Subaru WRX Forum banner

Michigan Roll Call

136K views 1K replies 303 participants last post by  Rokura 
#1 · (Edited)
Post here if you live in Michigan

#227 ·
mangiardi83:

As 04EsTI (thanks, btw :) ) stated, it is in Clarkston. Take the Sashabaw Road exit off of I-75, head East for maybe a half mile. DTE will be on the right hand side (South) of the road.

I'll see you there :wiggles: .

'05 Silver Wagon (Solo 2 tdS):
Kumho Ecsta MX 205/55/16
Schroth 4-point harnessbelts
K&N panel filter
Borla cat-back

#228 ·
bluehornet said:
Autometrics in Royal Oak (818 main) is a GREAT place. They do supurb work, and you car will be detailed like you wouldn't believe when you pick it up. They will not cut corners.
Bump for Autometrics (Centerline) off 10 mile east of Van ****. Excellant work, very professional organization. Me thinks there is one off Telegraph near the Home Depot, cant remember the road that runs west of Wide Track south of M59, just unde rand west of the Phoenix Center.

Blue

#232 ·
Mangiardi:

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but I'm not online much during the week-end. For furture reference, the SCCA member fee is $30 if paid in advance, $40 the day of the event. If you're not an SCCA member, it's $40 in advance, $50 the day of.

Hope this helps.

#234 ·
Blue 05 Saab 92x.

Live in Roseville, work in Pontiac.

You will see me most days ~820am on 75 NB between 14mile and square lake, then going the other way ~520pm.

I got's UTEC, and some exhaust stuff on the way.

#240 ·
vincent77 said:
Hey, just moved here and need help finding a local car shop to work on my wrx anything close to lansing would be nice, the dealership here is full of idiots, need a pro anyone please help.
I highly suggest not dogging on WIlliams auto world. They happen to be the best dealer in the state and I am sure that since your asking for somewhere to put parts on your car that you know nothing about cars, so maybe your the idiot. :thumbup:

Nick

#241 ·
nick,

you need to learn how to read, it said someone to work on my car, not put parts so whos the idiot, second i went to williams to test drive the new STi because i will be buying one in the spring and they said no because i "wasnt buying today" people that treat me like **** do not deserve my $. I have never had any trouble at any dealership and have owned everything from a ford to lexus to a caddy. So if you cant help, learn how to read.

Thanks

Walter

looking forward to meeting all of you the next time you get together.

#242 ·
vincent77 said:
nick,

you need to learn how to read, it said someone to work on my car, not put parts so whos the idiot, second i went to williams to test drive the new STi because i will be buying one in the spring and they said no because i "wasnt buying today" people that treat me like **** do not deserve my $. I have never had any trouble at any dealership and have owned everything from a ford to lexus to a caddy. So if you cant help, learn how to read.

Thanks

Walter

looking forward to meeting all of you the next time you get together.
Just an FYI....

I have tried several dealerships and not one will let me drive an STI. Because of the car that it is, somewhat rare and very fast, you will not find a dealership that will let you drive one. Not to mention way too many people would drive them given the chance.

Besides what does them letting you test drive a car have to do with them being an idiot. If it was my dealership I wouldn't let you drive the car for fun either. Go to a dodge dealership and try to drive a viper or an srt-10 ram. It won't happen unless you have the ability to and plan to buy that day. Or for that matter try to drive a corvette.

If you are not planning on buying then what do you need to test drive for? Sorry for ranting, and I hope you get to test drive one, but it is not likely. Just being honest.

#243 ·
hey,

All i want to know is if anyone here knows anyplace that can tune my wrx, the fact that i got treated like SH*T at williams has nothing to do with me looking for a local car shop, i used to work for a dealership in NY and we had faster and more expensive cars then the sti, buyers would come in all the time and drive cars and buy even though they wanted to buy month from then, the fact is im not a punk kid out for a drive after all im a subaru owner looking for upgrade, i have been back in NY since and driven the new sti great car more then i expected, i have also talked to people that work at williams who told me that their abilities to tune a car that has upgrades is not at all there, Im not here to start fights, the fact is the manager would not even talk to me and thats unherd of from where i am, i have since purchased a suburban for my parents from shaheen and they turned over the keys to a 50k car and didnt even go with me on the test drive, can you agree with me that a porshe driver can drive up to any porshe dealership and take any car on the lot for a drive, i bought a lexus brand new no problem, i bough an caddy sts (300 HP V8) no problem, i bought a F-250 v-10 no problem, and i test drove the sti in NY no problem, because of my current financial situation i cant just buy a car but i am in the spring, and i explained this to the sales person before i went in to look at the car in the first place. enough about that i love my wrx and i dont belive, based on my limited experiance, that williams is the place to take it, if no one is able to point me in the right direction then i guess this isnt the forum for me, after all i thought that all wrx drivers looked out for each other, if im in the wrong place let me know. if i offended any williams employees my fault i do know one of them there and he is a good guy, SO IF ANYONE KNOWS A TUNER SHOP LET ME KNOW

Thanks,
Walter

feel free to email me vincent77@excite.com

#245 ·
If you didn't like the way williams treated you, definatly stay away from the dealer in GR. They are horrible. Williams has the best service for subies in the country that I have seen. I am basing this from 4 dealers in MI, 2 in PA, 3 in Cali, and 1 in HI. Nobody will let you drive an STi, when I picked up mine, there was no shot that I was going to be able to drive it before purchase, anywhere. I ended up going to PA to pick up the car.
For tuning I would say go over to www.nasioc.com and look up a guy by the name of jeorge (it is spelled weird). He is outside of chicago and well worth the drive, otherwise you can go over to godspeed and hope that dan gives you an ok tune for the buck.

Nick

#246 ·
thanks

I wrote subaru about not being able to drive one and at least they responded they say it's a dealership choice, I come from NY and a dealership that went all out to treat their costomers like gold, meybe I was suprised because i have never encounterd anything like that, I think it's an outrage that an subaru owner or a customer can be denied the basic option of a test drive, from my experiance thats what sells the car, especially a WRX, thats what sold me on the car. Anyways i appreciate the feedback, hows godspeed i wrote them an email havent heard anything back yet. Im having the cars computer acting up and the tein suspension is getting killed by all the potholes Im woried that the suspension will fall apart on these roads, Is anyone running it on a tein in MI if so how has it held up?

#249 ·
Thanks for all the feedback

It's so tough coming to a new state and looking for all the things one had back home, thanks for all the advice i appreciate it. Now if anyone knows about any twisted back roads I can have fun on around lansing also a nice big open area to have fun on when the snow comes that would be sweet.

Walter