The Offical Washington Thread? - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Offical Washington Thread? within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 If its the plastic part of the radiator, as a temporary fix, you can use a ...

Quote Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 View Post
    If its the plastic part of the radiator, as a temporary fix, you can use a soddering iron to melt wire ties into the crack. I had to do that because my radiator cracked last summer in the middle of wyoming going up at 10% grade. It isnt really a permanent fix, but i was able to drive it back the 700miles or so through deserts and mountains.
    Yep that is the spot. Thanks for the idea I will try that for a temporary fix until I order a new one. Any preferences on brands?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04stiman View Post
    Yea I am now having issues with my radiator leaking so it looks like it might be time for a new one. Glad to hear that you car should be done by Tuesday. How long has it been now since you last had your car?
    oh damn thats crappy. :S its been about a month so im freakin excited
    18G Turbo,Turbo XS KMIC,HKS carbon fiber exhaust 3",element tuning downpipe,Perrin recirc BPV,Short Shifter,Stage 2 clutch,Lightweight flywheel,drilled rotors,Stoptech Brakes,NGK Iridium plugs,STI motor mounts,Kartboy pitch stop mount,Samco hose kit,Perrin cooling plate,Perrin lightened crank pulley,Perrin turbo inlet,Tein Racing Springs,Perrin PSRS,Sti aluminum control arms,Cobb front sway bar,Carbon Fiber STi Hood,Rally armor,Turbosmart eboost2,Spoiler Delete. Blob eye syndicate 7453

Quote Originally Posted by mclaughlin64 View Post
    oh damn thats crappy. :S its been about a month so im freakin excited
    Yea man I know exactly what your feeling. That happened with me when I was working on my engine rebuilt. I had to wait roughly 2 months or so for ordering parts and doing research as well. But, it is so sweet when it is finally finished and you hope in and start her up.

i finally got my subb back from the body shop she looks amazing. im all ready to go and definitely ready for the meet the 30th.have we figured out a time when everyone will meet up??
    18G Turbo,Turbo XS KMIC,HKS carbon fiber exhaust 3",element tuning downpipe,Perrin recirc BPV,Short Shifter,Stage 2 clutch,Lightweight flywheel,drilled rotors,Stoptech Brakes,NGK Iridium plugs,STI motor mounts,Kartboy pitch stop mount,Samco hose kit,Perrin cooling plate,Perrin lightened crank pulley,Perrin turbo inlet,Tein Racing Springs,Perrin PSRS,Sti aluminum control arms,Cobb front sway bar,Carbon Fiber STi Hood,Rally armor,Turbosmart eboost2,Spoiler Delete. Blob eye syndicate 7453

i finally got my subb back from the body shop she looks amazing. im all ready to go and definitely ready for the meet the 30th.have we figured out a time when everyone will meet up??
    We were thinking around being up there at around 1 p.m. So you and I will have to talk with the people out on the coast and figure out a time and place for us to meet up at. Any ideas? Also once again congrats on gettign her back and glad to hear that she looks amazing. I am just waiting for pay day to order my radiator.

Very nice!! i'm excited to see the final on that car!

And yeah we are meeting up at 1 in the alderwood mall.
    I gotta go to an emissions shop for them to "check my car" so i can get a waiver that they tried to fix it so i can get my tabs. Cuz in 2012 emissions in Wa state are going away!!
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

We were thinking around being up there at around 1 p.m. So you and I will have to talk with the people out on the coast and figure out a time and place for us to meet up at. Any ideas? Also once again congrats on gettign her back and glad to hear that she looks amazing. I am just waiting for pay day to order my radiator.
    ok sweet. ya i can try to get a hold of casey and see if he's down. maybe we can meet up at twin star or something since its right by the gates.

Yea that would be cool. I got to try and figure out what is wrong with my car now. I got the radiator today and installed it. Once it was installed and put coolant into it I went to start it up. More smoke started coming out from under the hood and also the exhaust. I also noticed coolant dripping from the exhaust as well. After less than a minute the car started to almost die over and over again, so once this happened I shut it down. If anyone has any idea what is going on feel free to let me know. Thanks
    Last edited by 04stiman; 10-21-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Yea that would be cool. I got to try and figure out what is wrong with my car now. I got the radiator today and installed it. Once it was installed and put coolant into it I went to start it up. More smoke started coming out from under the hood and also the exhaust. I also noticed coolant dripping from the exhaust as well. After less than a minute the car started to almost die over and over again, so once this happened I shut it down. If anyone has any idea what is going on feel free to let me know. Thanks
    So I know that I am replying to my own post but just updating you guys on my cars status. It appears on all accounts from what I have read on forums that I have a blown head gasket. Tomorrow I will be checking my oil to see if it looks milky and that will pretty much confirm my fear. I will be sure to update this more especially since we are planing on having that meet next Sunday.

So I know that I am replying to my own post but just updating you guys on my cars status. It appears on all accounts from what I have read on forums that I have a blown head gasket. Tomorrow I will be checking my oil to see if it looks milky and that will pretty much confirm my fear. I will be sure to update this more especially since we are planing on having that meet next Sunday.
    oh dang man!!! that sucks! you got white smoke billowing out of the engine or the exhaust?
    We gotta see that car out there for sure!!

oh dang man!!! that sucks! you got white smoke billowing out of the engine or the exhaust?
    We gotta see that car out there for sure!!
    Both man. I am not sure if I want to pull the engine myself and do it at my house or just take it to a shop to have them do it. It is such a pain to pull the engine so I am leaning towards a shop even though it will be expensive. My car will probably not make it up there but I will just catch a ride with one of the guys out here so I can still meet everyone and see all the cars. It will make me mad though seeing all these beautiful cars and mine is stuck at home but what can you do about it.

I dont thinkg you gotta pull the whole engine though.. i'm not sure exactly what it entails on a boxer but on my nissan i blew the head gasket and i only had to remove the upper block.

I dont thinkg you gotta pull the whole engine though.. i'm not sure exactly what it entails on a boxer but on my nissan i blew the head gasket and i only had to remove the upper block.
    On every forum that I have read and the mechanics that I have talked with there really is not a way to take the heads off with the engine still inside the car.

dud that sucks hella bad. but i mean you can mash up there with me or casey. i did get a hold of him and he said hes down to go. so you can either mash with me or him. we'll figure it out. hopefully your car gets done soon.

dud that sucks hella bad. but i mean you can mash up there with me or casey. i did get a hold of him and he said hes down to go. so you can either mash with me or him. we'll figure it out. hopefully your car gets done soon.
    Yea man I would probably roll up with you if that is cool. I have a question for you man. Have you ever had any work done by Ocean Front Automotive? If so do you trust them to do this job of pulling the engine out and changing the head gaskets?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.