Michigan Roll Call - Page 46
Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

This is a discussion on Michigan Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by WaSTi Anyone up for Starbucks in RO this sat. 9am? Parking lot behind Mr. B's. Dammit! My ...

Quote Originally Posted by WaSTi View Post
    Anyone up for Starbucks in RO this sat. 9am? Parking lot behind Mr. B's.
    Dammit! My home town, and I can't make it. Outta town this weekend, and next.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ill be there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	float.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	105208

Frieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeendssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss!
    What's up fellow Subaru owners. I haven't checked this in a while,been busy moving and trying to hack my phone so I could use the internet
    Anybody in new baltimore on here? Seen a white sti hatch with red wheels driving around but never got the chance to talk to him/her. Also anybody going to the Detroit grand prix? I'm 90% sure I will and I thought it would be awesome if we could get a cruise going? Anybody? eh? The grand prix is from June 1st to the 3rd and it's like $25.

This Sat meet at RO at 830 and K2K after.

Registered User Turbosaurus Rex's Avatar
    Great meeting you guys out at Kart2Kart in Sterling Heights.
    To the guy that had the kartboy short throw. I forgot to get your name! lol
    Stink-Eye Mob #1337
    LIST OF MODS TO DO
    (------------------------THIS------LONG------------------------)
    SIZE OF BANK ACCOUNT
    (---)
    MODS DONE
    COBB AP w/ COBB SF INTAKE

Will be picking up my first WRX tomorrow... 02 with 109k on the body and 3k on a bone stock (yeeesssss....) Subi crate motor! Was excited to find one that hasn't been tuned yet... takes all the fun away from doing it yourself Now... that being said... can anyone recommend a solid, reputable, trustworthy source for performance mods in the South East Michigan area? I guess that's pretty generalized... I live in the Canton area, and would be willing to go from Ann Arbor to Detroit, and the metro surrounding areas as well (Royal Oak, Southfield, Bloomfield... basically where ever I suppose!

Thanks!!! Look forward to seeing some recommendations, and maybe joining a few meet-ups once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by lbz215 View Post
    Will be picking up my first WRX tomorrow... 02 with 109k on the body and 3k on a bone stock (yeeesssss....) Subi crate motor! Was excited to find one that hasn't been tuned yet... takes all the fun away from doing it yourself Now... that being said... can anyone recommend a solid, reputable, trustworthy source for performance mods in the South East Michigan area? I guess that's pretty generalized... I live in the Canton area, and would be willing to go from Ann Arbor to Detroit, and the metro surrounding areas as well (Royal Oak, Southfield, Bloomfield... basically where ever I suppose!

Thanks!!! Look forward to seeing some recommendations, and maybe joining a few meet-ups once in a while!

You looking for a shop to do the work for you or for a store that sells parts? If you're looking for parts then I suggest the internet. extremepsi.com is what I found to be a great site to get stuff fro my DSM and my Wrx. They also beat anyones price.
    - 2004.5 Jetta GLI 1.8T: Sold and I miss her.
    - 1992 Mustang Gt: Sold
    - 1993 S13 240sx KA24- Daily driver
    - 2004 Subi WRX - Weekend queen

Oakos is in Sterling Heights I believe. And yes, they have LOTS of parts lol.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Thanks for the online resource... I will certainly consider... Looking for a good "local" shop that would lend some helpful advice when chosing certain performance parts, and potentially doing some of the bigger projects that would be a pain in the a$$ to do in the parking lot of your apartment!

Found Oakos online... are there any others??? They can't be the only game in town??? Do a lot of people use Subi dealerships to install? Shop rates at dealers is usually unjustifiably high...

Found Oakos online... are there any others??? They can't be the only game in town??? Do a lot of people use Subi dealerships to install? Shop rates at dealers is usually unjustifiably high...
    They do installs too. When I went there to pick up my wheels, there were 3 WRXes in the shop getting work done. Give them a call. I'm sure there are other shops, but I don't know any.

Oh, and Oakos is a sponsor here and MISubie.com, so they do flex a little on their prices. I plan on going back in the future.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Yeah, Oakos does installs. You can check out what they do on their website. I believe Horsepower Techs are near Sterling Heights as well. Speed Industry is here in Troy next to the Motor Mall. Which is about less than five minutes away from me. They do good work and have done a lot of work on Subaru's. Check out www.xceedspeed.com. Misubie isn't very active.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Oakos rebuilt my tranny when I blew it, they do good stuff.

BTW, congrats on the purchase! I'm in Canton also, if you see a Silver 02 driving around on black wheels it's probably me.
    Matt
    2003 Silver Pontiac Vibe (sold)
    1990 Red Miata on Megasquirt3, soon to be getting the stock turbo off the WRX
    2002 Silver WRX sedan, Full Exhaust, 16G, Cobb AP self-tuned on E85 (work in progress)
    1986 Chevy K20, 350 4x4 on Megasquirt. Brings the car home when it breaks.

Future cars? Too many to list.

For anyone that USED to go to Speed Industry or knows of them...some of the original guys (the good ones, including Angel) opened up their own shop on the east side. They're called Horsepower Techs...around 16 Mile / Gratiot area in Clinton Township. I haven't been in there yet, but I know the reputations of the guys running it and they're very good at what they do. It just opened in September 2011.

Thanks for all the replies!!! I'll definately check out the recommendations for shops and online resources for parts and stuff. Got my Subi all legal today, what a line at the F'n Secretary of State! MWatson... if I see you around I'll definately throw a peace sign your way... so if you see some random dude in a silver boner stock WRX flash'n peace, and you're wondering who that hippie is.... probably me! Hahaha... Have a good one all!