Ohio Roll Call - Page 99
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 181 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2702

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; rlem00, Your wish list should look something like this: 1. Exhaust Options a. Downpipe (long or short pipe?/Catless or with ...

rlem00,

Your wish list should look something like this:

1. Exhaust Options
    a. Downpipe (long or short pipe?/Catless or with mid-cat left?)
    b. Uppipe (probably not a flex pipe, get something like Crucial Racing Thermal Coated uppipe or something solid)
    c. Aftermarket Muffler

2. Engine Management:
    a. AccessPORT?
    b. UTEC?
    c. EcuTEK?

3. Suspension/Handling:
    a. New 17"/18" wheels with summer performance tires
    b. Rear sway bar (24mm or so, adjustable is preferred)
    c. Strut Tower Bars (front & rear)
    d. Full coilovers and dampers

4. Engine Mods:
    a. Silicone Intercooler Hoses (Perrin or Samco)
    b. New Injectors, Turbo, Fuel Pump (VF series, STI pink injectors, Walbro fuel pump)

Just to get you started on your way...
    Last edited by tubbytreats; 07-15-2004 at 11:15 AM.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well said Tubbs (where's Crockett?). Good, objective list.

Now my subjective suggestions. First, buy used if you can.

1. Accessport, or at least a reflash. Even stage 1 is fun.
    2. Downpipe- I, like Nick, am very happy with my Stromung.
    3. Catback- get a used one if you can. I'm budget minded, so if nothing else, some have good results from picking out a nice muffler and having an exhaust shop build the rest (3" pipe with crush bends is more than adequate).
    4. Wheels. I have Rotas and am very happy with them. New with tires will run over $1k, used with tires around $600-$700.

These are what I would call "must haves." Of course, some have a different list.

KillPaulHogan,

Here's a Spec Miata link for ya!!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1392

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Here's my take on the list. Gut the stock UP, it takes a little work, but is well worth the effort(as it's free). Steve, DizzyTT, loves to gut them and will do it for you.

Buy a DP, Stromung/bosal and gut your midpipe if you want to go full catless. This will allow you to retain the stock look and only looses maybe 2 hp over buying a full catless DP.

For suspension, get a rear sway and endlinks. Find a set of Ground Controls and Koni's from some one. Give you almost all the benefits of coilovers for a lot less. I got mine for 350 used with about 10000 miles. All components have lifetime warranties, so even if something breaks, they will replace it.

I agree with the Rota talk. I have a set of rota torques from Subydude. They cost me 1200 shipped for rims and tires, mounted and balanced, and a set of $100 Mcgards spline drive lugs with bearings so that you don't scratch the inside of the rims when you put the lugs on.

I have just described my car. For the budget minded consumer this is the way to go. So far I have put <2000 in mine and have everything listed above + some gauges, short shifter, grounding mod, shift knob and I'm sure other things I am forgetting.

Subieworx's suspension is a GREAT bang for your buck mod!
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

i don't check the thread for a couple days and it blows up on me. what's up to all the cinci people. unfortunately i'll be in canada for the next week, and then cedar point the following week. should be a definite good time though. i have to miss the autoX though .
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Hey guys, new to the forum as of a few weeks ago, but more importantly, I'll be new to Ohio pretty soon. I'm moving to Toledo in October, currently in northern Wisconsin. Can't wait to move to civilization! Let me know what I'm in for, who's out there, and who I should hook up with when I get down there. Anybody else right in Toledo?

Also looking for a a good Subie dealer to work with, (my '04 has 800 miles on it) and I'm looking for a good tint shop. What can I expect to pay down there for 35% on all 5 windows? Last question, does Ohio require you to post a front liscense plate? Wisconsin does and it really sucks up the look of the front of the car.

Originally posted by WR Blue Pearl
    Hey guys, new to the forum as of a few weeks ago, but more importantly, I'll be new to Ohio pretty soon. I'm moving to Toledo in October, currently in northern Wisconsin. Can't wait to move to civilization! Let me know what I'm in for, who's out there, and who I should hook up with when I get down there. Anybody else right in Toledo?

Also looking for a a good Subie dealer to work with, (my '04 has 800 miles on it) and I'm looking for a good tint shop. What can I expect to pay down there for 35% on all 5 windows? Last question, does Ohio require you to post a front liscense plate? Wisconsin does and it really sucks up the look of the front of the car.
    dealer - Wagner Subaru in Fairborn, tell them jason bornhorst referred you

front plate - yep its required, however i think you can get away with it, just keep it in your car just in case.

tint - not sure, im looking to do that myself.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Welcome and what's up. I used to live in Toledo. Wisconsin must really be out there because I always wanted to get out of Toledo for the feeling of lack of civilization. There is a pretty good dealership there by the name of Yark Subaru. They are located on Central Ave and is where I bought my car from. There is a tint shop down the road from there on Holland Sylvania RD just south of Central ave that does a great job. I had my Talon done there for about $140 with lifetime warranty.

Other than that if you get on Nasioc.com and go in the midwest section there is a thread for the Toledo area. They hang out on Friday and Saturday night, but it is mostly a ghetto fest.

i forget anyone up for getting together on sat?
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine

There is an install going on at Marty's house. Check the Nasioc thread, there is an address there for directions. It all goes down at 11, but sadly I will not be able to attend.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by subieworx
    [B]Welcome and what's up. I used to live in Toledo. Wisconsin must really be out there because I always wanted to get out of Toledo for the feeling of lack of civilization.

I live in Marinette, we're on the border of Wisonsin and Michigan's upper peninsula. The whole town is about 12,000 people and the biggest thing we have going for us is an Applebee's lol! My '04 WRB Rex is a celebrity around town already, there's only one other Rex in town at all, another WRB, but it's an 03'

My car is completely stock right now, and I got a big thumbs up form a guy in a Saturn last night at a stop light. My wife goes "who's that?" I said "nobody I know"...she didn't believe me that other people think these are hot cars too. Some girls just don't understand!

I got asked by a guy at a stop light yesterday if I put the hood scoop on. I said no, it's stock. He said wow, that must make it fast.

Man, this thread confuses me. What happened to the Dayton folks????

Originally posted by fatgroundhog
    Man, this thread confuses me. What happened to the Dayton folks????
    i'm here, sitting in pain. just got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning and wow was it fun.

other then that, there hasn't been much for me to say or respond to, so I haven't posted a lot.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.