Ohio Roll Call - Page 89
Page 89 of 180 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2699

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; ya know I would love to help but am under strict orders not to use my brain by both bosses. ...

ya know I would love to help but am under strict orders not to use my brain by both bosses. So looks like I'll be shining up Angelena (mywrx) if the weather cooperates
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subi's truck is really nice, and pulls hard. It will make someone happy.

Integ just got a tint, and tubby has a nice tint too, so info to follow on that, I'm sure.

Nothing else to say. Oh, Snow, get some wheels. Just get them. No matter which ones you get, you'll still like other ones. Get some, and if you don't like them, get some others. Its just money.

We are planning a meet this Saturday at his house for camber bolts install and possible brake upgrades on a 2.5 RS and Outback, if we get the parts in time. If you guys are interested I will let them know.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...23#post6976423
    THis is the thread on NASIOC where we all talk and plan our gettogethers. It is a bit large, about 5500 posts, but feel free to just jump on and introduce yourselves. I let everyone know we were planning on meeting up. Should be a good time.

cloudzero - Hey Dustin, thanks for all your help with my ScoobySport install, I couldn't have done it without you! I've certainly been doing alot more to my car since we talked in October 03, and now the wallet has been drained dry!

snowvert - If you got a CF hood, you are right, you'd need a CF trunk as well, not to mention the fact that you'd need a new set (or multiple sets as fatgroundhog has suggested) of wheels for that extra bling touch.

Although, I'd like to see what a stocker WRX looks like with just CF hood and trunk. I'd probably laugh.

subieworx - Thanks for the link, I'll definately check it out and bookmark it. It would be great to have a combined meet up sometime!

TINT:
    I got mine done at Ziebart here in Fairborn, OH with 3M tint (the good stuff) and at 35%. I think my total with tax was only $143 or something. I really approve of their work and have been really happy with it ever since! Lifetime Guarantee isn't shabby either!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Hey all - I'm from the Cincy crew. I won't be able to make the Saturday install, but that's ok since the parts for the Outback won't be here yet (long story).

A bunch of us will be going to to the autoX on the 11th down here (it's on the north side of the city so the drive wouldn't be too bad - check out cincyautox.org). I also know that I, and probably a few others will be coming up for the autoX at WSU on the 25th.

Originally posted by subieworx
    We are planning a meet this Saturday at his house for camber bolts install and possible brake upgrades on a 2.5 RS and Outback, if we get the parts in time. If you guys are interested I will let them know.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...23#post6976423
    THis is the thread on NASIOC where we all talk and plan our gettogethers. It is a bit large, about 5500 posts, but feel free to just jump on and introduce yourselves. I let everyone know we were planning on meeting up. Should be a good time.

Sup everyone. I got my own install going on Sat. I am going up to Godspeed and getting my 20g installed and tuned. Looking for big numbers.. But we are going to have to have a big meet between everyone in Cinci and surrounding areas soon before the end of summer.
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

Originally posted by bluerex47
    Hey I've got a question for you guys. What kind of tint percentages do you have? I've got a place that will do 50% all around for $160, just wondering if this was too light. I know 35% is the most popular....also, if you got any pics, can you post them please? thx
    I too went with 35%. 50% looked too close to no tint. I figure if I get pulled over for speeding or somethin' I'll just roll my front windows down. I'm hoping I never get pulled over just because of the tint. So my vote is for 35%. I've heard good things about Ziebart also. I got mine done at a smaller shop in Huber, and am really happy with it. A dude on base recommended it, and I thought his tint looked excellent. I think it ended up being around $180 tax and all.

I'm up for a visit to Cincy also. I recognize a couple of the guys (F22-Raptor etc...) from the trip I made down there more than a year ago.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by KillPaulHogan
    So ended up going to Hamilton and it was a ghost town definately cool if all you feel like is running. For 20 min more drive and the same price you can pretty much run at will. There was never more than like 5 cars at the staging area at one time. I think I got like 15 runs. It was ridiculous. I should brind a book next time during the cool down sessions. All that and my best was a 13.22 Still another .1 sec better. Had about ten runs in the 13.3s NOTE: they do enfore the helmets under 13.99. Luckily I had mine or the trip would have only yeilded one run.
    Say... where is this Hamilton place of which you speak... (grin) Only track I know of is Edgewater and they seem to have a rather negative reputation when it comes to track maintenance...

Originally posted by edsmith42
    Say... where is this Hamilton place of which you speak... (grin) Only track I know of is Edgewater and they seem to have a rather negative reputation when it comes to track maintenance...
    I'll agree with that. I went there once and the track was terrible.

Wink

Originally posted by subieworx
    I'll agree with that. I went there once and the track was terrible.
    Hey! Are you going to start post-whoring over here too? The Cincy thread might die without you!

Say... any of you dayton guys want to buy a Carbon Kevlar hood scoop? It's black CF one way and Blue Kevlar the other. (for 02-03 WRX)

It's called Tri-State in Hamilton, OH. Just northeast of Cinci. It's pretty small and not the best maintanence either but the crowd is super thin.

Have another NASA HPDE school this weekend so I won't be at the meet on Sat. Bummer.

Have a tint dilemma too. The dealer put on 20% on the backs but nothing up front. Yah looks like a SUV. Should I get 20% on the fronts, which I think is illegal or do the legal 35% on the front which might look dumb cause I'll be two tone. I could also take it off and do 35% all around but I think that's expensive. Oh well.

Anyone in for the auto-x on the 25th at WSU? I've been meaning to do one and there aren't many left. Some of the Cinci guys look like they want to go too.

Hey! Are you going to start post-whoring over here too? The Cincy thread might die without you!
    Hey, come on, I'm trying to unite the subie community here. Besides, I have a lot of useful knowledge about cars in general.

And I'll have you know I am only #4 on the list of posters there.

I still have more posts than you guys over here.

=+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

Hey... what happened to our thread?? Am I in the right forum???

j/k

Whats up guys? Nice to have all of you here. Welcome to our little group.

KillPaulHogan - Do you have CA plates or OH plates, I forget?? If you have CA, you'll be just fine, their illegal is 10% or less I believe. Here in OH, you can have the 20% as long as your car is still registered in the other state.

If you are registered in OH, I dunno, alot of folks seem to be able to run 20% around with no problem. Since you had yours done by a dealer in Cali, you could just explain that to the cop the 1st time he pulled you over, and he'll probably be more lenient. They realize that people move around and since you're AF, he'd probably cut you a break or a warning.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)