How hard is it to change your transmisstion fluid???

This is a discussion on How hard is it to change your transmisstion fluid??? within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Wondering what people are recommending for high proformance application for trannsmisstion fluids. Looking at AMSoil super shift.....

How hard is it to change your transmisstion fluid???

Wondering what people are recommending for high proformance application for trannsmisstion fluids. Looking at AMSoil super shift..
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Megan type 2 Stealth Catback
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You know my answer.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

wondering though if it would be better to drain the old oil all out and put this stuff in it rather then mixing..
    Last edited by Havok_60; 12-07-2007 at 04:47 PM.
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Megan type 2 Stealth Catback
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Drain all of the old first. Always. Add the new fluid whether it be all the same or a blend. It will mix very quickly once you start driving.

The blend I use was suggested by an inquiry to http://www.andrewtechautomotive.com/ They know transmissions very well.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Hey Bill, what blend did AndrewTech recommend? I've always just used Redline MT-90 in the tranny and Redline 75W90NS in the rear end. However, I'm open to suggestions.

To the OP, changing the tranny fluid on the MT is very easy. Just pull the plug and let it drain out. To refill, I would suggest removing the intercooler. Also, get a funnel with a long flexible end.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    Hey Bill, what blend did AndrewTech recommend? I've always just used Redline MT-90 in the tranny and Redline 75W90NS in the rear end. However, I'm open to suggestions.

To the OP, changing the tranny fluid on the MT is very easy. Just pull the plug and let it drain out. To refill, I would suggest removing the intercooler. Also, get a funnel with a long flexible end.
    2 qts Redline 75-90W NS Synthetic / ~1.7 qts Redline Synthetic Shockproof. This is a blend JR (wrx wagone) is using. Andrewtech uses a blend with more shockproof in their race cars. The 2 / 1.7 blend works nicely for the street. Makes for noticeably smoother and more positive shifts.

I found a funnel at WalMart that has a flexible hose, and on / off valve at the base of the funnel. There are graduated marks to see exactly how much fluid is in the funnel. No need to remove the I / C. I can post up a pic if you would like.
    Mods & Pics

someone just did an excellent write up of changing tranny/rear dif fluid a few days ago.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block