I replaced the water pump on a 240sx last night one handed yo! =)

Quote Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 View Post
    Haha it doesnt stop me from doing what needs to be done! I replaced the water pump on a 240sx last night one handed yo! =)
    You are one hardcore mechanic. I guess only having one hand of knuckles to bust up could be a good thing. (Trying to look on the positive side of your busted up finger)