The Offical Washington Thread? - Page 10
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Offical Washington Thread? within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX You are one hardcore mechanic. I guess only having one hand of knuckles to bust up ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    You are one hardcore mechanic. I guess only having one hand of knuckles to bust up could be a good thing. (Trying to look on the positive side of your busted up finger)
    Haha thats a good way to look at it.. =) upcoming here in the next month i believe is the subaru meet down in portland oregon. Anyone going to be rolling down with me on that one?
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know that you and I have had this conversation before but I finally got my car up and running again and will go down there with you. Do you know when this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by 04stiman View Post
    I know that you and I have had this conversation before but I finally got my car up and running again and will go down there with you. Do you know when this is happening?
    Haha we did have this convo last year for it. I'm not sure exactly when it is. I believe its middle of october.

Well whenever you hear of a date let me know so I can make sure to get the day(s) off this time. Also, by then I will go and get a dyno tune since my new engine will have been broken in properly by then.

Well whenever you hear of a date let me know so I can make sure to get the day(s) off this time. Also, by then I will go and get a dyno tune since my new engine will have been broken in properly by then.
    new engine?!?!?!

Yeah let me know when it is also. I'd probably go if it's on a weekend.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

Yea I blew my turbo like an idiot and I checked for compression and leaks and my engine was somewhat shot with bad compression. So, as supposed to just buying a new turbo I got a new engine from rallispec and my brother-in-law and I did a build on my car somewhat.

Yea I blew my turbo like an idiot and I checked for compression and leaks and my engine was somewhat shot with bad compression. So, as supposed to just buying a new turbo I got a new engine from rallispec and my brother-in-law and I did a build on my car somewhat.
    How much did that all set you back?

How'd you blow the turbo? I keep hearing about guys doing that and want to make sure I don't do the same. Did you crank the boost up with a boost controller or something? What mods were you running? My car is pretty much bone stock but runs great with 152,xxx miles! Just ask Ziggy how good it runs
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4

I currently had stage 2 upgrades with the accessport stage 2 tune running when I killed the turbo. I used to just drive like those idiots you see all the time driving down the road. I punished my car and it definitely hurt my bank account. Well my brother-in-law and I went all out as supposed to just doing the basic necessary replacement. We went out bought a new built engine from rallispec, fmic from perrin, 850 cc injectors stage 2+ clutch from spec, and a ton of little things here and there the final total I believe with buying special tools and everything came out to about 12,000 dollars. Yea, I know I could have saved money by buying used parts, but im weird like that and almost always need everything brand new.

I currently had stage 2 upgrades with the accessport stage 2 tune running when I killed the turbo. I used to just drive like those idiots you see all the time driving down the road. I punished my car and it definitely hurt my bank account. Well my brother-in-law and I went all out as supposed to just doing the basic necessary replacement. We went out bought a new built engine from rallispec, fmic from perrin, 850 cc injectors stage 2+ clutch from spec, and a ton of little things here and there the final total I believe with buying special tools and everything came out to about 12,000 dollars. Yea, I know I could have saved money by buying used parts, but im weird like that and almost always need everything brand new.
    Wow, that's a pretty penny! I bet it runs pretty good!

Yea it does so far.... Hope no more problems to come. I have a break in period for the new engine of 1500 miles then after then I am going to get it dyno tune. Right now I just have a break in map to where I can not go above 5000 rmps. I mean overall it was fun to tear into my engine and everything but I would have much rather done this build out of fun and time and not out of necessity.

I hear you there. I had a custom motor built for my 1968 Cougar and blew a head gasket (less than a year after installing it) during a full throttle run trying to impress my girlfriend (now wife). At the time it was my only car so I ended up borrowing cars for a while then buying a cheap commuter. The mechanic that I took it to for the rebuild (different mechanic) took his time but all in all did a great job. I'm hoping things will settle down so when I get some money saved up I can dig into restoring the Cougar on my own time now that it's not my daily driver.

Yea thats how it was for me. This is my only car and it was sitting for about 2 months while I order my parts and did research on the topic. I only had about 5 days to do the project. Which was to pull the engine, strip everything off it, put everything back onto the engine, then drop it back in. It was stressful when your working 12 hour days at your job also. I mean i enjoyed it but, it was just very stressful to say the least.

Sounds like a busy 5 days man. Bet you're ready to be out of that break-in period.

Yea I am for sure. I had my car up and running for maybe over 2 weeks and I have already but on 1100 miles. I can not wait to finally let her loose and see what all my work and money has gotten me.