Illinois...

50K views 212 replies 157 participants last post by  lawadm1 
#1 ·
where's everyone at????

me? Roselle.

later,
ryan

#57 ·
Schaumburg here. Just got my WRX on Tuesday, and moved here from Texas in June.

I have a question about rust proofing. Did any of y'all get it on your WRX? I purchased a package from the dealer, because it was only 500 bucks, and came with a lifetime warranty covering the paint and undercarriage of the car, which didn't seem like too bad of a deal.

Do you think I am wasting my money? The proofing hasn't been applied yet, as I am also waiting on a titanium shifter knob to come into the dealer. Should I tell the dealer I don't want the proofing applied and use the $500 towards my first mod?

#58 ·
Tex,
Congrats on the WRX. You'll love it! If I were you, I'd save that $500 for a mod. Rust proofing isn't going to stop anything before the average person gets rid of their car anyways. You'll love your car so much that they'll be more than enough wax on it:D

#59 ·
Try to Gather?

So many people all living in the chicago land area:
Schaumburg, Hinsdale, Oakbrook, Naperville, etc.
Why don't you all go out and ride some night?
(Adam - show them doty or have the AZNs show them Schaumburg:p )
Just an idea
Home: Hinsdale
Dorm: Columbia, Missouri (Missouri University)

-=Matt=-

#62 ·
I will be out of town for most of the turkey day break, but I'm only one person :) I am up for a get together almost any other time.

Stupid newbie question: What is GLD? I know its probably posted somewhere, but....

Are any of y'all going to the meet thing in Evanston this Sunday?

#63 ·
TexAg02 said:
I will be out of town for most of the turkey day break, but I'm only one person :) I am up for a get together almost any other time.

Stupid newbie question: What is GLD? I know its probably posted somewhere, but....

Are any of y'all going to the meet thing in Evanston this Sunday?
GLD=Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, Wisconsin. That and Joliet are the closest 1/4 mile drag strips around Chicago.

I might be at the Sheridan drive, depends on how much I have to study. :(

#65 ·
FastARSEwrx, I just ran into the thread on I-Club about the Sheridan drive. Are some of you still going to try and meet at Alumni? I live right off Higgins and Barrington and am really going to try and make this trip!!!! Nothing better stop me! Saturday all my parts that are in the mail should be installed and nothing is better than installing and then driving around for hours!!

#72 ·
bigtrick said:
Genesis Racing Development and Driver's Image are two that I've heard of.

http://www.grdperformance.com

http://www.driversimage.com/
Woah, sweet ass dude!! I didn't know that GRD was right down the road from me!!:cool: I've driven by it a hundred times, and didn't even know it!! That helps when I get the vishnu sub-zero set up this spring!!!! *bows down to bigtrick

#74 ·
Orland, Chicago Downtown..

I goto and live in Chicago downtown and on the weekends i live (hang out w/ parents) in Orland Park, I was wondering since all of us goto school in the downtown area, and finals wrapping up (for UIC the 15th). Lets all hang out like the dec 15th weekend, like a WRX meet or something like that, tell me what y'll think.....i'm up for a meeting near downtown, or the closeby 'burbs.....

Kiran

P.S I also think rallyx is about that time too, if u all wanna caravan, i'd be up for it...

#75 ·
Got bored, thought id reply to this even though i dont have my rex yet.... but im up in Northbrook, just north of the city... i dont see many rex's around here, just one kid in ablue one that drives like a nut around my neighborhood, but other that that..... haha right now im rollin in a big black wrangler.... oh and a little purple dodge stratus... haha, lookin forward to my 3rd car... the WRX... can't wait....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.