Subaru WRX Forum banner

Michigan Roll Call

136K views 1K replies 303 participants last post by  Rokura 
#1 · (Edited)
Post here if you live in Michigan

#6 ·
well, i'm not in michigan, but i'm from windsor. From the factory i had the performance guage pack - that was my only option.

Right now i have a blitz dual dc tt bought from Godspeed. By next wednesday, i will have cusco anti-swaybars, rev-lab short shifter, rev-lab underdrive pulley, rev-lab rear endlinks (to go with swaybars).

my goal at the moment is 350 hp.

thuynh2

#7 ·
PRESENT

Hi all,
I'm from Macomb, MI. This is my first post to clubwrx, I never knew it existed. I guess I have been missing out. Well anyways, here's my story I picked up my Blue Wrx August 2001 from Hodges and I started looking into performance kits or pkgs. I found Turboxs, great company and I m happy to say they helped me achieve 350 hp (So I think). This is how, I purchased the stage 4 kit from www.turboxs.com (Check it out). I m very happy with it! I have the VF-30 Turbo, Upgraded ECU, K&N, Full exhaust with 4" downpipe, Blitz digital boost controller, RFL blow-off valve, upgraded fuel pump, upgraded fuel injectors, and my stage 4 clutch and 12 pound fly wheel go in this week, 7/10/02.
I currently drive with my boost set at about 13 psi's which is quite comfortable but when the opportunity arrives and some tough guy pulls up in his Camaro SS which there's alot of them, I just turn it up to 18 psi's and generally he's toast, unless he's got some major work done. My next project is to get rid of the gross neon headlights and start working on the exterior of the car enough performance.

If anyone meets, goes to the drag strip, gratiot, whatever around the Metro Detroit Area give me a email. I m looking to go with some subaru's to the drag strip soon to find out my 1/4 mile times. Im pretty sure I'm in the 12's, but I want to know for sure.

Take care all and beat down those Camaro/TA's and SVT Lightings!
Kurt
Email- wrxtrbo@hotmail.com :)

#8 ·
My g/f and I just got the Rex this past Friday. After one weekend, it is even better than I thought it would be.

I live in Northville, and she lives in Toledo, but were are both moving to Wayne, MI.

We are planning on going to Milan Dragway tomorrow to baseline the car, if anyone is interested in going. Yeah, I know all about the break-in period, but we've already put almost 600 miles on it, so she's not in that bad of shape.

#11 ·
Yo, from Grand Blanc

But i work in Ann Arbor.

Still pretty much stock because I'm saving up for a ring.
I have this board up all day at work...always wishing there were more MI activity.

Saw a blue WRX going south on the 23 yesterday (aroung 4:30)...I wanted to wave but all we managed at the freeway speeds (going opp directions) was just staring at each other. If you're here...Yo! nice Ride.

If Godspeed was open on weekends, I think that would be a cool spot to meet up...sorry Dan, don't mean to imply nothing (for anyone that don't know, my limited experience w/ him is that he's one hard-working busy guy (which I respect)).

#12 ·
Hello,
I live in Sterling Heights, soon to be moving to Macomb Twp. and work in Troy. I drive a WRB WRX, have had it since early June. I love it. Stock for now but Cusco sway bars are on their way as I type. I am going to do suspension and cosmetic mods first because I dont want to deal with warranty issues just in case. If I see a fellow WRX'er i'll wave.

Peace

#16 ·
I'm here in East Lansing with my Black WRX wagon. Since I'm probably the oldest one with a WRX (mid-life crisis?), the only changes to my stock wagon are taking off the orange sidelights and replacing them with carbon fiber Sti stickers from i-club vendor and eyelids (top and bottom) from Speed-fx (another i-club vendor).

#18 ·
Hello all, i live in Harper woods, Mi. and have recently accuired a wrb WRX. No mods yet, although the first one is going to be the Scooby sport stage 1plus up/dp/exhaust and air filter. A freind of mine had installed this on his car and the performance boost and exhaust note are bolth very impressive, Unfortanetly he totaled his in a unfortate mishap up north ( Dont drink and drive ) anyway good to see fellow MI. wrxers.;)

#19 ·
Hi Everyone,

I live in Ann Arbor and work in Plymouth. I own a silver rex sedan with a few goodies. So far exterior wise I have OEM painted sideskirts, OEM front underspoiler, CF STi sidemarkers, steel gray Rota Tarmacs, Whiteline Springs, and an STi Version 6 wing. I've got a few engine mods, but the big fun stuff will be coming in the spring (UTEC, VF30, injectors, pump.... weeeeee!)

If you see me give me a wave :) Also, I'd definately be up for a meet of some sort

-Matt

#22 ·
i live in Leonard and work in Shelby Twp

Silver Sedan-Injen CAI, Samco ICH, Grnd Mod, SBC-ID@15.5,
Godspeed Up and Down Ps, Blits Nur Spec C Bck(no
silencer)....i refer to this setup as "anti-rice"

Savin Cash for the Big Turbo, Injectors, and UTEC

if youre around the 24 and Mound area and hear something very loud coming down the road from a mile away, and notice its not a mustang....thats me!!!

were lucky to be so close to Dan (God)!!!

#24 ·
I recognize few names from i-club here. I am up in Bay City. There are a few other WRXs running around here but I don't see them very often.

My performance mods are:

Blitz SBC-id Boost Controller
Perrin Uppipe
Stromung cat'd Downpipe
Forge BOV
Prodrive Muffler

Body mods:

STi Scoop
Gold Rota Tarmac wheels w/Kuhmo 712s
Sti Fog covers(replica)
MRT 22b Wing("big-ass wing" as my friend refers to it!)
Painted skirts