SOIC/Southern Oregon August Drive! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SOIC/Southern Oregon August Drive! within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; For those of you who have never seen 'Lake Of The Woods', I shot some pics as I passed it ...

Thumbs up Tourist Pictures Of 'Lake Of The Woods'!

For those of you who have never seen 'Lake Of The Woods', I shot some pics as I passed it to fish the Williamson River today. As you can see, you can sit inside or on the porch, or even use the picnic tables. There are also a bunch of picnic tables in the shade between the restaurants.

The Marina Inn is an 'order up' and 'come get it', so you can eat at any of these spots. The REAL trick will be finding a parking solution... I will be speaking with management to see what we can do!

"Atheism is a 'non-prophet' organization." ~ George Carlin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those are some great pics. I love how McLoughlin is the backdrop for the lake. Miss that type of stuff. Fun times ahve been had up there!
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Thumbs up Amazing!

What a diversity of forums being represented on our August drive, check out the list! See you all there on the 31st!

Michael

Is the maps you posted missing a page, it goes from 3 to 5? Just a little curious

Yep, thanks! Double post of #3 and no map #4, will fix it! Good quality control!

MP

So where do we go to see the updated list? I tried and tried. Cannot find. Is it on another board? Thanks for the map mix

Geez! I do have a life!!! I do the list update every couple of days, so here is your name added to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyNuby View Post
    So where do we go to see the updated list? I tried and tried. Cannot find. Is it on another board? Thanks for the map mix
    I need Cell phone #, e-mail address and names ASAP. PM me, I have someone trying to get everyone hooked up for driving down from Portland together!!!

Are you sure you want to miss this drive???

Here's the road up the hill to lunch ~

Here's the road down the hill after lunch ~

I'd find a way to make this drive if I were you!

Anyone Home???

Wow! Not a single clubWRX driver on our roster (ScubyNuby had to bail because of work).

Come on... take the plunge and sign up! We got a half dozen guys from the Portland area coming in ~ let's give them a Southern Oregon hello on Saturday night when they get in.

So you are planning on going UP 66 and DOWN Dead Indian? That's the opposite of how I usually drive it. Mostly because I find the chances of getting stuck behind some slow ass motorhome/beater van are a lot higher when going up 66. In the opposite direction, if you get stuck behind someone, they at least aren't at the mercy of the incline and their underpowered vehicle.

Any particular reason you like to drive it that direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    So you are planning on going UP 66 and DOWN Dead Indian? That's the opposite of how I usually drive it. Mostly because I find the chances of getting stuck behind some slow ass motorhome/beater van are a lot higher when going up 66. In the opposite direction, if you get stuck behind someone, they at least aren't at the mercy of the incline and their underpowered vehicle.

Any particular reason you like to drive it that direction?
    If your going to run with us, I'll do it your way!

2 points. One is we are running Sunday of Labor Day weekend, it is not a speed run. We WILL get stuck behind slow movers and it doesn't matter which way we are going, I am not going to get 20-25 cars safely around anyone.

Two is when I am doing a speed run it is in the very early morning on a weekday. I wait @ the scales at the bottom of 66 until it's light enough for me to see without my headlights. Then I am gone! There is never any traffic on either road. I am back in Ashland before most people have had breakfast!

It seems like there's usually less traffic on Dead Indian than 66 on most days. The other thing I like about going up Dead Indian is that people often will use the pull outs and let you pass.

One more little bonus drive I sometimes add onto the tail end is as I'm coming down 66, I'll hang a left at Old Siskiyou Highway and head up to Callahan's, then hit I-5 back to town. That's a really fun drive in the fall, the trees and leaves are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-O View Post
    It seems like there's usually less traffic on Dead Indian than 66 on most days. The other thing I like about going up Dead Indian is that people often will use the pull outs and let you pass.

One more little bonus drive I sometimes add onto the tail end is as I'm coming down 66, I'll hang a left at Old Siskiyou Highway and head up to Callahan's, then hit I-5 back to town. That's a really fun drive in the fall, the trees and leaves are awesome.
    Hmmm? It's time to start planingn the Fall drive ~ maybe that's the route. I also considered going to the coast via Galice on the one and a half lane road to Agnes and Gold Beach... then onto lunch on the coast.

And the reason you aren't joining us for the drive is...
    Last edited by NW OBS; 08-24-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Possible chance of the girlfriend and I in my rex and maybe a few other cars from GP if I can sweet talk them!
    02 WRX: Injen CAI, 3 in. Cat Back, Turbo XS BOV, 07 WRX Tranny. =Ž

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast