Michigan Roll Call - Page 22
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Michigan Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello. Living in Sterling Heights and just picked up a '06 STi last week. It's a lease so I wont ...

Sterling Heights

Hello. Living in Sterling Heights and just picked up a '06 STi last week. It's a lease so I wont be going crazy with mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Club
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

welcome some pics please
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    welcome some pics please
    Just waxed it last night so will take some pics this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmy
    Just an FYI....

I have tried several dealerships and not one will let me drive an STI. Because of the car that it is, somewhat rare and very fast, you will not find a dealership that will let you drive one. Not to mention way too many people would drive them given the chance.

Besides what does them letting you test drive a car have to do with them being an idiot. If it was my dealership I wouldn't let you drive the car for fun either. Go to a dodge dealership and try to drive a viper or an srt-10 ram. It won't happen unless you have the ability to and plan to buy that day. Or for that matter try to drive a corvette.

If you are not planning on buying then what do you need to test drive for? Sorry for ranting, and I hope you get to test drive one, but it is not likely. Just being honest.
    Guess I'm replying to a year old post but wanted to mention that I had same issue with Suburban Subaru in Troy. They wouldn't let me test drive the STi and were somewhat rude. I mean... when I stopped by at BMW dealer, they were actually encouraging me to test drive $60K M3 and Subaru wont even let me test $35K STi??? So I called another Subaru dealer (Hodges) and they were saying the same thing. "Unless you're serious, we can't let you test it". What's being serious? I have to commit to the car before testing it? What's the point of test drive? At the time, I was actually considering two other vehicle. M3 and Infinity G35 Coupe. Anyway, after putting some sense into the guy, Hodges did let me test drive it and oh boy what a difference from TR.

But in the end, I think I got a good deal because of this test drive hassle. I called the Suburban again and complained that this other dealer did let me test it. And told them I will still buy from them if they can beat Hodge's numbers. And they beat it by quite a bit. From $426 a month to $404 a month.

Well, anyway, just wanted to share my experience for someone wishing to test drive one. Because unless I test drove the STi, I would've never got one. TR just wasn't the same.
    Last edited by taz1004; 08-11-2006 at 09:00 AM.

That's weird. I had a buddy request to test-drive an STi at Hodges and they didn't give him any grief.

That said, how much did you put down/trade-in to get your STi payments at $404, and what is the length of the financing?

Thanks.
    2005 WRX Wagon - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardi1782
    That's weird. I had a buddy request to test-drive an STi at Hodges and they didn't give him any grief.

That said, how much did you put down/trade-in to get your STi payments at $404, and what is the length of the financing?

Thanks.
    Well Hodges were nicer than Suburban. But still had to convince them I was actually interested and not just taking it for a joyride.

It was 3 year lease with 5K down. No trade-ins. Residual at the end of lease I believe was $20K.

I did have them give me figures on purchase for 63 month and 10K down. Hodge's were $485 and Suburban said they can do $440. Based on what the manager and the sales guy said at Suburban, seems like there's some rivalry going on with these two dealers.

By the way, is the meet in Novi still active? My STi is still stock and still trying to break it in but want to check out some of the mods you guys got. Like I've said above, mine is a lease so I don't think I can mod it too much so I'm thinking of something like the Accessport and maybe snorkus. Any other suggestion on mods you guys think are safe enough to perform on a leased STi would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1004
    By the way, is the meet in Novi still active? My STi is still stock and still trying to break it in but want to check out some of the mods you guys got. Like I've said above, mine is a lease so I don't think I can mod it too much so I'm thinking of something like the Accessport and maybe snorkus. Any other suggestion on mods you guys think are safe enough to perform on a leased STi would be appreciated.
    Novi meet is still active....
    Tuesdays around 7pm....they meet at Hooters now, but park in the same area in the south lot.
    Last edited by bluesti4me; 08-14-2006 at 04:38 PM.
    Do You Solo2?

I just bought a 2004 STI that's putting down 306 hp and 345 ft lbs to the wheels (acording to the Dynolog dyno sheets that came with it). Origional owner shipped it to EasyStreet in Ca. and told them to do everything. That was a couple years ago. I'm thinking about replacing the non-belmouth PDE downpipe with the Invidia divorced-wastegate one. Will ask opinions in the apropriate place on this site.

Car is silver with blue/black interior. Factory short shifter, armrest, changer, woofer etc.

First turbo car I have ever owned. Thing goes like stink. Softer springs would be nice. Less gears maybe. They sure come up awfully fast. Reminds me of my 125 shifter kart. Seems like I'm grabbing gears like they were $100 bills.

Quote Originally Posted by duckstu
    I just bought a 2004 STI that's putting down 306 hp and 345 ft lbs to the wheels (acording to the Dynolog dyno sheets that came with it). Origional owner shipped it to EasyStreet in Ca. and told them to do everything. That was a couple years ago. I'm thinking about replacing the non-belmouth PDE downpipe with the Invidia divorced-wastegate one. Will ask opinions in the apropriate place on this site.

Car is silver with blue/black interior. Factory short shifter, armrest, changer, woofer etc.

First turbo car I have ever owned. Thing goes like stink. Softer springs would be nice. Less gears maybe. They sure come up awfully fast. Reminds me of my 125 shifter kart. Seems like I'm grabbing gears like they were $100 bills.

Welcome and enjoy the car!
    Do You Solo2?

Anyone going to the metro cruise in grand rapids this weekend?

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

Haven't heard of it. Is it a one day event? What time? What occurs?

Food?

Thanks.
    If you don't blow it up once in a while,.....there's more power left in it.

Quote Originally Posted by White Out
    Anyone going to the metro cruise in grand rapids this weekend?

Nick
    I might if I know a little more information about it. When?? Where?? I live in Holland so its not to far of a trip.
    2005 WRB STI

tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100