The Offical Washington Thread? - Page 26
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Offical Washington Thread? within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by nicholasn Hey, I'm a new '05 Saabaru aero (stick) owner and am looking for a mechanic in ...

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasn View Post
    Hey, I'm a new '05 Saabaru aero (stick) owner and am looking for a mechanic in Seattle. I need a new clutch and exhaust. I've tried two places already but they're hesitant to work on this orphan model. Any suggestions? Thanks, nicholas
    UP Garage in University Place. Doug is a really good guy. He did my clutch in my '06 wagon.

(sent from my phone)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

novascooby: in Seattle? I'm not seeing it on Google... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasn View Post
    novascooby: in Seattle? I'm not seeing it on Google... Thanks.
    Its in University Place, WA which is near Tacoma. It's one of the best shops in Western WA.

http://upgarageusa.com

(sent from my phone)

Jeff's Auto Repair is probably a little drive for you but they have serviced lots of odd cars of mine and do good work.
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Quote Originally Posted by novascooby View Post
    Its in University Place, WA which is near Tacoma. It's one of the best shops in Western WA.

Up Garage USA

(sent from my phone)
    Thanks!

Well I'm not a wrx owner at the moment but still own a subi so if anyone wants to meet up and bs about subi thing let me know I'm in the puyallup area.

Parked next to these 4 WRB WRX/Sti guys by the Regal Cinemas in Redmond on my way into a movie...
    [IMG][/IMG]

...and when I came out they had moved to the next row over and this guy had parked next to me. I guess if my fellow Subie owners don't want to park next to me, at least my twin will.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

I have an 02 wagon but i want a BRZ. Do you like your BRZ way more than your wagon?
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydingeman View Post
    I have an 02 wagon but i want a BRZ. Do you like your BRZ way more than your wagon?
    Tough question...I was just thinking about that yesterday when looking at these photos from a trip to Winthrop in 2011 in the WRX -

Took the same trip a few weeks back in the BRZ -

I think the best way to answer your question is this - They are completely different types of driving enjoyment. The WRX was fun because it was fast, had decent handling and had confidence inspiring AWD. The BRZ is such a better driver's car. I feel more in tune with the connection between the road and the car. It handles much better than the WRX (even though my WRX had excellent tires and the BRZ has the crappy stock Michelin Primacy HP tires). It's ability to quickly change directions with minimal body roll makes it such a blast on canyon roads. There are some mods on the drawing board for the next couple years; wheels/tires; intake and full exhaust; lowering springs/struts. Subaru built a very well balanced platform for future modifications. I'm very excited for the future of me and my BRZ

So do I miss having AWD and turbo WRX? Yes.
    Do I love the driving experience of the BRZ? Even more than I miss the AWD and turbo
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

i have a 2012 blue hatch WRX in Snohomish area

Nice day in the 509 to wash the car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1369624141429.jpg  
    Bugeye Mafia #417
    Speed never killed anyone, it's a person becoming stationery suddenly that kills.- Jeremy Clarkson

hey guys im new to the area, and the subaru world. bout a month ago i bought a 2008 WRX for my fiance, and we are both lookin forword to gettin the most out of the car. was curious if you guys know of a good tuner in the area. thanks for any help in advance, ive always wanted a wrx so glad to be on this side of the fence now
    Young Buck - 2008 Silver Impreza WRX - Cat back exhaust and some black wheels. - Under the Knife - Her ride
    Ol' Goat - 2008 Black Dodge 2500 Cummins - 705/1560 - my ride

New 2013 WRX owner here in Washington, about 2 hours south of Seattle in Castle Rock. Look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future.

Hey guys Im also in Washington around the Mount Vernon area. When you all do the meet I'd like to see some of your scoobies. Im always looking for new ideas. Gotta 05 black wrx with a lot of tinkering time in if ya know what I mean.

Old thread I see, but figured I'd chime in on the roll call. 2013 WRB Hatch in Mukilteo, WA (greater Seattle) hoping there any some meets or something that go on in the area. Would love to meet other Subie-fans!
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.