Ohio Roll Call - Page 96
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 182 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2722

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Yah I was real surprised to see Nick's car at the gym to day too. Wondered what was going on. ...

Yah I was real surprised to see Nick's car at the gym to day too. Wondered what was going on.

Yah I'm pretty sure my "daredevil" days with the STi are pretty much over. Too fast, too heavy, and especially too expensive to be tracking at this point in time. Maybe when the warranty is up. As a result I've "bought" the share in the Miata race car. Much cheaper and safer alternative. The Blazer is going to DC to be the tow vehicle so the STi going to be the full time vehicle back here. No more fair weathering it. Still up for autocrossing. It's only 2 min of abuse vs. 3 hours. Plus no novice drivers or walls to hit. I'm in for the 25th. It'll be my first time so expect some spins.

Eric, I second the motion that Cali is the shiz. Only 19 more months for me!

Oh yah and I go under the laser tomorrow morning. Wish luck, cross fingers, pray, whatever you can give.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nick - i'm gettin it through subaru of dallas (my dads out there so he can just grab it - no shipping). we called them and he said when he gets them in he'll give us a call. i think i'm gonna call them again real soon and see whats up.

KillPaul - if you need a co-driver, i'd love to drive...i mean ride with you.... i've read some about those spec miata cars, it sounds like a blast. and good luck with your surgery

oh, for autox, these cars don't really spin unless you do something really awkward, just put your tire pressures up to 40 or so and have fun
    Last edited by bluerex47; 07-13-2004 at 09:54 PM.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

I'm surprised you are allowed to run D stock with 17". Definitely should be in STX immediately due to them. I'm getting close to being in SM which scares me. I have rear sway bar and endlinks, short shifter, coilovers, 17x8 rims and tires, UP, DP and probably something else I am forgetting.

btw, to introduce myself, I am the evil evo owner in the cincy wrx group...

Nice to meet you guys!
    Welcome!!

Sorry I have been MIA lately. Been buried at work!

Integra: I like the clean car All you have to do is start it and listen to your exhaust to get enjoyment!

Good luck on the surgery Dave.

KillPaulHogan - Good luck on surgery man, I'll be praying for your recovery.

IntegraToWRX - Can you show me how to freaking wash and wax my car? I'm sick of BLACK!!!!

California is tight. I'm going there August 6th - 14th and will be participating in the http://www.rideanddrive.net in Northern LA on August 8th at 2:30 PM. Should be boatloads of fun, I'm really excited!

I'm up for meeting you guys for the day of the AutoX. What time does stuff usually kick off, and who should I be looking for??

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Among others, a screaming yellow EVO (towing a trailer) and a Blue Sti will be showing up together... and possibly others.

subieworx...since 17's came as a stock option, i can still run d stock (tire size does not matter).

to everyone else, www.worscca.org will give you everything you need to know. but heres a quick run down.

8 a.m. Registration and Tech Open
    9:30 a.m. Registration Closes
    9:45 a.m. Tech Closes
    9:45 a.m. Novice Driver's Meeting and Course Walk
    10 a.m. Driver's Meeting
    10:30 a.m. First Car on Course!

From 675 North or South:
    Take Fairfield Rd Exit
    Turn North towards Nutter Center
    Left (West) onto Col. Glenn
    Right onto University Blvd
    Take the very first Left and you will be at Lot #4!

you can preregister online if you'd like. I'll definitely be there, looking forward to seeing many other people too
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Look at this:

Saa-baru joint venture will share the upcoming 7-passenger SUV from Subaru:
    http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=06219488

That's crap for Subaru dealers....they've been waiting for a 7-pass SUV for years now.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Oh yeah, like the Mazda6?? You'll love this:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=07383418

276 BHP, AWD sedan with a twin-turbo 2.3L 4-cyl engine. Competition for the Evo and STI me thinks....

2002 WRX Mods:

Originally posted by bluerex47
    subieworx...since 17's came as a stock option, i can still run d stock (tire size does not matter).

to everyone else, www.worscca.org will give you everything you need to know. but heres a quick run down.

8 a.m. Registration and Tech Open
    9:30 a.m. Registration Closes
    9:45 a.m. Tech Closes
    9:45 a.m. Novice Driver's Meeting and Course Walk
    10 a.m. Driver's Meeting
    10:30 a.m. First Car on Course!

From 675 North or South:
    Take Fairfield Rd Exit
    Turn North towards Nutter Center
    Left (West) onto Col. Glenn
    Right onto University Blvd
    Take the very first Left and you will be at Lot #4!

you can preregister online if you'd like. I'll definitely be there, looking forward to seeing many other people too
    Technically the 17's were a dealer installed options and hence are not allowed in DS class. SCCA rules specifically state if the part is nor a factory installed option it is not allowed in the stcok classes.

I like how it says first car off at 10:30. Do they stick to that time? The cincy atuox's always get started late. Sometime we are not off till 12.

I am reigstered for the 25th. Can't wait to meet you guys.
    Last edited by subieworx; 07-14-2004 at 06:39 AM.

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    Oh yeah, like the Mazda6?? You'll love this:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=07383418

276 BHP, AWD sedan with a twin-turbo 2.3L 4-cyl engine. Competition for the Evo and STI me thinks....
    I think the twin turbo part is a misprint. I've never seen a twin-turbo 4 Cylinder? Maybe they meant a twin scroll turbo?

Either way, it's a sweet car.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

Probably a misprint, and at first glance I thought it said "twin scroll turbo", but either way its going to be a contender. Hopefully the MazdaSpeed folks can get the handling and braking under control to compete.

2002 WRX Mods:

So I think we need to open a Dayton thread...oh, this is it. Nevermind. It moves too fast. Can't you guys use the phone? Just kidding.

Dave, the surgery is a snap. Its after the drugs wear off that sucks. The doc is super cautious and conservative, so if there is any risk above normal, he'll reject you.

I'm sitting in Virginia, in an empty office, after being interviewed by a Major General. Kinda cool...and nerve racking. Quite a few Subies out here, and a dealer-pimped out SRT-4 (complete with ironing board wing) sitting on the Dodge lot.

I'm out.

Originally posted by integratowrx
    I think the twin turbo part is a misprint. I've never seen a twin-turbo 4 Cylinder? Maybe they meant a twin scroll turbo?

Either way, it's a sweet car.
    There was a legacy with a 2.0 or 2.2 liter H4 motor in Japan that was twin turbo.

Hey guys I have to do a little work to the Subie tonight and I would love some company. Perhaps Tony since he knows his way around turbos and is close and anyone that wants to come. I need some cheering up Anyways I need to take the turbo off and better fit the tubo inlet hose to it and make sure it isn't ripped anywhere. Let me know.
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.